The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

His trial by social media is **** ridiculous

its a poor piece of journalism with a shit attention grabbing headline followed by very little in terms of back up or evidence as to what Jack was doing at that party followed by people jumping on his back

hes done nothing wrong and yet will probably be dropped at the weekend and see his form slump for the rest of the season again

collymores put his cape on and jumped in, does t make the situation better but generates another unwanted headline...well done Stan...

• Like 1

There is no clear evidence that Jack inhaled or that he was still there when anyone else did or after he had noticed anyone doing so.

What is clear is that he has a target on his back and that some or at least one of his "associates" are happy to still sell him down the river for a few quid from a newspaper despite the trouble this has caused him in the past. He needs to find out who these people are and cut them out of his night's out.    

Or we ne to accept that a paper can print "a source close to grealish" and then happily print whatever they like...they don't have to disclose that source or prove that source even exists

jack could have popped his head in to that party for half an hour and then driven home and that article in the mail would be exactly the same, it doesn't claim Jack was one of those kicked out at 7:45, it doesn't claim that Jack was acting lawlessly, it doesn't claim that Jack was doing the gas balloons...it's all implied through clever writing

I'm late reading this article. Agreed though throughout several posts I've read. That rag, they love to sense something and really sensationalise it as they know with a little slant, they can provoke reaction to it. They must have really loved coming across that news. This, the "paper" that highlights the flaws of footballers or celebrities yet seems to (with an agenda) champion immoral @&£?s like the kardashians... 

That aside, as a Villa fan, it's not nice seeing a player linked to a negative press story. Whatever the story is, it's out there and he's linked to it. I am disappointed in Jack as it brings a spotlight onto him again, and a discussion about professionalism. He's a local lad, forging out a career that is the ultimate for any of us, he could be a real home town hero and role model for young kids wanting to make it in the game. 

i don't want to keep seeing him under investigation by the club, internal matters and so on. There's no doubt he is immature or the company he keeps especially so. Sure, he is young and allowed to have fun. But what is he now, 21? Sort your private life out son, and by that I mean stay in the news for all of the right reasons. Knuckle down and chip in this season, we really need your type of flair, your type of player. 

Theres a bit of the Gazzas to Jack which we will have to accept. but at the same time, he needs to understand that some media types are just waiting for his next slip up or somethingg they can mound into one. He won't like seeing his name dragged through the press but it's what comes after that counts now. We're having a crap season on the back of one of our crappest and need all of our players committed and up for it. this whole thing could be a lot lot worse. He needs a good old fashioned club mentor to see him straight, some hairdryer treatment and he will be right. Let's move on.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Different eras and different  standards though

True, but there's no denying as good as McGrath was he could have been even better.  Possibly one of the best defenders ever according to some.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

True, but there's no denying as good as McGrath was he could have been even better.  Possibly one of the best defenders ever according to some.

McGrath did it on the pitch despite his demons though. He was our best player and one of the best players in the league for years, shit, he won the PFA player of the season award in 92/93 from central defence. You have to be something else to win that award as a defender. 

I think the point with Grealish is that he's not produced yet. He's had a lot of hype and a couple of big performances (notably the FA Cup semi final) but we are still waiting for him to be the star player that everybody is hoping he will be, the star player that McGrath was. If people suspect that Grealish's off field distractions are holding his on field performances then they are going to pull him up about it. Stan's column totally lacked class, it was more about Stan than it was about Jack but even so he's kinda got a point. 

• Like 2

Going to be fined two weeks wages (50K) according to the papers. It doesn't sound like he did much wrong but he keeps popping up in the papers for the wrong reasons. He should at least get new "friends" if they are the ones leaking these things to the newspapers. If he knuckles down for a season and applies himself 100% he's a fantastic talent and should be one of the best players in the league but so far he's been OK but not more than that IMO.

did he inhale anything, no evidence to suggest he did
was he pissed out of his mind, we don't know but no-one has claimed that
was he even there when his dick mates got 'unruly' who knows!

The Daily Facist kept hold of that story until a few days before the Newcastle match to make sure they got the maximum negative impact to the club and player at a time when pressure is already mounting.

It was his birthday, i don't really give a crap if he stayed up late with his mates, the fact there are no pictures or actually quotes saying he did anything negative other than 'be there at some point' shows what a non story it is or at least seems.

• Like 2

He did plenty wrong.

(i) up all hours partying.

(ii) in the papers again.

He's a professional sportsman who simply doesn't take his career seriously.  In addition, he's a moron, as given the wealth available to him there are abundant venues available specifically to allow this type of thing to occur in private for the wealthy individual. 

I will be very concerned if RDM doesn't come down on him like a ton of bricks. The culture at the club is rotten to the core and this sort of rubbish needs to be stamped out.

or perhaps Dr. T. needs to play bad cop here, given the damage to the brand and the reversion to the old Villa stupidity.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

FFS. Doesnt suprise me though. I have been very critical of the lad.. and i was slowly coming around to him.. but he just doesnt learn. Fine.. celebrate your birthday....  AT YOUR HOUSE. You have so much money just buy a party house and keep it private. Dont go to a hotel where there are witnesses out to get you. Whoever gave the information to the Daily Mail must be a 'friend'.. as it was a quite detailed itinerary. They are not your friends Jack. They are jealous of you.. so they are making money off you. Wise up. 

Should be banned from the next match or two as well. Money is not enough. Lose his spot and make him fight for it again. (not like he did when Remi did it).

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep - agree with this. It seems some players get away with and others get labelled. Bit like Collymoore and Gaza.

I think we've been caught with this one.

Daily Mail have printed a story with no pictures (except for old Jack partying pictures) and have padded it out with speculation. It really is a bit of a non-story and looks awfully like they are trying to stir up some news for themselves. Maybe Jack was there maybe he wasn't but IMO lit's important to look at the fallout of this story. This has played out very well for the papers if you ask me.

Collymore who is meant to be a journalist himself, can't spot a poor piece of journalism and jumps to write 'an open letter to Jack'. So guess what's on todays papers! Instead of a one day none story, Collymore has made it a two day back pager. Followed by Tony-Tweet-alot, (who can't keep it quiet about anything that goes on) has also given the papers more fuel for their fire.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-owner-urges-jack-8888727

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/21/stan-collymore-writes-open-letter-to-aston-villas-jack-grealish/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3801043/Aston-Villa-fine-Jack-Grealish-50-000-late-night-antics-Roberto-Di-Matteo-reads-riot-act.html

I just think we've got done on this one hook line and sinker, the official word from the club was 'investigating the ALLEGATION internally'. I just wish everyone involved could have stuck to that. 

• Like 1

Â