Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I liked it but it wasn't a patch on the OJ one.

Felt too long as well. A lot of filler in there.

But a good watch. I had no idea of the story so was very interesting.

Yes I did get a bit annoyed when each episode seemed to go further and further back in time but it was still decent enough to sit through 9 episodes. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2019 at 10:31, Designer1 said:

Finished Russian Doll the other night. Thought it was terrific and for once the finale was especially strong.

Finished it this morning in the gym.

the last two episodes were particularly brilliant and a great way to conclude the series. 

Finishing the unbrella academy tonight which has also been top drawer throughout! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Binge watching series 7 of Homeland. 

Is that the latest series?  I started watching it on Channel 4 but got pissed off by them going back to Carrie's mental problems again so gave up.  Is it worth going back to and finishing it off do you reckon?

46 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is that the latest series?  I started watching it on Channel 4 but got pissed off by them going back to Carrie's mental problems again so gave up.  Is it worth going back to and finishing it off do you reckon?

It is the latest yes, just come on to Netflix (final series due to air later this year). 

If you don't like Mad Carrie, I'd give it a miss, as that is the dominating theme. I really like it though, for all the stuff about covert operations, drones, cyber warfare, etc. It posits that a woman won the 2016 presidential election (not as hawkish as Hilary C, but that's basically who it is), but still lots of stuff about fake news, Russian interference (Brexit gets referenced), social media, etc. I'm enjoying it. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2019 at 13:59, theboyangel said:

Finishing the unbrella academy tonight which has also been top drawer throughout! 

It’s been ace hasn’t it!? 

Great last episode as well to top it off nicely. 

Definitely one of my fave new shows of recent times, can’t wait for season 2! 

• Like 2

I had to turn off Ricky Gervais's new show before the end of the first episode.  It's amazing how someone can make a show I love so much yet can piss me off in almost everything else.  As an aside, I still get a bit shocked by the word 'word removed' being used so commonly on TV nowadays.

Flyball on Crufts is mad. It's like the equivalent of a 100m relay for dogs, but a lot shorter. 

I'd never seen it before, and having watched a couple of 'rounds' (?) I started to rather enjoy it, although the mix of dogs struck me as a bit odd - surely if you had a group of 4 whippets or greyhounds you'd absolutely smash the other teams? 

And then it happened. Well, there were 3 whippets. They were pretty much a blur and destroyed the other team. 

Bet it stinks in there though. 

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had to turn off Ricky Gervais's new show before the end of the first episode.  It's amazing how someone can make a show I love so much yet can piss me off in almost everything else.  As an aside, I still get a bit shocked by the word 'word removed' being used so commonly on TV nowadays.

I quite liked the first episode. What annoyed you about it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

A few things, I've come to the conclusion that's he's not actually a very good actor (Brent aside), I didn't really laugh at all, all the humour seemed to be about calling people a word removed, plus I'm not a big fan of the premise either.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Me too, I thought it was pretty funny. Bit emotional too with the laptop and the old boy with the birthday cards at the end 

His character is like the anti-Derek, but it’s got a similar funny/sad tone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

A few things, I've come to the conclusion that's he's not actually a very good actor (Brent aside), I didn't really laugh at all, all the humour seemed to be about calling people a word removed, plus I'm not a big fan of the premise either.

He's a terrible actor, agreed, but I did find some of it funny. Its always going to be difficult to live up to The Office, which in my opinion is the greatest UK comedy series ever. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2019 at 10:31, Designer1 said:

Finished Russian Doll the other night. Thought it was terrific and for once the finale was especially strong.

Also watching The Kominski Method which is very good. I could watch Alan Arkin read a phone book and it would still raise a smile - absolute curmudgeonly perfection 😁

Totally agree about Alan Arkin.

On 09/03/2019 at 16:42, sharkyvilla said:

Watched all of it now and I liked it. Without giving too much away it gets better and the last 2 episodes are quite sad and poignant. 

So it’s been confirmed that that Tolkien series is going to focus on the second age of man.. ie... the creation of the rings and the original wars around them. 

Will be very interesting to see how they handle this, there’s a lot of literature around this, but some is very adopted from Tolkien’s writing. 

• Like 1

Just watching some old Top Gear clips on Youtube. The challenges and reviews etc. The Bugatti Veyron one for example, when Clarkson drives it back from Italy. 

Shame the presenters disappeared up their own rectums. 

Â