The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Realistically he will never get Champions League football at Villa.

We are absolute miles behind City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United. And are not likely catching them the next 10 years.

I think he is fully aware of this so if he choose to stay I'll respect the hell out of him, because it's not the "modern" thing to do.

Absolute rubbish. The owners aim is exactly that and I certainly believe we will get there quicker than we would imagine. Of course it can be done

and easily within Grealishs career. If you can't see what is being achieved here in such a short period of time then you have no understanding

of our owners

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Moyes and Rodgers have made a pretty good stab at it last season and without the level of resources of that lot, so why not?

Can't remember what tweet or forum comment I read but was non Villa and said Moyes always has a good first season at new club then the wheels fall off 

Also they've both had stupid money. No one wanted to sign Bowen bar West Ham on his crazy 80k wage demands

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can't price bad publicity and being held up as seemingly treating fans badly. 

Oh no. I'm sure the club would refund.

What I mean is I don't think shirt sales with Grealish printed on have any bearing on him staying or going.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't remember what tweet or forum comment I read but was non Villa and said Moyes always has a good first season at new club then the wheels fall off 

Didn’t have a good first season at United or Sociedad, or Sunderland.

Spent what, ten years at Everton with seasons finishing up and down.

I think you’re poorly informed on this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Should the worse happen - the cost of shirt refunds would be totally insignificant. 

People having Grealish printed on their shirts has no bearing on him staying or going.

We're on a feelgood high, have improved year-on-year, with owners and a CEO that seem to understand how important that goodwill is. They also seem to be up there with the savviest board in the league, unlike in seasons gone by.

One would think that the PR disaster of making Jack our focal-point of the kit launch, along with the heavy promotion of his shirt in the club shop could've been mitigated if the club thought he was leaving. 

They could've launched the kit, but delayed when it went to match the away shirt. Or had a launch using the players that were not away on international duty, so as to not highlight Jack alone being missing from the promotional material - or simply use models in lieu of any players.

We can't take it as read, but they will be aware of the damage of using his profile plastered on the side of Villa Park, in the kit video (especially with his quotes), and in the clubs shop, etc.. to sell shirts and season tickets, if they thought he was off. 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Didn’t have a good first season at United or Sociedad, or Sunderland.

Spent what, ten years at Everton with seasons finishing up and down.

I think you’re poorly informed on this.

He had best record at Manure than several managers that came after him but was living under shadow of Sir Chewalot

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Absolute rubbish. The owners aim is exactly that and I certainly believe we will get there quicker than we would imagine. Of course it can be done

and easily within Grealishs career. If you can't see what is being achieved here in such a short period of time then you have no understanding

of our owners

The owners I'm sure have that aim. But it's incredibly difficult. You have to look at how few outside the established big 6 have made the CL in recent years.

10 years is a very long time and who know knows what good and bad fortune awaits clubs in those years 

Looking in the immediate future say the next 3 seasons - I really don't see us as CL contenders.

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

We're on a feelgood high, have improved year-on-year, with owners and a CEO that seem to understand how important that goodwill is. They also seem to be up there with the savviest board in the league, unlike in seasons gone by.

One would think that the PR disaster of making Jack our focal-point of the kit launch, along with the heavy promotion of his shirt in the club shop could've been mitigated if the club thought he was leaving. 

They could've launched the kit, but delayed when it went to match the away shirt. Or had a launch using the players that were not away on international duty, so as to not highlight Jack alone being missing from the promotional material - or simply use models in lieu of any players.

We can't take it as read, but they will be aware of the damage of using his profile plastered on the side of Villa Park, in the kit video (especially with his quotes), and in the clubs shop, etc.. to sell shirts and season tickets, if they thought he was off. 

You plan for the positive though. You can't exclude Jack from our kit launch - through fear he maybe sold.

Right now he is our asset and the club are quite rightly using him as such. 

We will deal with a big bid from Man City if and when it materialises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The owners I'm sure have that aim. But it's incredibly difficult. You have to look at how few outside the established big 6 have made the CL in recent years.

10 years is a very long time and who know knows what good and bad fortune awaits clubs in those years 

Looking in the immediate future say the next 3 seasons - I really don't see us as CL contenders.

You're probably right, but winning a domestic trophy and /or getting in to Europe via the Leaugue - and consolidating on that by getting into Europe again , gives you the platform to bring in players of a higher profile. Couple that with the further development of players like Konsa, Luiz (only just turned 23), Buendia, Watkins to go along with genuine class like Jack and Emi, gives us some of the platform required.

We're stable for the first time in a long time. We also have a seriously impressive recruitment strategy of youth players. It's a huge target, but one I'm sure our board have set.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

You plan for the positive though. You can't exclude Jack from our kit launch - through fear he maybe sold.

But it's us as fans that fear whether he'll be sold. The owners and directors won't fear it, as they're the ones that decide whether he's sold. They'll know already.

Man City can't just buy him - the club have a agree to sell him, and that part is in our control. Therefore, the club would know the narrative to take into things such as the kit launch. 

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well, yes you can, and they did last season! 

Here's a down to earth City fan, they do still exist but their numbers are dwindling...

Us older supporters remember Villa being contenders at the top level and, before our last decade of unprecedented success, we all had the humility to acknowledge Villa’s notable history and huge regional support.

In fact us older supporters can often feel embarrassed by some of the rag like billy big bollocks gloating that some of our younger support have started to adopt since the onset of our recent successes.

It’s the same childish bragging that made decent supporters hate the rags and the dippers and I’d like to think we have the dignity to call it for what it is and reign it in whenever it rears it’s ugly head.

Why do they call Man United 'the rags'?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Here's a down to earth City fan, they do still exist but their numbers are dwindling...

Why do they call Man United 'the rags'?

I might be wrong but sure it's shortened from, well a minging fanny rag

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

God this is tragic. Absolutely tragic to the point of embarrassment. 

He doesn't even acknowledge that Foden (who would ironically be the person most likely to provide competition to Jack) exists in the entire video. 

Today I learned ignoring someone doesn't stop them appearing when they are quoted. Shame

Also I feel so so stupid every time I click on a news story about Grealish being transferred. They are such drivel and shameless bet hedging. Like today Sky Sports said that Grealish is reconsidering Man City move. Does that mean he wanted to go to Man City, but maybe not anymore, or does it mean that he had decided to stay, but now he's reconsidering maybe going to Man City because his head is turned.

The answer is Yes. Both of those things, and neither. And I clicked on the article. So I'm the idiot.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

God this is tragic. Absolutely tragic to the point of embarrassment. 

He doesn't even acknowledge that Foden (who would ironically be the person most likely to provide competition to Jack) exists in the entire video. 

usually Tifo is a lot better but I am not so keen on this new host, he is just awkward on camera

Just now, Zatman said:

usually Tifo is a lot better but I am not so keen on this new host, he is just awkward on camera

I was referring to the fact that his actual content is shocking to the point of ignorant, but your observations as to his presenting skills just further compound this tbh.

Â