The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he was playing for a side that was not completely useless and was not a local lad, he would not be getting half the criticism he is currently getting.

Build them up, knock them down.

But he has been as useless as them so deserves to be critised

Always makes me smile when he is referred to as Lee Hendrie Mk 2. On what basis? He's local and got floppy hair? There is no other comparison. Hendrie played 300 times for Villa and was a key performer for us for a number of seasons when we used to finish in the top half of the table. A lot of people underplay how important he was to us. Yeah he could have been better but Grealish hasn't done enough to even be talked about in the same breath as Hendrie yet. 

As for Grealish himself, he's gone from being our saviour to public enemy number 1 in a few months. He's having an awful season but he will come good. There is no way we should consider getting rid.  

I compared him to Hendrie due to the fact that they both had tough starts to their Villa career (Hendrie getting sent off on his debut) and currently it looks like Jack isn't going to fulfill his potential, which in my opinion Hendrie didn't.

The only thing he has shown this season is petulance and a lack of respect. He clearly lacks integrity, and if we had a half decent midfield, wouldn't get headlines of any sort, let alone game time. 

He is raw, has a talent but is not even 50% of a first team regular. He lacks pace, drive, passion, doesn't create or score enough, if he can address this he could be a very good player. Thing is he won't, because doesn't have the mentality for it. File him under the Moore brothers. Professional sport is full of very gifted and talented players who fall by the wayside due to bad decisions and lack of application, they just don't have the mentality, discipline and self improvement needed for the pinnacle of sport. There are hundreds of PL footballers with less talent but are solid pros who work for their managers and clubs. Professional sport is more about mental attitude than ability (but admittedly you can't get anywhere without the latter).

FWIW, Hendrie had a few good seasons, even played for England and could've joined Liverpool when he genuinely was a real prospect scoring and changing games. From my recollection, he shone brighter in his early Villa career, and his trajectory and momentum was better too (until he became 'distracted').

• Like 3

Some of the comments here are ridiculous but they’re what I’ve come to expect from a certain element on here.

He has cost us nothing and has contributed more than some of the multi million pound flops currently rotting our club to its core.

I cannot understand why he is the subject of your ire.

He is a 20 year old product of our academy.

Our club is a mess and his development has been handled by 3 different managers in 2015. How many in 2016 is anyone's guess?

His talent is obvious but I wouldn’t put it past Aston Villa to f**k that up along with everything else.  At least he can rely on the generous support of our fans! :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

His talent is obvious but I wouldn’t put it past Aston Villa to f**k that up along with everything else.  At least he can rely on the generous support of our fans! :ph34r:

Poor old Jack.  He's giving it his all and is being let down by our terrible support!  Go Jack!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

Some of the comments here are ridiculous but they’re what I’ve come to expect from a certain element on here.

He has cost us nothing and has contributed more than some of the multi million pound flops currently rotting our club to its core.

Our club is a mess and his development has been handled by 3 different managers in 2015. How many in 2016 is anyone's guess?

I think you will find he has cost us quite a lot to develop him, and will continue to do so.

His talent is obvious but I wouldn’t put it past Aston Villa to f**k that up along with everything else.  At least he can rely on the generous support of our fans! [emoji185]

I think you will find he has cost us quite a lot to develop him, and will continue to do so.

Would you care to put a figure on it. The unit cost of a 20 year old academy graduate at Villa?? Please do

His talent is obvious but I wouldn’t put it past Aston Villa to f**k that up along with everything else.  At least he can rely on the generous support of our fans! [emoji185]

Poor old Jack.  He's giving it his all and is being let down by our terrible support!  Go Jack!!

Oh I see now, it's the 20 year old prospect that's to blame for our club sinking into the championship without a trace! Makes sense, let's boo him[emoji106]

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, omariqy said:

On the things wrong with Villa, Jack Grealish is way down the list.

For me he is the epitome of what's wrong with the club.  Not that fixing him fixes the club just that he is a classic example of it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

About 15 years and counting is the current cost of developing this self centered gobshite.

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not sure of his cost, but I would guess circa £15K per week. Not bad for a professional sulk.

Well compare it to Joe Bennett or Kozak and it looks a bargain.

Nevermind the money splurged on crap the likes of Richardson, Tonev, Luna, Helenius, Sylla etc. And don’t even mention Charles!!

I remember when I heard about his antics the other week which led to Remi Garde banishing him I said "He's a 20 year old lad with 100's of thousands of pounds in his bank. Why let something as silly as a football match ruin your weekend when you're in that position..." 

But seriously though, he's just not even up for debate for me. He's shown glimpses in the odd game but overall I would say he has had 3 stand out games. West Ham at home last season. Liverpool at Wembley. And Birmingham at home this season.

Albrighton came onto the scene looking a lot more promising than what Grealish has done and there was nowhere near as much hype. Why the media created the circus about him choosing England or Ireland is beyond me. He's genuinely not good enough for Ireland let alone England.

Loaning him out now to get his head straight and back focused on what he needs to do for his career would be a good move for all parties in my opinion.

Â