The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

'After being expected to start wide, Sherwood opted to play the highly-rated prospect behind Gabby Agbonlahor and Cristian Benteke as a playmaker. The gamble failed to pay off though as he was subbed with 20 minutes remaining following a lightweight display.'

Sky sports

Load of bollocks

Came to say the same thing, they didn't have the game on TV so what would they know?

lightweight in that QPR made several attempts to barge him off the ball?

who was it who clattered him just before he was subbed? im guessing henry or some other thug of a footballer they had, caulker had a good go too, was a proper swipe that he was lucky only to clip him

think he's going to get a fair bit of that, blatantly fouled but nothing given because he's "lightweight"

An 'icing on the cake player' for me at the moment.

This.

How can Sherwood truly feel as though Grealish is going to put anything more in for the team defensively?

Had a good game but I'd still rather see Gil if it was one or the other.

• Like 1

'After being expected to start wide, Sherwood opted to play the highly-rated prospect behind Gabby Agbonlahor and Cristian Benteke as a playmaker. The gamble failed to pay off though as he was subbed with 20 minutes remaining following a lightweight display.'

Sky sports

Load of bollocks

Came to say the same thing, they didn't have the game on TV so what would they know?

Guardian also said he didn't make an impact, which I don't agree with. He looked tidy and was definitely influencing the game but not sure he produced a key pass, cross or shot. Should've scored first half too.  

I was encouraged. Will be interesting to see if he starts on Saturday.

An 'icing on the cake player' for me at the moment.

This.

How can Sherwood truly feel as though Grealish is going to put anything more in for the team defensively?

Had a good game but I'd still rather see Gil if it was one or the other.

He didn't say that was the case. It was assumed by the media and fans that that is what he meant. N'Zogbia is another of that type and so is Cole.

I don't know what the issue is with Gil, couldn't care less as long as we stay up, but it is not that.

Sky sports

Load of bollocks

Skyscumsport can **** right off.

If only a few million more would refuse to pay for their product like I have, the words removed would go out of business

He had some good passes and runs and for the most part played well but there were times he got caught napping, either lingering on the ball or else standing and not making the run into space. Hopefully he can learn to do those things as he plays more and if he does he could be a very good player for us

Guardian also said he didn't make an impact, which I don't agree with. 

Um.

Here's what The Guardian seem to have said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/07/aston-villa-qpr-five-talking-points

Grealish makes impressive impact
5462a810-bc3b-4946-bdfe-4e0e3b4719ee.jpg
Advertisement

Before this match Jack Grealish had been used only sporadically, and known mainly for being fined by Paul Lambert in January for tweeting that he “can’t wait to be happy playing football again”. Perhaps it won’t be long: Sherwood recently predicted that he “could be the hero” his side need, and he impressed on this full league debut. The lifelong Villa fan immediately assumed a central role, linking play well, taking attacking set pieces and even trying to catch out Robert Green with a cheeky shot at the near post from wide. His corners were unexceptional but other contributions impressive, until he was eventually replaced by Joe Cole, a midfielder at the other end of his career. Perhaps Grealish could do with pulling his socks up, but only in the literal sense. As it happened, it was a year to the day since Sherwood, then at Spurs, gave another youngster a full league debut – and everything has worked out OK for Harry Kane.

Which bit of that were you referring to

• Like 1

Guardian also said he didn't make an impact, which I don't agree with. 

Um.

Here's what The Guardian seem to have said:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/apr/07/aston-villa-qpr-five-talking-points

Grealish makes impressive impact
5462a810-bc3b-4946-bdfe-4e0e3b4719ee.jpg
Advertisement

Before this match Jack Grealish had been used only sporadically, and known mainly for being fined by Paul Lambert in January for tweeting that he “can’t wait to be happy playing football again”. Perhaps it won’t be long: Sherwood recently predicted that he “could be the hero” his side need, and he impressed on this full league debut. The lifelong Villa fan immediately assumed a central role, linking play well, taking attacking set pieces and even trying to catch out Robert Green with a cheeky shot at the near post from wide. His corners were unexceptional but other contributions impressive, until he was eventually replaced by Joe Cole, a midfielder at the other end of his career. Perhaps Grealish could do with pulling his socks up, but only in the literal sense. As it happened, it was a year to the day since Sherwood, then at Spurs, gave another youngster a full league debut – and everything has worked out OK for Harry Kane.

Which bit of that were you referring to

Not that bit, obviously. Thought it was from their match report but I can't see it now. Oh well. 

• Like 1

He might as well start.  I thought he had a decent game, personally.  Did well taking on his man and beating him, and used decoy runners well in the process.  Was disappointed to see him taken off.

He is lightweight, but he knows where to put his body when there's a loose ball and while he might get barged off it, he will mostly draw the foul. I think he actually glided through the opposition two or three times, lovely to watch. Unlucky not to score too. More please!

I must have been at a different game - much as I like him - I thought he was very poor last night. Easily pushed off the ball, poor challenges, and poor decision making.  2nd worse player to Richardson on the night...

I must have been at a different game - much as I like him - I thought he was very poor last night. Easily pushed off the ball, poor challenges, and poor decision making.  2nd worse player to Richardson on the night...

must have been

Â