The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

One thing I’ve been very impressed with, as a club we’ve been so professional in our handling of all this. Can you imagine Dr Tony and all his emojis? 

Be truthful, we all miss it a bit 😁

• Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If he signs a bumper contract it’s going to make other top players pay attention and consider Villa an option as it will become well known we can compete with the big clubs in the wages department. 

It's all about money though now, we must drastically improve our turnover over to catch the scum, the rules inplace to protect the scums elite status makes it nigh on impossible to get close and stay there, our only hope is to nick the odd trophy from them until the rules makes it a fair playing field.

45 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

One thing I don’t understand is why would he be asked to do what is essentially a pointless training session if he was nailed on to leave?

Also which I'm not sure if been said wasn't he meant to return to training tuesday. If so 2 days early seems pointless if he's out the door.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

If he signs a bumper contract it’s going to make other top players pay attention and consider Villa an option as it will become well known we can compete with the big clubs in the wages department. 

And by Villa showing their muscle in the transfer market yet again. Bidding for the best players at other clubs, breaking the club’s transfer record. Signing the best young talent. It’s a forward-thinking club. And keeping Grealish adds value to that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don’t think the club would parade him around in villa clobber, in what was clearly a public venue, if he was about to sign for another club. 

Not that I disagree with you but that's exactly what Delph did...

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don’t think the club would parade him around in villa clobber, in what was clearly a public venue, if he was about to sign for another club. 

I have to agree mate it seems absolutely insane to do that.

Only thing maybe is he was saying goodbye, but still I'd say he's staying.

Quick question, have the press ever stated that they expect a club to accept an offer before, rather than waiting for an official response? I don't remember ever hearing them say that before and it seems so disrespectful to the club (no surprise there).

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeypuzzle said:

Quick question, have the press ever stated that they expect a club to accept an offer before, rather than waiting for an official response? I don't remember ever hearing them say that before and it seems so disrespectful to the club (no surprise there).

To me I think 100mil offer the press have made the assumption WE WILL ACCEPT.

Something about how this deal has been presented doesn't make sense.   

Nobody has outright said Jack wants to go. 

Time frame, most reports say the deal needs to be concluded quickly but why is my question?

£100m no doubt if not a release clause then a gentlemans Agreement with Jack. 

Man City's media leaks seemed to be determined not to allow Jack to return to the club.

Jack's injuries also play a part for me,  he's missed 3 months off each of the last seasons nearly, goes to Man City and he can certainly manage his work load but he's a fool to think he'd be the same player.  Pep won't allow him to be. 

I have no idea if he stays but i hope he does, this is the best Villa side he's ever played in. Will only get stronger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

With claret and blue glasses off, it's a mid table side being offered the domestic record fee. It's not surprising non villa people would expect it to be accepted. 

• Like 2

Â