The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Anyone writing Jack Grealish off doesn't know anything about football (that's me being PC)

He has fantastic talent but like everyone he has to work hard. From Sherwoods words I take it he really does want to see what a player does in training day to day so as long as Jack show he has the right attitude to go with his undoubted talent Sherwood will give him game time.

Anyone writing Jack Grealish off doesn't know anything about football (that's me being PC)

He has fantastic talent but like everyone he has to work hard. From Sherwoods words I take it he really does want to see what a player does in training day to day so as long as Jack show he has the right attitude to go with his undoubted talent Sherwood will give him game time.

We haven't really seen that much of his talent when he's played, i think a loan is his best option right now where he can get regular first team football and develop his game.

We haven't really seen that much of his talent when he's played, i think a loan is his best option right now where he can get regular first team football and develop his game.

We’re in the depths of a relegation battle and have a squad that seriously lacks creativity.

Loaning out Jack at this point would be ludicrous.  

• Like 1

I have seen this undoubted talent line....many times.

Jack is a young player learning his trade and maybe a relegation fight ain't going to be good for him right now....but there are a few home truths he needs to be told.

in the first team, what bit i have seen he spends too much time on the floor....He needs to go by players not through them....and he needs that bit of devilment that gives you effect. he needs to learn how to hurt teams.

Folk need to remember Andy Gray ,John Deehan,Trevor Francis, Brian Little, Gary Shaw... were hurting teams at a young age.

That is the standard, I'm afraid.

• Like 3

Jack is a young player learning his trade and maybe a relegation fight ain't going to be good for him right now....but there are a few home truths he needs to be told.

in the first team, what bit i have seen he spends too much time on the floor....He needs to go by players not through them....and he needs that bit of devilment that gives you effect. he needs to learn how to hurt teams.

Folk need to remember Andy Gray ,John Deehan,Trevor Francis, Brian Little, Gary Shaw... were hurting teams at a young age.

Don't be afraid. The statement you made was fair.

Wouldn't it be better to find a standard that hadn't retired when Jack's dad was still in Junior school?

How about comparing him to a player who he is competing for a place with? When he was 18 Kieran Richardson had played 9 times for united and scored for them. I think it's well worth bearing in mind that there are many young English players who show an enormous amount of promise but never really live up to their potential.

From what I've seen of Jack, he definitely has the opportunity to be a very exciting player for us but at the moment it's way too early to say how his career will progress and I've not seen enough from him so far to suggest he deserves a first team spot anytime soon.

Wouldn't it be better to find a standard that hadn't retired when Jack's dad was still in Junior school?

If the academy was that good I wouldn't have to go back as far.

If the academy was that good I wouldn't have to go back as far.

blimey even our songs have to include Alan McAnally....and you talk about me.

Sherwood's history at Spurs suggests Jack will have a proper chance under him...seeing as he wasn't on the bench recently yet was restored as soon as Lambert was booted bodes well.

Not sure we'll see a lot of him in the next few weeks but IF we're safe with a game or two to go I think he'll start those.

Jack and PL may have had a bust up and hampered his chances, we don't know, Sherwood will give him game time I reckon and won't be afraid to do it provided he is showing it in training and hungry to do well, I really hope he starts to show something

Sherwood has said that young players will get a chance if they're good enough and if they show the desire and application to be a professional footballer. Now, I don't doubt Jack's ability, but I do genuinely question his desire and workrate at times.

Hopefully he works hard to get a chance, because if he doesn't, he may find himself out on loan while others get their chance.

He has said they will get a chance, but he has also said that none of that matters over the next 13 games. It's all about survival. He might see a bit more game time if we are chasing games but can't see starts.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

If anyone's not busting a gut to impress a new manager when there's a clean slate for them, you would have to be seriously concerned about their desire, especially after that new period is over.

Having been underused (in many fans, and certainly his own opinions), he must be working his bollocks off right now.

Tro usually I agree with most of what you write but you need to cut Jack a bit of slack here. I remember all those players well and loved football in the late 70's but we are 35yrs on mate football today is played at a much faster pace in fact I'd say if any of those players were starting out today they might find it a lot more difficult, talented as they were.

Jack has the talent but I agree he isn't anywhere near ready to be included week in week out but he does need to be given game time to learn what he needs to do to become the player we all want him to be. Loaning him out now wont help Villa this season but he seems to offer something different when he comes on so he may just be what we need right now.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

Sherwood's history at Spurs suggests Jack will have a proper chance under him...seeing as he wasn't on the bench recently yet was restored as soon as Lambert was booted bodes well.

Not sure we'll see a lot of him in the next few weeks but IF we're safe with a game or two to go I think he'll start those.

I can't beleive that him being on the bench on Sunday was Sherwood's choice so I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that

A relegation run-in is not the time or the place to be giving youngsters experience - if by some miracle we are safe with two or three games to go I think Sherwood will start him but until then I can see him being limited to the odd sub appereance

He's clearly got the skills required but at the moment he has not quite got the strength or robustness - that will come quite quickly though I think

He needs to be a little more patient and fans need to give him time too, rather than heap expectation on him

Tro usually I agree with most of what you write but you need to cut Jack a bit of slack here. I remember all those players well and loved football in the late 70's but we are 35yrs on mate football today is played at a much faster pace in fact I'd say if any of those players were starting out today they might find it a lot more difficult, talented as they were.

Jack has the talent but I agree he isn't anywhere near ready to be included week in week out but he does need to be given game time to learn what he needs to do to become the player we all want him to be. Loaning him out now wont help Villa this season but he seems to offer something different when he comes on so he may just be what we need right now.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

I really do want to see him succeed....I am also of the opinion there is only one place to find out...The first team.....but our predicament may work against him at present.

as for the comparisons of 35 years ago, I find that interesting.....you can only make the impact in the era that you are in.....today is different   in many ways and at the same time the same.

You cannot take a player out of one era and place him in another.....George Best may struggle, But George did what he did in the era he was in....so I think the comparison is being misconstrued.

when i talk of yesteryear, I'm talking about what those players achieved in their own era.....for me that's the same as what these players do in their OWN era.

Ps I'm just anxious to see make and impact.

Edited by TRO

Â