The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and I say I think there is legs to this. Logically he is a footballer he will want to earn more and play at a higher level.

He's still 22 though. And havent even played a proper season down there. He could still work more in himself and play in a higher level.

40 minutes ago, John said:

Nice thought, but it's highly unlikely to happen in the short term. For now, I would be offering Jack a new contract on improved terms to reward his loyalty with an agreement that we wouldn't stand in his way in 12 month's time if he then wanted to go and a mutually agreed transfer release clause was activated by another club.

I think I got carried a bit, but definitly if Kodjia was going to get sold we should do something replacing him. 

I agree about the Grealish new contract, thats a must. But nothing less than 45-50m regarding the release clause ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and I say I think there is legs to this. Logically he is a footballer he will want to earn more and play at a higher level.

I think it was a move he was forced to think about because of our financial issues. Now I am sure he weighed up the pros and cons, but I can't imagine he came up with many cons when all was said and done.

It's easy for Jack to say he wants to stay when he's being forced out. I can actually see him forcing the move now. I imagine over the past few weeks he's got it into his head that he will be playing for Spurs, and now that the idea could be taken away from him, he probably wants it even more.

• Like 2

If he still wants to stay and we can do that with FFP then we should offer him a new contract bringing him upto 40-50k... a lot of money but he is now worth it.

Also put a clause in the contract that he can leave at the end of the season if he wishes if we aren't promoted.

Our promotion hopes are massively improved with Jack in the side, and I think if we can keep hold of both Grealish & Kodjia we could see something special next season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If he still wants to stay and we can do that with FFP then we should offer him a new contract bringing him upto 40-50k... a lot of money but he is now worth it.

Also put a clause in the contract that he can leave at the end of the season if he wishes if we aren't promoted.

Our promotion hopes are massively improved with Jack in the side, and I think if we can keep hold of both Grealish & Kodjia we could see something special next season.

This would have the added effect of weakening Spurs planned capture of him, as they wont want to give him those wages.

I understand why he'd want to go—Champions League, good team, a shot at an England chance. I want him to stay but can't really see many advantages for Jack other than he gets a year more to develop playing regularly, which may not immediately happen at Spurs. 

31 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We are a championship side in serious ffp breaches. We can't do that. We need to stop thinking like a premier league club.we are no longer one at present.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We are a championship side in serious ffp breaches. We can't do that. We need to stop thinking like a premier league club.we are no longer one at present.

A wage increase of 20-30k won't affect ffp by that much. Especially considering the downside.

12 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I understand why he'd want to go—Champions League, good team, a shot at an England chance. I want him to stay but can't really see many advantages for Jack other than he gets a year more to develop playing regularly, which may not immediately happen at Spurs. 

I think he will get far more slack cut with us than at White Hart Lane.

Levy is a predator, he will have no qualms in dumping Jack if he fails or has a blip in his form....jack will be a small fish in a big pond as opposed to a big fish in a relatively small pond for now.

Laughably.....Our club to anyone with an ounce of Nous and financial backing, is there for take off......despite all the misery of last season, we have improved as a unit, particularly if we can hang on to our best players, sure we have lost a couple of loans, but there is something there in the squad not like the sinking ship, when SB took over.

We still are a big club, just been badly run and funded by a man whose finances are in very much doubt......that may now be behind us and the complexion of Villa could be very much different in the next 6 months or so.

Jack and his dad,will be weighing all this up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

I think it was a move he was forced to think about because of our financial issues. Now I am sure he weighed up the pros and cons, but I can't imagine he came up with many cons when all was said and done.

I agree.

I think he embraced the inevitable as all positive people would.

Now ,its a whole new ball game ( pardon the pun)

ps I hope we are never again in this position.....but it has highlighted to the current fan base how reckless spending and mismanagement is folly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we can get around FFP to an extent, bringing down the 40 million to say 20 million and then offload a few fringe players then we will be in a position to offer contracts and bring in cheap, free, loan players.

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why the f*ck would he think he can learn more from Pochettino than Bruce?

Well, i think it is rather obvious. How many promotions from the Championship has Pochettino achieved? None! that's how many. Bruce has 4. Bruce is therefore BY FAR the better manager. 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Nigel said:

A wage increase of 20-30k won't affect ffp by that much. Especially considering the downside.

It will massively if the 40m hole is true. We can't afford to increase our debts wven more before addressing the main issue here.

20 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If we can get around FFP to an extent, bringing down the 40 million to say 20 million and then offload a few fringe players then we will be in a position to offer contracts and bring in cheap, free, loan players.

Possibly but how do we do that? Sell kodjia and chester? No one else in the squad is worth as much. Possibly adomah but no one else comes close.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

This is going to drag and drag.  There is no way Levy is going to dive straight in with an acceptable offer.

Hopefully dangling a new contract in front of Jack might clear up the situation faster. Unlikely though. But we live in hope. 

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It will massively if the 40m hole is true. We can't afford to increase our debts wven more before addressing the main issue here.

Possibly but how do we do that? Sell kodjia and chester? No one else in the squad is worth as much. Possibly adomah but no one else comes close.

We have players we can sell.

Jedinak or Whelan, one or two of our 4 right backs, Gardner

Then there are players who we could sell if we are able to get replacements in. For example if we were able to sell Bjarnason for 5 million knowing that there is a replacement lined up for him for 2 million then its worth doing. Sell Taylor and loan a left back with an option to buy next season etc. etc.

Add to that the Traore money which we will hopefully be receiving, plus the Gil money which I believe hasn't come in yet

• Like 1

Â