Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

anyone watch supersized earth last night?

ive got it recorded, saw about 10 minutes worth last night during half time, in mexico city's sewers, looks very interesting

Wish I'd seen the first episode now. Just sat transfixed through episode 2. The section where they sank the ship, dragged an oil rig onto it and then un-sunk the ship so it could sail off giving it a riggy-back was just staggering.

That BBC documentary on big cities last night was amazing. Covered much the same ground as the similar Andrew Marr programme from about a year ago, but did it better, IMO.

Will have to iplayer that as I enjoyed the Marr version ...

I thought his history of the world show was pretty good as well ,

Didn't know whether to post this here or in the books thread...I decided here.

Stephen King's Under The Dome coming Summer 2013 to CBS

CBS Television has announced that Under the Dome will debut in the summer of 2013. The blockbuster tale will receive an initial 13 episode treatment produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment.

Originally developed at Showtime, Under the Dome has now transferred to sister station CBS and will be produced by Neal Baer, (A Gifted Man, Law & Order: SVU) Stephen King, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, and Stacey Snider.

The series writer, Brian K. Vaughan (Lost) will also function as Executive Producer with Niels Arden Oplev (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Unforgettable) set to direct first episode.

sauce

Should make a decent little series. I was one who liked parts of the ending of the novel, but also that the 'reveal' as to the cause of the titular dome was a bit...weak. It's important to remember though, that the whole point of the story is not the dome, but is the way it kicks off under the dome...so as long as they nail that part of it, it will be well worth watching. Big Jim is one of my favourite King villains. Hopefully it'll be cast well. It's not inconceivable that they'll change the ending ala The Mist, and maybe do away with the novel's reason for the dome entirely. It would have been better to keep it ambiguous anyway, i thought. One to look out for, when it hits screens.

• Like 1

HBO are doing the dark tower too

That is something I havent heard any news on in a long, long time. I think the rumour was they were wanted to do a TV series then a movie? Or the other way around? With Javier Bardem as Roland. With the way TV series are sliced and diced over in the states though, it'd have to be a massive hit pretty quick not to get cancelled. And to do it right, they' d have to encapsulate the story from pretty much all the books, so it'd take a few 'seasons' to finish. I can't see it happening - but maybe the success of Game of Thrones will make it a more attractive project?

I'm amazed it doesn't seem to have too many fans on here. Last episode of the series next week so I'm expecting some epic showdowns.

just spotted this, we are 2 episodes behind so nothing really has happened

been a quiet one so far (i know what happens) Gyp is ok but blatantly fodder, the billy story and the hospital story are both shite IMO, not enough chalky or harrow, the half a gangster thing hasnt really happened

will be interesting if in series 4 they miss 2/3 years out and really start the real lucky/capone stories or if they ever want to take the focus away from nucky, i think they wont but its hard because they have more potential to be amazing but will involve the main character less, nucky's main storlines involving women and political wranglings are in danger of being stale IMO

same as always its a great show i watch it every week and if richard harrow dies i will be fuming

Â