The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Saying a player is too good for us just sounds like giving up to me. Like we’re holding him back and that staying with us would be akin to charity. You probably didn’t mean it like that excactly, but any notion of him deserving to leave and being too good really doesn’t sit right with me right now. We’re much better than that, and who’s to say how good we’d be this season if he chose to stay? 

But we literally are holding him back. It hurts to say it but it's true. If he'd moved last summer he'd be a champions league player, he'd probably be nailed on in the England squad and he'd probably have a trophy or two to his name already.

I love that he didn't leave last summer and I'm dying for him to stay this summer. but holding him back is exactly what we're doing.

And I agree we'd be much better this season with him here. But we are still an absolute mile away from Man City. He's 26, he wants to play at the very top. And now he will.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's all being set up for "he wasn't actually all that good at Villa, but look how great Man City have made him"

Conversely, the narrative is Grealish will have to justify the transfer fee and all the hype and can he handle the pressure? This will all be new to him. 

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

What?

Moving to a company in shithole of a city filled with people who have ridiculous accents?

I fail to see what positive there are other than being able to say that you were part of the “Company of the year”

Is this Manchester or Brum in the analogy haha

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If City win the league will we have to watch Jack lift the trophy at VP on the final day? 🤢

fortunately the final game of the season is at their place

Jack gets unveiled late this afternoon, wearing a city shirt, appearing at a press conference with Pep.

He takes a few questions, talks about how happy he is to be there, when suddenly..

Tom Cruise Mask GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It's Alan Hutton, and he jumps in for a late two-footer on the bald fraud. The crowd goes wild.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, none of those being " off " would hurt like Jack anyway.

Obviously love all our players, but it's just not the same.

Yeah I agree. To be honest even this one (Grealish) doesn’t bother me as much as it should. Just part of modern day football I’m afraid.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can people not change their mind?

Is it not possible that in an interview when he's just signed a new contract that he did think his future was at Villa?

12 months later after he's had a great season, a good Euros, become THE superstar of English football, and has one of the best clubs and managers in the world wanting to sign him for a record transfer on huge wages to play with some of the best players in the world, including his idol in KDB... is it not possible that that could change somebody's mind?

I'll never cease to be amazed at the narrow mindedness of Villa fans. As if we have a gods given right to keep every player we want to keep just because we're villa.

We're a midtable club. Our best players get sold. It happens. Get over it

You can change your car, your house, even your wife, but never your football club. 

I’ve never got overly attached to a player while they’re still playing, for obvious reasons. The problem that me and many of my fellow mindless Villa fans is, he put his head above the parapet and played the fan card.

Few, if any of us will or have ever been good enough to play professional football. But being a fan is our territory, our chance to live the dream, to share the glory. It’s not always particularly logical or sensible but it’s ours. For reality we go to work, pay our bills, do the mundane and probably struggle with various aspects of life from time to time. So if you like sneer away at us mindless Villa fans but don’t expect me to judge or compare a multimillionaire super star with the rest of us mere mortals. Equally he can’t jump on my bandwagon but jump off when it suits him and expect to be judged the same as the rest of us. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

What?

Moving to a company in shithole of a city filled with people who have ridiculous accents?

I fail to see what positive there are other than being able to say that you were part of the “Company of the year”

Well to stick to your analogy, the new company contains some of the best workers in the world at the job, including your idol who you based your entire career around emulating. The company regularly win all of the awards which you are a direct part of. The company is run by one of the best bosses of all time, with top notch facilities. The new company also has loads of those fans that the old company has. And yes, they're giving you a huge pay rise.

• Thanks 1

I feel for all the littl’uns who have just all had their new home and away Grealish shirts completely shat on and had their summer holiday slightly ruined (and also for the parents spending the money on the shirts).

Im gutted he’s going, just wish he hadn’t done a delph this time last year. He isn’t a club legend at this point no matter what anyone says, he has come close but hasn’t done enough to solidify that legacy, he could have been one but will now forever be a ‘what if’. 

Said it before, I won’t boo but I won’t cheer him whenever he makes a return to VP. I also hope the club don’t fawn over him when he goes, a simple one sentence ‘WWE future endeavoured’ style quote is all that’s needed.

Oh well, 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You conveniently leave all the good things about moving to that new company out of your analogy 

There are no good things when, as previously mentioned, the new company is in direct competition with the company you love, adore and grew up worshipping… and will be competing against them twice a year…

He will be contractually obliged to try to hurt the company that he professes to love

When I left my old job I loved, I moved abroad…

See… I took the Mellberg route…

Then again… I’m in good company that isn’t morally bankrupt like Grealish, Barry, Yorke or Milner 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Jack gets unveiled late this afternoon, wearing a city shirt, appearing at a press conference with Pep.

He takes a few questions, talks about how happy he is to be there, when suddenly..

Tom Cruise Mask GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It's Alan Hutton, and he jumps in for a late two-footer on the bald fraud. The crowd goes wild.

I thought all of this sounded remarkably plausible. And then I read the last sentence and remembered this would be happening at the Etihad 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

One of the greatest days in BCFC history 

Until we spend £26.50 off the £100m to buy small heath and then turn it into a landfill site. 

Just now, DJ_Villain said:

There are no good things when, as previously mentioned, the new company is in direct competition with the company you love, adore and grew up worshipping… and will be competing against them twice a year…

He will be contractually obliged to try to hurt the company that he professes to love

When I left my old job I loved, I moved abroad…

See… I took the Mellberg route…

Then again… I’m in good company that isn’t morally bankrupt like Grealish, Barry, Yorke or Milner 

Haha ok mate

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's all being set up for "he wasn't actually all that good at Villa, but look how great Man City have made him"

I think he will actually get less exposure because there are other top players around him.  For Villa pretty much every headline of post match analysis was around how good Jack is. He won’t get that any more. He’s just another player. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

But we literally are holding him back. It hurts to say it but it's true. If he'd moved last summer he'd be a champions league player, he'd probably be nailed on in the England squad and he'd probably have a trophy or two to his name already.

I love that he didn't leave last summer and I'm dying for him to stay this summer. but holding him back is exactly what we're doing.

And I agree we'd be much better this season with him here. But we are still an absolute mile away from Man City. He's 26, he wants to play at the very top. And now he will.

Completely agree. I fully understand his reasons for moving. Still going to boo the little shit to the high heavens when he's back at VP though.

I bet he's insufferable to play against, Christ. 

Â