The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If we are a few quid apart on money throw in Harry Winks then we'll talk.

Hasn't he been out all summer with a serious knee injury though? I doubt Spurs will loan him out as they will want to monitor his rehab.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

it'll probably be one of those annoying "undisclosed fee" jobs because Levy wont want to admit how much he eventually had to pay after lowballing us all summer

Someone was saying the other day that Spurs have to declare all their transfer dealings as they are a PLC.

I have no idea how true that is, mind. 

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If Spurs really want him, and the gap is "only" £7m, then he's gone.

Yeah it is starting to look that way, the £7m gap will quickly close up with the transfer deadline looming, this is just Spurs testing the water if true. I just hope that if he does go, we aren't backing down on our price and make them pay every last penny of the original price.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Hasn't he been out all summer with a serious knee injury though? I doubt Spurs will loan him out as they will want to monitor his rehab.

They were fine to loan us Jermaine Jenas back in the day.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

They were fine to loan us Jermaine Jenas back in the day.

Haha, they well and truely done us up like a kipper there. Add £5m to Jack's price just for that!

34 minutes ago, KSV said:

Dare i say it. He is very overrated by Villa fans. I get it.. hes one of our own.. but if we get 40 million.. weve mugged them. 

Hes a great player.. potentially to be very good.. but hes not worth that now. He has played half a good season for his boyhood club. Despite playing well.. hasnt really torn the Championship apart.. he gets fouled a lot and looks good doing it. 

I do think however.... he will improve massively at Tottenham. More players on his wave length.. probably make him look better. Grealish also hasnt had a good manager in his career.. not one who could actually improve him. I bet Pochettino will bring the best out of him and he may be worth that price tag one day. 

30-40 million.. considering hes not really proven in the Premier League over a full season or two... is superb money. Fixes our FFP and allows us to re build with Bryan McGinn Nyland Powell.. a few loans Abraham/Man City lad etc etc.

agree with the manager improving him bit but as for value i don't see why people still discuss it, its the value to the selling club not the player's ability or value to the buying club, whats promotion worth? how much of our chances of promotion rest of jack? there's the figure, anything less than £35-40m and i think spurs have mugged us

after 70 PL games and a decent world cup harry maguire is somehow valued at £85m, prices have gone stupid

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

How would the BBC know that there is a "£7m gap" between offer and acceptance?

That would mean either, or a combination of,

1/ We have told Levy what he needs to offer to get the deal done.

2/ Levy has told the BBC what he has offered and what we want.

3/ Levy has told the BBC what he has offered.

4/ We have told the BBC what we want.

5/ We have told the BBC what Levy has offered and what we actually want.

There are likely other perms I haven't covered. However, some of the Levy leaks are certainly possible but some points, such as 1/, 4/ and 5/ are extremely unlikely. It would make no sense whatsoever to tell Levy a price and there is nothing in it for us to tell the BBC a damn thing about the negotiation if we want to keep the player.

So, it's crap.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I think he's off. He didn't look himself at all (body language wise) last night.

In that case, the majority must  be leaving except Hutton.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, privateer said:

How would the BBC know that there is a "£7m gap" between offer and acceptance?

That would mean either, or a combination of,

1/ We have told Levy what he needs to offer to get the deal done.

2/ Levy has told the BBC what he has offered and what we want.

3/ Levy has told the BBC what he has offered.

4/ We have told the BBC what we want.

5/ We have told the BBC what Levy has offered and what we actually want.

There are likely other perms I haven't covered. However, some of the Levy leaks are certainly possible but some points, such as 1/, 4/ and 5/ are extremely unlikely. It would make no sense whatsoever to tell Levy a price and there is nothing in it for us to tell the BBC a damn thing about the negotiation if we want to keep the player.

So, it's crap.

Or the agent leaked it. 

41 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not sure how to post twitter links, but Ian Abrahams from talks port claiming grealish to have a medical at a London club within 24 hours...

Hahaha journalism just gets worse and worse. The 2 clubs that are rumoured to interested are Spurs and Chelsea, and the transfer window shuts on Thursday. 

To claim he will have at medical at a London club in the next 24hrs isn't exactly ground breaking. I'm just surprised that he didn't throw in the caveat of:

'Or he might decide to stay at Aston Villa'

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So looks like hes going to be having his medical then. The moose is someone itk unfortunately 

So in the know that he can only narrow it down to London. 

Â