The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Best player on the pitch in nearly every game last season. Wanted by two national teams and highly rated and known throughout the game. Only foolish villa fans would give up on his potential after one bad spell in an injury hit season. 

Give me a shout when he makes his England debut. 

A few tricks but not quick enough, no heart, no positional sense and can't defend. Will be hard pressed to hold down a place in any decent prem side who can buy much better luxury players. Would have been OK in the 80s but no position for him in the modern game

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Give me a shout when he makes his England debut. 

A few tricks but not quick enough, no heart, no positional sense and can't defend. Will be hard pressed to hold down a place in any decent prem side who can buy much better luxury players. Would have been OK in the 80s but no position for him in the modern game

What? We're in the modern game and he was a highly rated youngster, known by many clubs and two national teams paying a lot of attention to him. I guess all those people thought we were in the 80's

I think there is a real player in there but whether we see it or someone else, that's the question?  Someone needs to sit him down in the summer and find out from him very quickly whether he wants to knuckle down and be the main creative spark in the team next season.  If he doesn't, then sell him, but for a good fee and sell on clause included.    I for one hope he stays though and helps to bring us back!

He showed last season how good he is. 

This season is down to stupid behaviour in the summer and an injury hit pre season, which has led to more injuries this season. Confidence is low but how anyone can question his ability is beyond me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This season is down to stupid behaviour in the summer and an injury hit pre season, which has led to more injuries this season. Confidence is low but how anyone can question his ability is beyond me. 

How many goals did he score with this "ability" he has?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not many. He sure did do a fuckload of stepovers in the middle of nowhere though, before losing the ball and throwing his arms around blaming everyone else.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not many. He's a 19 year old kid playing at the top level. It's not really the norm for players that age. 

Last season though he was the best player on the pitch in nearly every game he played in. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not many. He sure did do a fuckload of stepovers in the middle of nowhere though, before losing the ball and throwing his arms around blaming everyone else.

Yeah, though they are more use getting him to the bar to order his WKD Blue.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Last season though he was the best player on the pitch in nearly every game he played in. 

Apart from the semi final, I'm struggling to think of a game in which he was our best player, never mind the best one on the pitch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not many. He's a 19 year old kid playing at the top level. It's not really the norm for players that age

Deli Ali says hi! Little bit more pressure top of the league too.

Also you don't here to much of him going on the piss after game. 

A midfielder can't be the best player on the pitch without a few goals to his name

Not bothered if he goes or stays. Has potential to be good but unfortunately was highly overrated in my opinion after one season.

I don't like him, but that's based on his attitude this season. Forgetting off pitch antics, after his Lord and saviour was sacked, he became vacant on the pitch. It was almost like Sinclair had been giving him playing tips.

Needs to mature in attitude and ability and then, only then, can we start deciding if he's any good. Unfortunately for me he's an average kid with a bad attitude.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Deli Ali says hi! Little bit more pressure top of the league too.

Also you don't here to much of him going on the piss after game. 

A midfielder can't be the best player on the pitch without a few goals to his name

Dele Ali is a very good player and currently performing at a much higher level than grealish. What's your point? I said it wasn't the norm. Pointing out 1 player backs this up. 

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

1 in 30 games, plus 1 assist

League leading for step overs mind!

I'll say it again Barkley's 2nd seasons stats were played 29. 2 goals 1 assist. Third season he has stepped up. Give the boy a chance 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I'll say it again Barkley's 2nd seasons stats were played 29. 2 goals 1 assist. Third season he has stepped up. Give the boy a chance 

I get that and let's hope he does knuckle down and improve. I'm not at all certain that he will though. Currently he couldn't lace Barkleys boots 

Even if he does make a miraculous comeback I have a further concern that he is a bit of an oddity - not quick enough to be a forward and not hard working enough to be a midfielder. His best bet is wide midfield but I think his lack of defensive discipline lets him down here also - struggling teams can't afford a luxury player like that and good teams can attract better.  I hope I'm proved wrong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

I get that and let's hope he does knuckle down and improve. I'm not at all certain that he will though. Currently he couldn't lace Barkleys boots 

Even if he does make a miraculous comeback I have a further concern that he is a bit of an oddity - not quick enough to be a forward and not hard working enough to be a midfielder. His best bet is wide midfield but I think his lack of defensive discipline lets him down here also - struggling teams can't afford a luxury player like that and good teams can attract better.  I hope I'm proved wrong

All fair points can't argue with any of it. 

• Like 1

I think he needs to be played for the rest of the season to see what he can do. All of our other midfielders are shot and I want them all gone. Hopefully Jack will show us a repeat of what he had last season and prove he can be an enormous part of next year's championship winning side. .  It is a good point though. Lots of people excusing his actions as normal for his age and questioning why he should be a saint but try googling Dele Ali drunk or on hippy Crack and you will draw a blank. It does not necessarily follow but I am sure it can only help a young footballer trying to find his very highest level if they sacrifice the hedonistic lifestyle and I am 100% certain that it will detract from their career if they embrace it. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wait a minute... You claim that Garde is a disaster because of his record..... the extenuating circumstances the he got a crap squad with minimal skill and low confidence and then was undermined by the board, are not relevant in your posts in his thread because his record is so bad.

But then Grealish whose record is horrible for creating any attack or any defense gets a pass from you because of HIS OWN stupid behaviors and low confidence?

Frankly, I think they both have huge potential but we don't really have much evidence to see how much of their abilities they could bring to shine on full display next year.  But the reasons we don't know what Garde can do are because of things he could not control, but the reasons we don't know what Grealish can do are because of his own doing.  (attitude off the field and attitude/lack of effort on the field.) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Wait a minute... You claim that Garde is a disaster because of his record..... the extenuating circumstances the he got a crap squad with minimal skill and low confidence and then was undermined by the board, are not relevant in your posts in his thread because his record is so bad.

But then Grealish whose record is horrible for creating any attack or any defense gets a pass from you because of HIS OWN stupid behaviors and low confidence?

Frankly, I think they both have huge potential but we don't really have much evidence to see how much of their abilities they could bring to shine on full display next year.  But the reasons we don't know what Garde can do are because of things he could not control, but the reasons we don't know what Grealish can do are because of his own doing.  (attitude off the field and attitude/lack of effort on the field.) 

I saw Grealish last year. I know what he can do. 

So the rest of your criticism regarding my opinion of the manager is garbage. 

And I don't remember using the word disaster. 

Edited by DCJonah

Â