The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It does seem very strange how quiet the club has been on the status of his injury given he's our most important player. I noticed, journalists aren't asking Dean on his status anymore but enquire about other players - is he actually out with an injury at all?? 

The worrying thing for me is that we had heard all summer how we are still under tight constraints due to FFP but then suddenly we end up spending £7m on a new goalkeeper seemingly out of nowhere and now Grealish is out with an 'injury' that the club appear to be very quiet about as we approach the transfer window.

I'm probably just being pessimistic though.

They could and would have sold him in the summer if that was the case. The owners made it quite clear we weren't selling and there's no reason to suggest that will change. They'll know we have to build a team around him to get out of this division. A few quid right now isnt going to help that.

Jack will stay, and we'll strengthen.

Grealish isn't going anywhere. We have the third richest owners in England. I think even if Spurs offered the 40m we wanted in the summer our owners would point blank refuse.

He's recently signed a new contract and thats pocket change to our owners. Its clear for all to see how important he is to the team by the last 3 games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

I'm concerned Jack and Tuanzebe are both suddenly out with injuries as we approach the window.  it's not possible both are on the way out and smith has decided to move on.

It does beg the question.

Tuanzebe: I have a horrible feeling Man Utd will now recall due to Jose being sacked and the fact Dean Smith is also recalling Elphick and nearly signing Collins too makes you wonder.

As for Jack, it would be no suprise if Spurs did come back in for him as I was told it's likely they would again in January. All it means this time is that it won't boil on for weeks due to his minimum clause, and IF they trigger it then it's out of our hands and down to Jack this time round.

7 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

Grealish isn't going anywhere. We have the third richest owners in England. I think even if Spurs offered the 40m we wanted in the summer our owners would point blank refuse.

He's recently signed a new contract and thats pocket change to our owners. Its clear for all to see how important he is to the team by the last 3 games. 

Sorry, but you may find that our owners won't have a say this time on Jack if Spurs did trigger his minimum release clause in January or the summer.

Signing a new contract means dust mate. Review Fabian Delph.

Can't see Spurs spending anything this season if they weren't prepared to in the summer, and with the stadium running over. In fact, why would a notoriously tight club spend anything when they are doing so well? Jack will be down the list on their priorities at the moment, and one Jack Grealish signing will not sway Potchetino's mind on the Man Utd job either. IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Amed said:

It does seem very strange how quiet the club has been on the status of his injury given he's our most important player. I noticed, journalists aren't asking Dean on his status anymore but enquire about other players - is he actually out with an injury at all?? 

I am mostly concerned that I may look a twonk for so heavily criticising that random twitter site who said he's out for 2 months. 

😳

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry, but you may find that our owners won't have a say this time on Jack if Spurs did trigger his minimum release clause in January or the summer.

Well Liverpool got away with it with Suarez and Arsenal 

Eventually we will have to buy someone of Grealish's standard or better to either replace him, cover for him, or compete with him for his position.

He is the standard of player we will need in most, or all, positions, if we are to achieve anything of significance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amed said:

It was a calculated plan by Jack to get a shin injury 3/4 through the game and Tuanzebe was never really a Villa fan the clearing in the woods. Broke his own metatarsal to force a move back to his own club.

Or both Spurs bound?

ITK...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can't see Spurs spending anything this season if they weren't prepared to in the summer, and with the stadium running over. In fact, why would a notoriously tight club spend anything when they are doing so well? Jack will be down the list on their priorities at the moment, and one Jack Grealish signing will not sway Potchetino's mind on the Man Utd job either. IMHO. 

But given they are only 6pts behind 1st place I wouldn't bet against it myself.

Anything can happen in football.

Now I am not preaching here that he is off, I am just saying that if he did go, we would be getting fair whack for him. - If he did leave.

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

January ? Wheres this about him having a release clause for January ?

Fabian Delph and Jack Grealish are two very different players (Career-wise) aswell mind. 

3 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

January ? Wheres this about him having a release clause for January ?

Fabian Delph and Jack Grealish are two very different players (Career-wise) aswell mind. 

What the ****?

Lovely twist of my post though. - Go and read it again.

Have you heard of things called transfer windows, Yes?

:rolleyes:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â