The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm not a Grealish fan.  But I don't think he's "bang average."  I think he has a smooth and stylish play that's very entertaining to watch.  I just don't see him attacking the goal, attacking the ball, or attacking an opponent.  It's beautiful when he ghosts past an opponent, but it loses all the product when he then slows down, lets them recover, so he can ghost past them again.  Maybe he has spent too much time playing keep away.  

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I just don't see all the potential that others seem to think Grealish has. For me he is bang average and gets gets too much hype because everything else at the club is shite. I'd like to be wrong and I hope I am but I just don't get the whole Grealish thing.

He certainly doesn't excite like Walters did, Grealish doesn't even excite me as much as Daley either.

Yes Walters and Daley were natural wingers though with bags of pace, so I agree they were more exiting to watch. Perhaps there has been a bit too much hype after last season performances and the England v Ireland situation. He's probably found that difficult to cope with as well. Its difficult now with the team in the situation they are for him to flourish. I think he'll be a important player in the championship next season. They loved him at Notts County in div 1. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

or maybe both were just as good but woefully mis-managed here.

I would be happy to have both of them in our starting line-up

Cannot agree with that! Grealish has acted a tw@t and been disciplined for it. Rightly so imo! 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Time to put in that performance he owes Garde but more so us the fans. Could be our season saviour ( not too much pressure) 

There would be pressure if he had shown he could actually be the saviour, such as having a great run of 4 assists and goals in 5 games. People would be expecting him to do that all the time then and it would be true pressure. As it is he's done bugger all all season and so people aren't expecting him to do anything apart from swan around a bit then go off after an hour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Another one that will have too many excuses made up for him because he is "Villa"

Enough is enough.

yes because people are slaughtering a guy that hasnt started a game in over a month. Grealish isnt the reason we are shit and just like Gabby they will get horrible abuse on here because they are local lads when other wasters get away with murder

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 18:07, PompeyVillan said:

On Saturday, January 02, 2016 at 15:51, Zatman said:

poor today, sadly it looks like his confidence has been crushed and as I said before I knew he would be No.1 scapegoat for some fans when times get tough because he is the local player

Lacking in confidence? 

No chance. The kid thinks he is a real player. He isn't. In a way I am glad this idiot will be playing Championship football next season.

Â