The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Jacks been told by Southgate he needs PL 

Southgate needs to keep his nose out of this. You would think he had never played for us before he chose to leave us for the big time and the bright lights of Middlesbrough...

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Being linked to John McGinn this morning from Hibernian, from Youtube he looks like a poor mans Grealish... Does this tell us something?

Yes, that we've apparently made a bid for some chap called John McGinn who plays for Hibs.

• Haha 1

Jack looked like he thought he would have a decision to make before the transfer window slams shut last night. I'm not so sure because the manager, owners and fans want him to stay and I don't think Levy wants him enough to bid the sort of money that he would need to in order for Jack to have to ask himself "should I stay or should I go now?" The grass is not always greener and he would not have the fans so firmly behind him elsewhere. I think back to Bruce Rioch's transfer all those years ago when he left us on good terms because we didn't then look like a club that could match his ambitions in the short term at least. Jack has time on his side he can fulfil his playing ambitions with us, it might take a year or two for us to but the heights but I suspect he might regret not being along for the ride if he does choose to leave us given he gets that choice to make.

Edited by John

22 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He will be missed when he goes and he will go before we become anything like a force to be reckoned with, so would we accept £25m if Spurs bought him and loaned him back for this season? I would.

And if by some miracle we get promoted sign him back for 40 million? Levy the genius again!

He won't play enough games for Spurs so I only really see it as a money maker for them.  He will not go into the first 11 but will be an impact player off the bench.

Our owners have said he is not for sale to push the price up. We need a bidding war.

Hope he stays but can't see it.

38 minutes ago, John said:

Jack looked like he thought he would have a decision to make before the transfer window slams shut last night. I'm not so sure because the manager, owners and fans want him to stay and I don't think Levy wants him enough to bid the sort of money that he would need to in order for Jack to have to ask himself "should I stay or should I go now?" The grass is not always greener and he would not have the fans so firmly behind him elsewhere. I think back to Bruce Rioch's transfer all those years ago when he left us on good terms because we didn't then look like a club that could match his ambitions in the short term at least. Jack has time on his side he can fulfil his playing ambitions with us, it might take a year or two for us to but the heights but I suspect he might regret not being along for the ride if he does choose to leave us given he gets that choice to make.

It definitely isn't now that we have our fantastic new pitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Why not?

unnamed-2.gif?strip=all

Seen that so many times but only just realised that he took the opportunity to knee the opposition player in the back of the head. He obviously fell deliberately theatrically to make sure he wasn't booked. 

Classic Alan. Good lad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in the 'i reckon he's gone camp' and if that is the case the key thing to our season is who is going to play in his place?

There must be a plan b in place, has to be. 

I. like many others have seen our best players leave over all of the years of watching Villa, we have always recovered and indeed in some of the cases become a better unit.

Yes, Jack is good, very good, but we will still be there once he's gone. After all, as the saying goes.

''The King is dead, long live the King''

1 hour ago, Godders said:

Yes, that we've apparently made a bid for some chap called John McGinn who plays for Hibs.

I bought John McGinn in FM2016 for us... Made him captain... Lifted the FA Cup for us in 2019 ? That summer, I bought Jack Grealish back from Burnley for £50m.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the cynic in me thinks Jack wanted one more game to thank us fans before he moves on

I can see us getting Powell as his replacement, haven't seen him play but whoever comes in as his replacement is destined to fail as he is simply irreplaceable to us

9 minutes ago, Godders said:

What do you make of Bruce's comments yesterday that we haven't had a realistic offer for him yet then? 

I think Its all part of the negotiations and historically deals have always gone right up to the wire on transfer deadline day. 

I hope he stays, but i really think he's going.

Spurs are the only team in the Prem not to make a signing. Unless i have missed something i dont see them being linked with too many other players and Bruce has confirmed they are effectively in talks with Spurs.

The only difference is with the new owners being in place we can name our price, but once a players head has been turned it becomes difficult.

Levy is a cock, he could have got Jack for 10/15 mill a month ago as were were desperate. But at least if he does go now we should be getting top dollar.

12 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I think Its all part of the negotiations and historically deals have always gone right up to the wire on transfer deadline day. 

I hope he stays, but i really think he's going.

Spurs are the only team in the Prem not to make a signing. Unless i have missed something i dont see them being linked with too many other players and Bruce has confirmed they are effectively in talks with Spurs.

The only difference is with the new owners being in place we can name our price, but once a players head has been turned it becomes difficult.

Levy is a cock, he could have got Jack for 10/15 mill a month ago as were were desperate. But at least if he does go now we should be getting top dollar.

Ah OK, so you think Spurs will stump up the cash. 

Personally I'm not so sure. Levy is Levy and will hate paying the going rate. If our owners are to be taken at their word, we won't let him go for anything less than what they feel he's worth so I don't think we'll have an offer from Spurs that meets our valuation.

There may be a last minute hijack from another club, but I'm not so sure Levy will pay what we're asking. 

Edit: there's an interesting psychological aspect at play here as well. Studies have shown that people will shy away from perceived losses, even if they're not actual losses. Here, Spurs could have had him on the cheap a few weeks ago, but they held off. Fair market value now may not look like fair market value to Spurs, it may feel like they're now being stung for £15-20million. 

Edited by Godders
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

What would you do? 

Personally I’ll be gutted if he goes. 

If it were me, I'd refuse to leave. This year, anyway. 

These days there are many young players whose once promising careers have been ruined by a 'big money' move. 

Clubs with huge amounts of cash just hoover them up, sometimes just so that thier rivals don't get them first. 

Jack won't be first on the team sheet at spurs, probably not second whatever he's been told. Do you think he'll play in front of Ali etc? 

If it were me, I'd stay at villa, sign a new deal. 

I'd still be on circa 50k a week with villa, so not exactly skint. 

Then i'd do my best to help villa get promoted this year ;and if we do then the picture looks different next season and I'd expect another pay rise and new deal. 

England don't have a tournament for, 2 years, so it wont be a problem to play in the championship for this year, then move to PL for a year to get selected ; Southgate won't ignore him if he has a stellar year in the championship. 

Id see how it pans out this year, if the owners spend more now, and in Jan. 

If we don't make promotion this season, I'd look to leave next, after signing a new deal and earning a higher bid for villa

Would you rather your career fizzle out at spurs, or become a hero at villa. 

Every game villa play the fans sing McGrath's name ; he hasnt played for us for years. 

Legend or another few quid? You decide! 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Being linked to John McGinn this morning from Hibernian, from Youtube he looks like a poor mans Grealish... Does this tell us something?

one of the spurs forums has a thread should they buy grealish for mega bucks or take the cheaper option in McGinn, theres a fair few spurs fans who would rather take McGinn

Â