The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If he was looking to con the Referee he would have jumped up appealing for the decision or stayed on the floor withering in fake agony. When Taylor sent off the Albion player, moments after you could see on his face that he knew it was probably the wrong decision and in dismissing Grealish evened things up.

The most annoying thing about the red card is it can't be appealed.

An appeal would be unsuccessful anyway. It was a dive.

Unfortunate, and does seem harsh seeing as the first booking was so innocuous, but it's only a 1 game ban for the sunderland game

I just don't think it was worthy of a card. We have ex pros telling us all the time that it's part of the game and is clever play.

Dive... all day long.

Let's stop defending the indefensible, it's embarrassing.

So says you but lawro shearer jenas and others say not and I know who I believe (apart from my own eyes and recording replays)

The same pundits who said Suarez didn't dive against us last season.

Forgive me if I don't take their word as gospel.

• Like 2

Don't worry Jack, next time you'll stay on your feet, get clattered and be injured for a while and Villatalk will tell you that you need to jump and anticipate the contact coming in. 

Exactly, you get some 6 ft tank of a centre half commiting himself straight towards you, just plant your leg in the ground and let him bend it 45 degrees the wrong way.

Just another example if a ref who has never played the game.

You can avoid contact and not throw yourself to the ground at the same time. There is a middle ground.

And, AGAIN, Jack made contact. Deliberately. How can you say he was avoiding contact when he was actively looking for it?

• Like 1

Great to see him getting a chance and in my opinion giving a very good account of himself.

It was not a dive and he should not have been booked. I don't know how the ref thought it was worthy of a yellow. As for Yaocbs secound yellow, just crazy.

Misses Sunderland now which is a massive game for us.

His left leg hit Lescott.  Can't really be a dive.  He may have made too much of it but I don't think it warranted a yellow.  First one was a joke.

Yes, the first one was never a yellow in my opinion. If you book all players for those kind of shirt pulls there would be no players left on the pitch by half time. To me it didn't look like It was a cynical pull back to stop play and a counter attack which is usually the type that gains a yellow. Like has been said before, I think the referee had lost it by that point and was trying to even it up. In fact on the replay, the speed with which the ref is already indicating he is going off suggests that the ref had already made his mind up on the matter without a second thought.

Edited by NeilS

I thought it simply looked like he was avoiding being destroyed by that impending tackle, but it might be that he played along with it a little. Either way, this lad has been positive for us so far and I really like that he's given more first team time.

A dive shouldn't equal an instant yellow because they aren't all out to con the ref.

What?

If you dive you are conning the ref. If you wernt forced to go down then you shouldnt be. Old fashioned I know. 

A dive shouldn't equal an instant yellow because they aren't all out to con the ref.

What?

If you dive you are conning the ref. If you wernt forced to go down then you shouldnt be. Old fashioned I know. 

Sometimes players dive or jump out of the way to avoid getting clattered. Usually though these types of 'dives' occur further away from the penalty area.

His left leg hit Lescott. Can't really be a dive. He may have made too much of it but I don't think it warranted a yellow. First one was a joke.

His left leg hit lescott because he swung it out there to hit him, by swung it out, jacks boot hit the back of lescotts calf, not lescott hitting jack

Dont know why people are trying to sugar coat it. He made sure the contact happened and took a dive.

The media can claim its clever and you have every right to go down, but I think its pathetic and cheating.

Edited by Jimzk5

What?

Sometimes players dive or jump out of the way to avoid getting clattered. Usually though these types of 'dives' occur further away from the penalty area.

Again a jump and dive are different. If you leap over a 2 footed challenge and get clipped pushing you off balance and go down then fair enough, if you leap it and then feign a fall its a dive. 

I suppose its a commentary on the state of reffing that the example there is only a foul if they go to ground when avoiding a potentially serious injury. 

I dont think Jack was about to get clattered, tackled yes, bottled it yes, evaded the challenge yes, dived yes. Unlucky to get punished in the way he did for an action that players get away with in every game. 

• Like 1

What?

Again a jump and dive are different. If you leap over a 2 footed challenge and get clipped pushing you off balance and go down then fair enough, if you leap it and then feign a fall its a dive. 

I suppose its a commentary on the state of reffing that the example there is only a foul if they go to ground when avoiding a potentially serious injury. 

I dont think Jack was about to get clattered, tackled yes, bottled it yes, evaded the challenge yes, dived yes. Unlucky to get punished in the way he did for an action that players get away with in every game. 

I'm not saying I condone it, I'm just saying players do it and I think thats what Jack did.

Honestly looked like he tried to dink the ball round and lost his balance coming out the other side whilst avoiding the challenge. Hard to judge sometimes! Only Grealish knows i suppose.

Edited by tomh621

Diving insinuates no contact... There was contact between Grealish and Lescott on the way to Jack hitting the deck...

Whether that is because Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and hit him accidently OR Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and Jack clipped him on purpose to play for the foul... The fact remains, Jack was impeded from running onwards because of a poorly timed tackle from an opposition player...

We should have had a free kick and Jack should never have been sent off...

On what planet is that not cheating?

On Earth IF Joleon Lescott cleanly tackles the ball and knocks it away instead of missing the ball altogether.

However, on Saturday, on Earth, Lescott didn't get the ball... He committed to a tackle, hit the floor, missed the ball and got the player... He didn't mean to get the player, but he got him nonetheless... He will have to work on his tackling...

Edited by DJ_Villain

A clear dive for me. lescott wouldn't have touch him if Grealish hadn't changed the angle of his foot to deliberately make contact.

Whether it was worth a booking is a different matter but a silly thing to do when you know the ref will be looking to even up a previous decision

Diving insinuates no contact... There was contact between Grealish and Lescott on the way to Jack hitting the deck...

Whether that is because Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and hit him accidently OR Lescott tackled poorly, missed the ball and Jack clipped him on purpose to play for the foul... The fact remains, Jack was impeded from running onwards because of a poorly timed tackle from an opposition player...

We should have had a free kick and Jack should never have been sent off...

On what planet is that not cheating?

On Earth IF Joleon Lescott cleanly tackles the ball and knocks it away instead of missing the ball altogether.

However, on Saturday, on Earth, Lescott didn't get the ball... He committed to a tackle, hit the floor, missed the ball and got the player... He didn't mean to get the player, but he got him nonetheless... He will have to work on his tackling...

That's just nonsense. May aswell outlaw any attempt at tackling if that's case.

Â