The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He’s clearly being managed because they know he can’t do 90 or 120 min at the intensity required due to the shin injury. Southgate pretty much said that in the post Germany interview.

Let’s dispense with the anti-Southgate hysteria safe in the knowledge that if England need creativity the first person they’re going to bring on is Jack.

I agree with this and it's not totally surprising given his lack of time on the pitch during the backend of last season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

If he isn't fit enough to start then he's better off constantly coming on to save the day, rather than being run ragged for 60 mins and people clamouring for Foden or Sterling instead of him. 

The clamour is for Jack and if he can't play an hour then he's better off playing the final 30 mins when everyone is tired and being the hero.

I want him to start but if it's true that he and his shins can't handle it. It's better for him (and for Villa!) That he doesn't.

Yes people need to give Southgate some credit. He talks about many facets of the game very articulately. he is certainly not an idiot or stupid. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Traore and Sterling are very different though. Traore is infuriating in many ways, but he's actually a clever player for the most part, and technically very strong, which Sterling is not.

Sterling has had a decent tournament, he'll never be my type of player because I'd never trust him in crucial moments and I don't like his technique, but he has contributed.

I honestly don't think they are fundametally although they are stylistically different. I think the only real difference is that Traore's magical moments are elite but they really are few and far between whilst Sterling is more industrious. Its very rare that I think Traore has a good game when he doesn't score or assist and I think the same could be said of Sterling. 

I think Traore is better on the ball but Sterling's positioning is better. 

If Sterling could just learn to pass to the first option more often he'd probably score more himself because he's getting in some nice scoring positions. But when he tries to dribble too far he ends up running out of space too often. 

I don't watch City enough to comment on Stirling outside of this tournament. 

22 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He’s clearly being managed because they know he can’t do 90 or 120 min at the intensity required due to the shin injury. Southgate pretty much said that in the post Germany interview.

Let’s dispense with the anti-Southgate hysteria safe in the knowledge that if England need creativity the first person they’re going to bring on is Jack.

He started our last 2 games, played the two friendly games. There is no intensity in these games outside of the Germany match so far, the other teams are are the equivalent to bottom half Premier League fodder. It's more of a challenge playing Burnley.

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes people need to give Southgate some credit. He talks about many facets of the game very articulately. he is certainly not an idiot or stupid

Do you have any evidence to substantiate this?

34 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He started our last 2 games, played the two friendly games. There is no intensity in these games outside of the Germany match so far, the other teams are are the equivalent to bottom half Premier League fodder. It's more of a challenge playing Burnley.

To be honest this is what I was thinking. I think Jack is perfectly capable of starting and playing at least 60 mins but Southgate will probably stick to his formula. I hope he gets at least 30 mins from the bench though. 

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't buy this "he's just being managed because of his injury" thing. If that were the case, why did he start in both of the meaningless friendlies and start against the Czech Republican when we'd already qualified?

It is a lie, or people trying to defend Southgate and clutching at straws. 

The real reason is Southgate thinks the winning formula is to play defensive counter attack hoof ball until the opposition get bored and start coming forward, at which point you bring on whoever of your wealth of forward options on the bench to take advantage of it.  Seems to be working,  but boy is it dull

• Like 2

How pissed off will some of you be if England actually keep winning, and win the competetion?

" But we could have won it morer with Jack starting every game... who cares if his shins got destroyed and he misses half a Villa season?" 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I think there is more player power then what's let on, a clique of Southgates a-team, holding Jack back a little out of jealousy. They all have their own selfish agendas, Henderson is the prime example, grabbing the ball off DCL just so he can have a goal on his record, scum move that made him look like a *****. I think there is quite a bit of this but no one will obviously speak out as that would be it for them. 

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

This is absolute bollocks. You’re saying that meaningless Prem games with nothing riding on them and meaningless friendlies are played at the same intensity as a quarter final knock out game in an international championship?

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think Traore is better on the ball but Sterling's positioning is better. 

If Sterling could just learn to pass to the first option more often he'd probably score more himself because he's getting in some nice scoring positions. But when he tries to dribble too far he ends up running out of space too often. 

I don't watch City enough to comment on Stirling outside of this tournament. 

I would say sterling's positioning, movement and work rate are all better 

Decision making for both of them is poor

On the ball Bertie can be both better or worse depending on the stars or whatever unexplainable thing that controls him 

• Like 1

He is absolutely the world class playmaker in that England squad. If Southgate wants him on the bench again, against a side that will sit in and likely frustrate us for long periods, thats his call. I actually trust him a lot more after the Germany game and his comments after. A lot of top players arent seeing any game time, and it is hard to keep them all happy. We’re winning, and if its deadlock after 65 mins then no doubt Jack will come on and change the game. Lets see if he’s trusted in the semis/final. The whole world know now that our captain is the MVP. I think a lot of us feel vindicated now in our praise of Jack since way way back. We were right, they were wrong lol. The fact is we should have more than enough to dispose if Ukraine without Jack, therefore happy days; we’ll have back2back semi finals..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't buy this "he's just being managed because of his injury" thing. If that were the case, why did he start in both of the meaningless friendlies and start against the Czech Republican when we'd already qualified?

Maybe because they were all meaningless less games played at a Low intensity where Southgate knew he wouldn’t be needed in the final 20 min. 

This is basically comparing someone playing in the league cup v a championship team versus a champions league knock out game. 

10 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Maybe because they were all meaningless less games played at a Low intensity where Southgate knew he wouldn’t be needed in the final 20 min. 

This is basically comparing someone playing in the league cup v a championship team versus a champions league knock out game. 

Jack's still running around. His shins still carry the same weight on them. He still got hacked to s#!% in those games. There is injury management going on, but that isn't the reason he isn't starting.

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Jack's still running around. His shins still carry the same weight on them. He still got hacked to s#!% in those games. There is injury management going on, but that isn't the reason he isn't starting.

But that’s exactly the point. If he’s running at 70/80% in bullshit games that’s completely different to running at 100% and potentially picking up an injury that rules him out of the tournament.

A little info he is defo on the bench that bandage round his hand is because he has broken thumb.  The Germany game he was pulled on that hand and its swelled up again.  Also protecting his longer term injury too!  

I am Southgates biggest critic but he is just protecting our player so I am pacified to why he does not start.

Look at Jack and his childhood sweetheart here, look so young in top pic.

So here's the reason for so many quick signings to the female team, see our Jack is a lurer and half, proper Bait in all directions.

Thanks to the Euros, women across the nation have become obsessed with Aston Villa star Jack Grealish. But unfortunately, he’s actually taken.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/03/jack-grealish-girlfriend/

Â