Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 16/03/2019 at 22:15, Stevo985 said:

Is Umbrella Academy worth persisting with?

Watched 2 episodes so far and it's boring as ****.

Same here,. first few were tediously slow. It does improve though, to a point where it's quite interesting.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm still waiting for a good reason that people are so suspicious of the McCanns personally.

because people think they are words removed and people think that because they are well to do and very unlikable, as others have said already there seems to be a general consensus that if they were from a different walk of like then maybe not charged with murder but definitely charged with neglect or something else, instead they were collecting charity cash to fly around the world meeting the likes of the pope (whilst their other 2 kids were left at home...)

its their own sense of entitlement and power that caused it to happen

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

love death and robots

18 short stories, all various forms of animation, some of them are brilliant a couple of them arent but i wouldnt say any of them are bad, thought i would watch a couple but i watched the whole thing in one go

Started it yesterday and it's excellent

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

because people think they are words removed and people think that because they are well to do and very unlikable, as others have said already there seems to be a general consensus that if they were from a different walk of like then maybe not charged with murder but definitely charged with neglect or something else, instead they were collecting charity cash to fly around the world meeting the likes of the pope (whilst their other 2 kids were left at home...)

its their own sense of entitlement and power that caused it to happen

Their biggest crime was the well oiled media machine they had going for them which appeared too slick and professional but they were warned against that in the documentary. When you've got the cash and connections to do things properly I can't exactly blame them.

Also the old chestnut of they should have done this or that therefore they are suspicious, again not buying that, there's no official way of reacting to tragedy. Keeping a clear head is probably the best thing you can do in these situations.

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm still waiting for a good reason that people are so suspicious of the McCanns personally.

Seems to be on trend to find something not right about them, I'm not sure what its supposed to be exactly.

They just seem thoroughly dislikable. That's not an indication of guilt in the slightest, but doesn't help them. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah that Ted Bundy one was better as it was only 4 parts from what I remember.

Brilliant documentary. Bundy was so engaging, I almost thought he may be innocent! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Brilliant documentary. Bundy was so engaging, I almost thought he may be innocent! 

Bundy was famously quite charismatic, he actually wanted to be a politician (as well as a lawyer) but didn't have the conviction or ability to do it.

Truly evil bastard though. And completely nuts - specifically targeting women that looked like the girl that rejected him, visiting the corpses in a secluded place on a mountain and doing their hair and makeup, burning a head in his friends fireplace...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They just seem thoroughly dislikable. That's not an indication of guilt in the slightest, but doesn't help them. 

I don't for one second think they killed her.

I don't think they were checking every 20 mins like they said and I think they gave their kids calpol to make them drowsy which didn't help the situation. None of the kids woke up or screamed with a stranger in the room and someone was seen carrying a sleepy child. 

Kids would scream to **** if grabbed by a weirdo coming into their room.

They made a massive error of judgement and paid the ultimate price IMO.

Their world tour and meeting the pope was massively OTT. Too much PR didn't go down too well with people. Although the online comments and hate mail they got was way out of line.

14 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Seen this advertised on Netflix and it's on the list of 'to watch' along with a few other things.

Good watch GC?  🤔

Bit boring in parts and like @Stevo985 says, youre waiting for a conclusion that never comes. Worth a few hours though. Led me to to read loads of conspiracies online...it was the parents!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Bit boring in parts and like @Stevo985 says, youre waiting for a conclusion that never comes. Worth a few hours though. Led me to to read loads of conspiracies online...it was the parents!

Nothing that not many of us have concluded to already then.

The whole thing stank from the word go imo.

On the day after the disappearance, the Robert Murat guy stood out to me as being a bit 'odd'. There was also a woman who was interviewed that day who may have been Murat's wife but I forget her name now, but both struck me as being slightly odd for the situation that had just developed. I couldn't put my finger on what was odd about him or why but something just didn't seem right.

Will give this a watch and see if there is something we don't already know.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on the parents knowing something more than they are revealing.

Big Trouble in Model Britain with James May.

Just finished the 2 part series and it's still on BBC iPlayer.

