Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm addicted to Lie To Me now. :P

Saw the first season enjoyed it but suddenly found myself finding it boring..so haven't seen it since.

That's funny because I haven't seen the first season yet, I'm starting from the end of the 2nd season in fact and I think it's great, there are some dud episodes though.

whoever recommended Lights Out - thank you, great show!

That be me ;-)

White Collar is also great - in fact The Wallet Inspector put me onto both of em

Caught a repeat of Friday Night Dinner last night, I had absolute no intention of watching the show (despite my love for Greig and Heap) as it looked **** dire on the ads. Was about to flick the channel when I saw "written by Robert Popper" (the genius behind 'Look Around You') flash up on the opening credits which instantly made it essential viewing. Sat my arse down, watched it, was thoroughly entertained. :thumb:

And just for a Brucie Bonus, Matthew Holness cropped up in the episode. **** get in.

Was about to flick the channel when I saw "written by Robert Popper" (the genius behind 'Look Around You')

Didn't realise this, I'll definitely be watching it then, thanks.

Quick mention for a 1 episode comedy pilot that showed on Dave a while back;

A fifteen minute sitcom pilot based on the show created by David McNeill and Colin Hoult. Zimbani began life as a handful of sketches on BBC7's Colin and Fergus' Digi-Radio, it was then developed into a full stage show that debuted at the Fringe in 2008, and has now been turned into this TV pilot.

Zimbani is "a demented tornado of a comedy show that is a homage to great British action films of the 1970s." It features Chester van der Chester, Harry Lenarkos and Julius Zimbani - the latter of whom is the pure manifestation of evil itself.

Zimbani hunters Lenarkos and Chester have finally tracked the maniacal master of evil down to Africa, and have dodged lions and other large furry things to challenge his superiority.

...if you love overstated acting and deliberately stilted dialogue this is the show for you (think of Matt Berry in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and you'll get a feel for how the actors deliver lines in this show too).

4725975624_7c9935c153.jpg

I've given up on Boardwalk Empire after 5 or so episodes. It just wasn't very good IMO. Don't get me wrong, the production values are fantastic and it was quite clearly hugely budgeted and highly polished but that's all it was. Self-indulgence for Scorcese & Winter. So I've left the missus to travel that Saturday night road alone now :)

Â