Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Now halfway through season 3 of Handmaid's Tale.

I'm patiently waiting for the revenge pay-off, or at least one of the horrendous main characters to get offed in the most painful way, whilst trying not to order a stool and a length of rope from amazon.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Now halfway through season 3 of Handmaid's Tale.

I'm patiently waiting for the revenge pay-off, or at least one of the horrendous main characters to get offed in the most painful way, whilst trying not to order a stool and a length of rope from amazon.

Elizabeth Moss is hard to like.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Elizabeth Moss is hard to like.

It's the rest of the **** who need beating with a barbed wire truncheon!

On 10/04/2022 at 21:28, tomav84 said:

enjoying severance so far. decent concept

Just watched episode 1. After 30 mins I'm thinking "WTF is going on here?!?!?!" but once the concept was laid out it clicked into place. Its definitely interesting and I'm looking forward to where it goes.

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Anyone is hard to like when revealed to be a Scientologist

yeah I didn't know that til just now.

Odd bunch.

25 minutes ago, sne said:

It's by far the best Journey song isn't it, Separate Ways. Will always remind me of Matt Tremont, but used to good effect here. 

As for Stranger Things, seems to be returning to some of it's proper horror routes, which will be good to see. Is there any suggestion of a further season/s? There seems to be a sense of finality to this, but perhaps that's the intention.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogso said:

It's by far the best Journey song isn't it, Separate Ways. Will always remind me of Matt Tremont, but used to good effect here. 

As for Stranger Things, seems to be returning to some of it's proper horror routes, which will be good to see. Is there any suggestion of a further season/s? There seems to be a sense of finality to this, but perhaps that's the intention.

IMDB has a 5th season listed on their site but no date obviously. Think I read they are wrapping it up after S5 but not 100% sure.

Agree, would be nice if they went horror-ish.

1 hour ago, sne said:

IMDB has a 5th season listed on their site but no date obviously. Think I read they are wrapping it up after S5 but not 100% sure.

Agree, would be nice if they went horror-ish.

4th season volume 1 is 27th may

Volume 2 is 1st July 

• Like 1

SAS Who Dares Wins is back and oh no, they've Americanised it.

Ant Middleton being a bellend got him the sack, and none of the other people they brought in had the personality to carry it as the front man. So the solution they seem to have found is keep the 2 SAS guys people liked that didn't get sacked, and bring in 2 Americans - a former Marine and a former SEAL. And oh boy is it hard to take Yank Middleton seriously. There's something about the American bravado stuff that contrasts bizarrely with the SAS guys who are essentially quiet hard men. In the intro to the guy he states coming from a broken home his father figures were 'Bruce Lee, John Rambo and Wolverine'. I think it must have been like the Biggus Dickus scene from Life of Brian in the room when he said that.

Also the bloke is a Marine, no doubt he's a badass, but the show is meant to be Special Forces based - you go from the Marines to SF. It doesn't feel like he should be there really.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

SAS Who Dares Wins is back and oh no, they've Americanised it.

Ant Middleton being a bellend got him the sack, and none of the other people they brought in had the personality to carry it as the front man. So the solution they seem to have found is keep the 2 SAS guys people liked that didn't get sacked, and bring in 2 Americans - a former Marine and a former SEAL. And oh boy is it hard to take Yank Middleton seriously. There's something about the American bravado stuff that contrasts bizarrely with the SAS guys who are essentially quiet hard men. In the intro to the guy he states coming from a broken home his father figures were 'Bruce Lee, John Rambo and Wolverine'. I think it must have been like the Biggus Dickus scene from Life of Brian in the room when he said that.

Also the bloke is a Marine, no doubt he's a badass, but the show is meant to be Special Forces based - you go from the Marines to SF. It doesn't feel like he should be there really.

The marine Rudy Reyes was in Generation Kill (which is worth a watch) as ‘himself’

I’ll probably give this a miss as it’s a tired format (pretty much like most similar things on TV)

Have to agree that Ant Middleton is a bit of a knob though who believes his own hype.

Edited by theboyangel

Next Mike Flanagan series for Netflix is filming currently. After the fantastic Haunting of Hill House and the meh Haunting of Bly Manor and the OK Midnight Mass it now time for The Fall of the House of Usher. Based on the Edgar Allan Poe story, I think.

Hopefully it's more Hill and less Bly.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Next Mike Flanagan series for Netflix is filming currently. After the fantastic Haunting of Hill House and the meh Haunting of Bly Manor and the OK Midnight Mass it now time for The Fall of the House of Usher. Based on the Edgar Allan Poe story, I think.

Hopefully it's more Hill and less Bly.

I want to know what he did after 8701, went to shit 

Started Slow Horses, has improved as the three episodes have gone on. Got to wait for the weekly release now though. Think I’ll watch Severance in the meantime. Trying to take full advantage of having 3 months of Apple TV!

Â