Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I got given Jeeves and Wooster for Christmas, was one of the first things Fry and Laurie did. Really not impressed with the first few episodes. Is it worth sticking with it and watching a few more before giving up on it?

You either love it or absolutely hate it. There is no middle camp. Just a heads up to say that Big Brother will more than likely becoming back on Channel 5 this year or next January. The deal is very close to being signed, they are apparently working out the format of the next series and whether it will be a "celebrity" version or a normal series.

:@

Anyone watching Boardwalk Empire. Excellent TV.

Watched.

Fantastic show, great characters and acting tied into real historical events. Can't wait for the next series.

They have it early in Korea?

Episode 4 is on tonight. I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't been mentioned more. It's absolutely brilliant, massive budget, awesome casting and writing and tied together by Scorsese.

It's such an interesting era too.

Think it started recently in Korea. I watched it all thanks to the power of the internet.

I got given Jeeves and Wooster for Christmas, was one of the first things Fry and Laurie did. Really not impressed with the first few episodes. Is it worth sticking with it and watching a few more before giving up on it?
I think it was one of those things that looked so obviously made for them, that they just had to do it.

A nice idea that - for me - pretty much failed. Can't really put my finger on why, but I gave up after a couple of episodes.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Eastbound and Down last night - absolutely brilliant!

Also i think new episodes of The Middle are starting soon, similar to malcolm in the middle but just as funny at times.

Two good shows i would definitely recommend.

You either love it or absolutely hate it. There is no middle camp. Just a heads up to say that Big Brother will more than likely becoming back on Channel 5 this year or next January. The deal is very close to being signed, they are apparently working out the format of the next series and whether it will be a "celebrity" version or a normal series.

:@

thank god we dont have Channel 5 here in Ireland :lol:

was a terrible show and should never have got past 2 or 3 years

Did anyone else watch Friday night dinner? It was good but im not sure what to make of it yet. Mark Heap was brilliant as always and the dads brilliant but im still not sure about it.

Just watched the first couple of episodes of "Treme". Maybe it's been mentioned in here. It's the new series by the guys who made "The Wire".

Seems pretty good so far!

i really liked it, john goodman is brilliant in it, i suppose alot of it in how interested you are in NO, really made me want to go there but the boxset is doing the rounds in my office and no one else likes it

as for eastbound and down ive got 2 episodes left and the jury is still out

the other boxset doing the rounds is damages, excellent IMO

I know its the last episode this Thursday but i caught last weeks episode of Marchlands, looks really good, think i might buy the series on DVD. Anyone been watching the whole series? Worth me getting it on DVD?

Also Human Planet has been fantastic!!!

Just watched the first couple of episodes of "Treme". Maybe it's been mentioned in here. It's the new series by the guys who made "The Wire".

Seems pretty good so far!

i really liked it, john goodman is brilliant in it, i suppose alot of it in how interested you are in NO, really made me want to go there but the boxset is doing the rounds in my office and no one else likes it

as for eastbound and down ive got 2 episodes left and the jury is still out

the other boxset doing the rounds is damages, excellent IMO

Yeh, i still only saw that first episode. I've got the rest of the first season, but I'm working my way through 4 series of Mad Men first so it may take a while for me to get around to it.

it did seem good from what i saw though, I'm excited for the rest of it.

What's everyone's opinion of Mad Men?

Whilst I'm enjoying it (I'm about 10 episodes into the first season) and want to continue watching, I don't seem to be as taken by it as a lot of my mates.

There doesn't seem to be a massive amount happening in the long term. Will it get better?

As i said, i still like it, but some of my mates are hailing it as better than the Wire. i just don't see it (yet!)

Lights Out is showing on US TV at the moment, its up to episode 7 I think. One of the very best shows, recommend you check it out. Its about an ex boxer who's lost all his cash, but its so much more than that.

I agree...I've mentioned this show a couple of times in this thread already

What's everyone's opinion of Mad Men?

Whilst I'm enjoying it (I'm about 10 episodes into the first season) and want to continue watching, I don't seem to be as taken by it as a lot of my mates.

There doesn't seem to be a massive amount happening in the long term. Will it get better?

best thing on tv IMO, it chugs along without really that much ever happening but don draper is a brilliant character (he sleeps with how many women is an asshole to peggy and others yet you are always on his side) the same can be said for pete campbell (who is the opposite, he couldnt do anything to make me like him)

i dont think im spoiling anything when i say JFK dies! that episode is brilliant but thats another controlling factor, if you arent interested in the times you wont really be interested in the show

Â