The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

49 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Just read the comments on a clickbait article about Jack leaving. One comment said his assist and goals record was poor and another criticised his temperament 😂😂

Taking the major part of their UK careers, guys who ran with the ball, similar to Jack.

Ginola, a goal every 8 1/2 games

Anderton a goal every 8 games

Waddle a goal every 5 games.

Grealish a goal every 9 games.

Into the mix you’d add Jacks played against some easier opposition, but on the other hand been in a much poorer side.

Also Anderton And Waddle were over 400 games, so depending how you see it Jack can either improve or get worse in his next 300.

My point is those 3 were regarded by many as being at or near the best of their type, and Jacks record isn’t so different as to make comments like “ doesn’t score enough” legitimate, in my view.

• Like 1

Just on the "output" question. 

Interesting to look at this and notice his output pre and post Bruce. Quite a marked difference. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/113069/Fixtures/Jack-Grealish

On the England thing, its actually painful watching us and knowing how well he would fit into the team. Every game I watch Delli Alli play for England he gives the ball away almost constantly and rarely adds anything to the team, starting to think I'm the only one who can see it. 

Southgate has picked several players already from the Championship so I don't know why he sees picking Jack as such a big thing. 

• Like 1

There will be a bidding war for Grealish this summer and jack will leave. The top five especially will be interested then some mid table clubs will join in from the premier.

If Grealish is certain to leave then let the bidding wars begin, the better the price for us. Jack will be missed big time in our side, the sale of Him could ease FFP and bring in a good amount of decent players to replace the ones that leave come summer.

Will be a sad day seeing Jack go, and as much as i dont want him to I do think that we have become to reliant on him. Although recent signings indicate a change in the right direction it is still going to take some time building a squad that doesnt revolved around a select few who constantly shine. Mings and Hause are good signs that we can at least now find some decent signings the right way, hopefully guilbert will also be an ace for us when he starts playing. The only signing which is questionable is Carroll, and at the moment it's a mystery to what's fully going on with him, hope when he does start playing, I hope we see a very good player.

Come summer I think we will see a few youths come through and make use of our own lads more which is a cheaper way to fill a team. I am confident anyway that Smith can bring a squad to life next season and the right moves will be made. Not long now till next season's plans start unfolding, some months away and we will find out if we are going to keep Jack and Mcginn, whether we can fully sign Mings and Tammy, there is alot of uncertainty around us at the moment.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who cares what Southgate thinks or says?

I mean seriously, this isn't even news......obvious statement is obvious and all that.......

Who cares what the England manager has to say about one of our players, really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Surely the point is it's hardly news that the England manager is suggesting that playing for a top 6 club will enhance your chances of getting picked for England when we've witnessed that exact thing happening for years now (if not forever).

As for people in the press trying to hawk Grealish off to the highest bidder, again, hardly new-s.

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Surely the point is it's hardly news that the England manager is suggesting that playing for a top 6 club will enhance your chances of getting picked for England when we've witnessed that exact thing happening for years now (if not forever).

As for people in the press trying to hawk Grealish off to the highest bidder, again, hardly new-s.

I agree. I think the news is that he acknowledged Grealish and his form at all. That he trudged through a bunch of cliches was expected though for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I agree. I think the news is that he acknowledged Grealish and his form at all. That he trudged through a bunch of cliches was expected though for sure.

For Southgate it surprised me because he normally plays everything with a straight bat. Could have easily given a less involved response lets say.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

There are some crazy folk around here.

I mean let's be honest why should any of us villa fans pay any attention to a guy who is in the most high profile job in football. Not to mention why pay any attention in what the guy with said high profile job is saying about one of our own players  especially when he is encouraging that said player to leave our club. 

