Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anyone watching "The Thief, His Wife and the Canoe"?

The finale was on last night (haven't watched that one yet), but it's a decent show. Based on a true story of course and a pretty interesting telling of it. Possibly stretched to an episode more than it needed to be but Im' enjoying it

Was also very surprised to see Karl Pilkington pop up playing a detective in it. And doing a pretty good job from what I can see

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

First two eps of Life After Life. Not bad as an adaptation of the book, which is good. 

watched the first...can't quite get into it

gonna give the 2nd episode a go but might end up turning it off. not really my cup of tea

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

watched the first...can't quite get into it

gonna give the 2nd episode a go but might end up turning it off. not really my cup of tea

I think if I hadn't already read the book I might agree. Also, the constantly switching timelines exacerbates the 'different actors playing the same characters' problem. It's only four episodes though, so I'll see it out. 

• Like 1

I quite like Peaky Blinders but that word removed that writes it just HAD to shoe-horn the knuckkledraggers into it again, this time bent referees giving them a penalty.

He refused which was nice, what happened then wasn't so nice.

I also heard that the series was held back from airing until the anniversary of the day small heath jammed it against White Flag FC (AKA Arsenal) in the league cup 2011.

Now THAT is sad.

39 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I also heard that the series was held back from airing until the anniversary of the day small heath jammed it against White Flag FC (AKA Arsenal) in the league cup 2011.

Now THAT is sad.

no way do the BBC buy in to that, sounds like made up guff from them lot

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no way do the BBC buy in to that, sounds like made up guff from them lot

Just checked, series aired same date as scummers won their "mickey mouse cup".

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just checked, series aired same date as scummers won their "mickey mouse cup".

That bit is plausible 

The BBC delaying its release to coincide with it it what sounds like bollocks to me, maybe one of the producers did it on the sly but I do t believe that anyone at the BBC went along with it

Just now, villa4europe said:

That bit is plausible 

The BBC delaying its release to coincide with it it what sounds like bollocks to me, maybe one of the producers did it on the sly but I do t believe that anyone at the BBC went along with it

They were probably none the wiser to the small heath lover's shenanigans.

Last episode of Peaky Blinders wasn't bad at all, nice twist to the story at the end.

Finished HandMaid's tale too, **** me what a depressing show.

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

For those who like the Bosch series, another Michael Connelly character, Mickey Haller, The Lincoln Lawyer has been dramatised in a Netflix series due out in the next few weeks. 

Keeping an eye on it, the books are good the film is good so expecting this to be good too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

For those who like the Bosch series, another Michael Connelly character, Mickey Haller, The Lincoln Lawyer has been dramatised in a Netflix series due out in the next few weeks. 

I thought they were doing a Bosch spin - off series ?

Finished a Very British Scandal. Not as good as the English Scandal. Same high production value and good acting, but it felt a bit flat at points. 

Foy and Bettany are both good, but they are as sexy as lake trout together, so I FFWD through those scenes.

All the other characters were also deeply unlikable so maybe that's the issue. 

Then again, the gay guy in English Scandal was really unlikable too.

Hugh Grant carried that one.

What Scandal will they do next? 

Edited by maqroll

Â