Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I have been pleasantly surprised by Derek as Gervais is a bit of a one trick pony , but this is some of the most moving work he has done IMO .

It is quite moving, and last nights show was funny until the last 4 minutes. The "black guy from the streets criminal comes good" just wasn't needed imo

Another lover of Archer here.

I keep meaning to buy the DVDs as I saw all of season 1 but not much of Season2 (has there been a season 3?)

The passge when they're diffusing the bomb in the blimp in the first season (I think) is absolutely hilarious. I keep trying to find a clip online of that bit but I can't :(

B as in butthole, and M as in Mancy ;)

I have been pleasantly surprised by Derek as Gervais is a bit of a one trick pony , but this is some of the most moving work he has done IMO .

It's excellent.

It seems to be getting some stick because people are tuning in expecting it to be an out and out comedy when that's not really what it's about at all.

There's comedy in it, but it's more about Derek and the kind of person he is, and that general environment.

Maybe it's because my mom works in a Retirement Complex (not quite an old people's home but there abouts) and my sister also works in care so I'm familiar with the situations, but I think it's been excellent.

The fact it's got that round headed manc gorp in it is just a bonus

Game of Thrones Season 2 is out on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday. I cannot friggin' wait.

Seems to have taken an exceptionally long time to get this season out. I seem to remember Season 1 came out closer to Christmas and there was a longer wait for Season 2 to start airing afterwards.

I'm going to have a marathon of every episode from seasons 1 and 2 on blu-ray in preparation for Season 3 in a month's time.

It's gonna be tight y'all!

Edited by Ginko

I'm not a fan of Gervais either but credit were its due. The fact that most people think something is wrong with Derek, until they spend time with him, shows more about the people he meets than it does him.

The bald guy lines on community service were funny as f**k, "they send em here for community service for a couple of weeks for a punishment, i have been here for 10 years, what i have done wrong?"

You start of feeling sorry for Derek but in the end you sort of envy his outlook on life.

Dont think I could watch Gervais he is a word removed. I think the Office was funny in spite of him and not really a fan of his "crew" of Merchant and Pilkington

You know he wrote directed and starred in the office, right?

Can't really see how it's funny in spite of him. Without him it is wouldn't exist.

I like Gervais, grew up with him. I like Karl too for the same reasons. Whilst I watch Derek and I chuckle, I'm entertained and occasionally moved, something doesn't sit right with me.

Without Merchant to reign him in all the subtlety of the office and extras has fallen by the wayside. It's like being hit over the head with an emotional spanner, it's a little too much.

I'll continue to watch it because it does entertain me and I like the characters, but it's ultimately forgettable.

Game of Thrones Season 2 is out on DVD and Blu-ray on Monday. I cannot friggin' wait.

Seems to have taken an exceptionally long time to get this season out. I seem to remember Season 1 came out closer to Christmas and there was a longer wait for Season 2 to start airing afterwards.

I'm going to have a marathon of every episode from seasons 1 and 2 on blu-ray in preparation for Season 3 in a month's time.

A marathon of both seasons is also on the cards for me.

On another note, the season 3 extended trailer has been released. It's only about 30 seconds longer than the previous one but made me about 5 times more excited  :D

This question requires a one word (one number actually) answer and nothing else re- spoilers etc :)

How many episodes of Breaking Bad season 5 are we up to in America at this stage?  I have recently come across the first 8 episodes purely by chance kinda.

On another note, the season 3 extended trailer has been released. It's only about 30 seconds longer than the previous one but made me about 5 times more excited  :D

Same. I've recently rewatched the first series blu-ray and this week will see a rewatch of the second when the boxset comes tomorrow...

Third series looks great, really great.

This question requires a one word (one number actually) answer and nothing else re- spoilers etc :)

How many episodes of Breaking Bad season 5 are we up to in America at this stage?  I have recently come across the first 8 episodes purely by chance kinda.

Yep, there has been 8, and we have to wait until July for the next eight.  Bastards!

Same. I've recently rewatched the first series blu-ray and this week will see a rewatch of the second when the boxset comes tomorrow...

Third series looks great, really great.

And yet I have no bloody access to Sky Atlantic!!! Ballsacks. Ah well I'll watch it eventually. Can't wait!

Yep, there has been 8, and we have to wait until July for the next eight.  Bastards!

Its being filmed as we speak. Follow the writers and actors on Twitter and they tweet pictures from the shoot.

July is only around the corner now. I hope it follows through on it's Shakespearean tragedy forebodings, no cop out ending please. I'm sure it will deliver. 

Finished season three of The Wire. As I said it;s a bit meh...

Again, said nobody ever.

Truly remarkable writing. Nothing will ever be the same. 

Broadchurch looks well worth a watch. If for no other reason than the extremely talented Olivia Colman is in it.

Edited by Designer1

July is only around the corner now. I hope it follows through on it's Shakespearean tragedy forebodings, no cop out ending please. I'm sure it will deliver. 

Finished season three of The Wire. As I said it;s a bit meh...

Again, said nobody ever.

Truly remarkable writing. Nothing will ever be the same. 

wait until you see the opening scene of season 4, probably the best tv ive ever seen

Â