The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

As an England fan I am delighted that we are in a major semi,  as a Villa fan I am gutted because I’ve been waiting all of my life for one of our players to be that special to star and shine in one of these Championships, I feel that this opportunity has been taken away from me somewhat 

I get this mate but I also think if he starred his commercial appeal would have meant he’d leave us. I think him not starting is good for Villa.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get this mate but I also think if starred his commercial appeal would have meant he’d leave us. I think him not starting is good for Villa.

Good point, As long as I’m not redecorating my lads walls come August or September I will be a happy fella 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

As an England fan I am delighted that we are in a major semi,  as a Villa fan I am gutted because I’ve been waiting all of my life for one of our players to be that special to star and shine in one of these Championships, I feel that this opportunity has been taken away from me somewhat 

This is a crazy viewpoint. When a player represents their national team, who pays their wages means absolutely nothing. If Grealish scores the winner in the final, it isnt a victory for Aston Villa, it's a victory for England.

It's no different to West Ham fans trying to say they "won the World Cup". It's cringey and small time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not saying he should start after tonight, after today's win I think Southgate would be well within his rights to start the next game with the same team. My point is that Grealish should have been involved way more than he has been not just in this tournament but going further back. Also worth pointing out that if it wasn't for Grealish there's a strong chance that England wouldn't even have got this far.

It would surprise me if Jack starts another game in the tournament.

He will get on if England find themselves in a hole and need a goal or two 

You missed this beauty all of 7 years ago?

Aston Villa Fighting GIF by AZ Alkmaar

Platt was also great for England in World cup 1990 although probably most of us were too young to see that live. He left soon after anyway so it's not always a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I totally get what you’re saying and I kind of feel the same BUT c’mon, let’s just enjoy it. How would you feel if you failed to celebrate an England win cos JG didn’t get picked and then he f**ked off to City a fortnight later anyway? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Platt was also great for England in World cup 1990 although probably most of us were too young to see that live. He left soon after anyway so it's not always a good thing.

Hey, Ron Vlarr ! Long time.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So **** what? And why’s it a bad thing for Villa? If it’s the he needs to play for a big club line then why is  Foden not playing after being one of City’s best players? 

Give it a rest man.

Lol, you seem to have some issues with differential opinions. Perhaps it's time to go to bed now!? He gave Jack a hug after the game, I'm sure that will have meant the world to him. It's not like these players want to play or anything. They're just happy to make up the numbers. Lol. And fwiw Foden is equally undeserving of a place on the bench. 

Edited by vreitti

I'll be glad when the whole thing is over, get fed up of hearing about Southgate and the whole Grealish thing, same with when England have friendlies. Looking forward to pre-season now (i'm not taking part, I mean seeing who we sign, sell, and how we get on in the friendlies in preperation for the new season) which will hopefully see Grealish sign a new deal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thank you!! The fact our own fans don’t get how much of a bad thing for the club is is if Grealish stars amazes me! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I was in a bar in Gran Canaria when some obnoxious  clearing in the woods of a Manc was telling me that  Platty was the new Brian Robson just before he scored that screamer

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thank you!! The fact our own fans don’t get how much of a bad thing for the club is is if Grealish stars amazes me! 

I'd love him to be a major star of euro 2021...however rival fans (and not just those in UK) will be squinting at league table and wondering what player this good plays for a team that finished bottom half in the league.

Puts pressure on us to get even better very quickly rather than just sticking around 10th-11th next season which you get from a few on here. That won't be getting Jack signing a new deal anytime soon given the company he is now keeping, isn't his best mate Ben Chilwell? That is a concern him telling him every day how much better it is at Chelsea compared to Leicester and Leicester were top 6 team in his final season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not saying he should start after tonight, after today's win I think Southgate would be well within his rights to start the next game with the same team. My point is that Grealish should have been involved way more than he has been not just in this tournament but going further back. Also worth pointing out that if it wasn't for Grealish there's a strong chance that England wouldn't even have got this far.

Hasn’t he got shin problems he’s still nursing through the tournament?

I’d be very unhappy if he was overplayed returning from injury and missed the start of our season. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I'd love him to be a major star of euro 2021...however rival fans (and not just those in UK) will be squinting at league table and wondering what player this good plays for a team that finished bottom half in the league.

Puts pressure on us to get even better very quickly rather than just sticking around 10th-11th next season which you get from a few on here. That won't be getting Jack signing a new deal anytime soon given the company he is now keeping, isn't his best mate Ben Chilwell? That is a concern him telling him every day how much better it is at Chelsea compared to Leicester and Leicester were top 6 team in his final season.

Also If he becomes a star on the world stage he sells more shirts. So if we demand 150 million for him, City will pay it.  

I was in a bar in Gran Canaria when some obnoxious  clearing in the woods of a Manc was telling me that  Platty was the new Brian Robson just before he scored that screamer

Just checked and we had 3 players in the 2010 world cup squad. Heskey and Milner both started first game while Warnock was unused sub. Heskey and Warnock just became expensive wastes of time straight after and Milner left us two months later. Thought Ashley Young made the squad aswell but he didn't.

Barry also started playing up and wanting to leave once he started a few games for England.

Southgate also put in a transfer request just before euro 2000 started IIRC. S

We don't have a great record keeping key players once they become regulars for England tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

People getting pissy and not enjoying tonight’s wins is a ridicules. Just because Jack didn’t play.  It’s as ridicules as Blues fans not enjoying the German win because Jack had a hand in the goals.   

cray GIF

I don’t even support England and i’m pissed off with our own fans for making a great day for England all about Jack not playing. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Such a good point by villalad21. God i must be happy to be agreeing with him ;)

At villa Grealish is the main man, the go to guy and rightly so as our form showed when he was injured. In the top 4 English clubs or the European elite that won't be the case and that's why they are up there and we are not. Yet. 

But you're missing my point there's a difference between a successful club and a big club. And, we are, without doubt a big club, and always have been, and always will be. Fact. 

Â