I mean it's not like Southgate isn't letting the poison flow out of his mouth. There has been a surge in our teams wins since Grealish's return, this only adds interest with clubs licking there lips. Since Southgate came out with this now all the media is just spinning again on Grealish. With interest from spurs again with added west ham interest, no doubt there will be more clubs turning in Jacks direction. We will see anyway as soon as an offer is made i think it will have to be a serious one for the owners to accept, last time they knocked spurs back for there stupidness and it cost them a very good signing. I think our owners will have to make a statement if we're to keep Jack. 

The question is are we now a team building club who want to win things or are we still the same old Villa who will sell there prized assets for coins?? Something tells me that when our owners came in and brushed the offer for Grealish away that they made a statement rite there by saying Villa is no longer a selling club.

I don't think our owners are desperate for money, between them they have over what is it 8 billion, close to 9 billion??. As long as Villa can bring down wages this summer, show signs they are working in FFP,  then there is no desperate need to sell Jack or John. We also have many new players who are in charge of our club, they were bought in for reasons, which was to help generate money to help Villa earn on its own to feet. Add wage decreases to those helping Villa earn money, you have a very successful recipe where we are in very capable hands.

So much goes on that we do not know about, we are the very last to know about anything unfortunately. I think If we go up our players stay but if we have another season in this league then who knows at the moment.

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

There are some crazy folk around here.

I mean let's be honest why should any of us villa fans pay any attention to a guy who is in the most high profile job in football. Not to mention why pay any attention in what the guy with said high profile job is saying about one of our own players  especially when he is encouraging that said player to leave our club. 

I pay attention to all Dean Smith comments 😉

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think our owners are desperate for money, between them they have over what is it 8 billion, close to 9 billion??. As long as Villa can bring down wages this summer, show signs they are working in FFP,  then there is no desperate need to sell Jack or John. We also have many new players who are in charge of our club, they were bought in for reasons, which was to help generate money to help Villa earn on its own to feet. Add wage decreases to those helping Villa earn money, you have a very successful recipe where we are in very capable hands.

I think there's also an argument here of the financial rewards of promotion and acceptable financial risk of hanging on to good players. A promotion is close to £ 200-300 million in TV money alone? Then add everything else from long term money, sponsorships etc. 

We are close to promotion. If we don't win the playoff this year, I am sure we will be title contenders with Grealish and McGinn next season. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think there's also an argument here of the financial rewards of promotion and acceptable financial risk of hanging on to good players. A promotion is close to £ 200-300 million in TV money alone? Then add everything else from long term money, sponsorships etc. 

We are close to promotion. If we don't win the playoff this year, I am sure we will be title contenders with Grealish and McGinn next season. 

As long as he doesn’t get injured again!

The fact that he isn't playing for England is good for us. He won't lose fitness or get injured during the international breaks and he isn't in the spotlight.

It's win win for us. No idea what you lot are complaining about.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:25, Dave-R said:

There will be a bidding war for Grealish this summer and jack will leave. The top five especially will be interested then some mid table clubs will join in from the premier.

If Grealish is certain to leave then let the bidding wars begin, the better the price for us. Jack will be missed big time in our side, the sale of Him could ease FFP and bring in a good amount of decent players to replace the ones that leave come summer.

Will be a sad day seeing Jack go, and as much as i dont want him to I do think that we have become to reliant on him. Although recent signings indicate a change in the right direction it is still going to take some time building a squad that doesnt revolved around a select few who constantly shine. Mings and Hause are good signs that we can at least now find some decent signings the right way, hopefully guilbert will also be an ace for us when he starts playing. The only signing which is questionable is Carroll, and at the moment it's a mystery to what's fully going on with him, hope when he does start playing, I hope we see a very good player.

Come summer I think we will see a few youths come through and make use of our own lads more which is a cheaper way to fill a team. I am confident anyway that Smith can bring a squad to life next season and the right moves will be made. Not long now till next season's plans start unfolding, some months away and we will find out if we are going to keep Jack and Mcginn, whether we can fully sign Mings and Tammy, there is alot of uncertainty around us at the moment.

won't be a bidding war if there is a release clause in his contract as has been reported.

Â