Very interesting if you are into modelling or kit building. Hornby/Airfix/Scalextric etc. Never owned any of the above (on an adult scale anyway) but very interesting and insightful with what happened to the company.

Worth a watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

I don't for one second think they killed her.

I don't think they were checking every 20 mins like they said and I think they gave their kids calpol to make them drowsy which didn't help the situation. None of the kids woke up or screamed with a stranger in the room and someone was seen carrying a sleepy child. 

Kids would scream to **** if grabbed by a weirdo coming into their room.

Their 20 minute checks were corroborated by others at the complex.

I believe Calpol products are non-drowsy. In any case, the two other children, once woken, displayed no signs of drowsiness induced by drugs.

A sleeping small child could easily be moved and kept quiet by an adult, without disturbing even non-drugged sleeping small children. I have often carried my sleeping children without waking them and they haven’t even remembered being moved. My son and daughter have both said they didn’t wake because they always assumed they were being moved by Mom or Dad.

The parents were guilty of their level of care. It was a level that many, although not most, parents would have thought not risky. My own daughter was just 5 years old at the time and whilst my wife and I would not have left our sleeping children at that distance, we understood how some, without hindsight, in a family orientated environment, might. I think they have received the worst punishment for that lapse in care.

I do not buy in to it being near impossible to take Madeline without her parents involvement (other than not fully securing them from other adults) as some social media drivel would have it.

The McCann doc had the feel of a crimewatch appeal rather than a documentary to me.

Spoiler

It does a good job of pointing at the issues with the Portuguese Police and to me, seemed to focus a lot on what was done or said by the media. The interview with Malinka was interesting. The bits with Murat confirmed to me that he's a very odd fellow and that he got a big pay out from the high court. Amaral comes off worst out of all of them. The interviews with the witnesses/other guests also interesting but nothing at all from the McCann's or the Tapas 7? So nothing new here then. No mention of Clement Freud at all which, given the circumstances and what we now know of him seemed odd, especially considering they mention the 'Huntley-esque' self-involvement of Murat. Seems strange to completely ignore his reaching out to help while focusing on another. The Scotland Yard e-fits were only shown briefly at the end which considering the active case and all that I'd have thought they'd want to push them. Also, considering the length of the thing it was weird that when they got to something interesting, they kind of glossed over it. The Northern Irish dude saying he'd "written that bit for Gerry" for instance, without going any further into it. The mention of an 'order' from Belgium and so on. The whole sniffer dog bit ended up reiterating that the tests on the blood ended up being inconclusive and that was that then, nothing to see here. No other questions arise or apply then?

The Northern Irish dude is the star of the show though. He comes across as a thoroughly decent human being, which was good from the documentary's point of view because somebody had decided to give Kelvin MacKenzie a fair bit of screen time with which to vomit letters out of his disgusting mouth (Anyone else pick up on the 'beautiful' comment or just me and my utter contempt for the man?)

The Millionaire and his kid and all the P.I. guys all come across as a bunch of clearings in the woods.

For a whodunnit/what happened it just didn't ask any questions or highlight any of the interesting areas of inquiry. As a reply to internet trolls it got a message across. Still seemed a bit managed rather than something inciteful or exposing of any new information. Just ran through why the internet should leave everyone alone really.

All in all disappointing and too long.

Finished watching Love Death and Robots, and overall I thought it was pretty good. It does seem a bit Black Mirrory.

My favourite episodes were Good Hunting, Helping Hand, and Ice Age. Good Hunting, I wished was a lot longer.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

people talk about the McCanns slick PR exercise and use of consultants and touring Europe etc. Well why, given the opportunity and resources wouldnt they? Surely as parents it is worth getting a bit of a slagging to do everything to find your kid. would be more irresponsible not to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Finished watching Love Death and Robots, and overall I thought it was pretty good. It does seem a bit Black Mirrory.

My favourite episodes were Good Hunting, Helping Hand, and Ice Age. Good Hunting, I wished was a lot longer.

yeah good hunting was probably my favourite too along with 3 robots

Â