Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 07/02/2024 at 20:02, villa4europe said:

Started James may our man in India, it's pretty decent, the Japan one was very good, the Italian one didn't do a lot for me but India has a lot of potential 

To me that's what TG / GT was at its best and it largely didn't know it, it's a travel show  

11 hours ago, Milfner said:

True Detective not really doing it for me still. I'm not a huge horror fan so it might be that. If it was a stand alone series called 'Night Country' perhaps I'd buy into it a bit more. It's just not very True Detective-y at all. 

They've pulled a fast one 

Is this bollocks true detective 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Addicted to Yellowstone at the moment. So good.

Still waiting for the last few episodes of the final season, it's been well over 12 months

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

always such a conflict watching that show. on one hand i think clarkson is a knobhead, but these GT specials are a bloody good watch

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Yellowstone worth watching then? It came up as a preview/suggestion after Beef finished. I've had it confused in my head with Yellowjackets is it?

Yellowstone and Yellowjackets couldn't be further apart in terms of what they're about :D 

Yellowstone is the better of the two. 

As someone who enjoyed The Traitors, i've just watched the Australian version and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a marmite show but if you like the UK one you'll enjoy the Australian version.

I know the show is highly edited but boy oh boy, they do come over as clueless and a bit thick. More so than their UK counterparts

BBC iPlayer

11 hours ago, imavillan said:

As someone who enjoyed The Traitors, i've just watched the Australian version and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a marmite show but if you like the UK one you'll enjoy the Australian version.

I know the show is highly edited but boy oh boy, they do come over as clueless and a bit thick. More so than their UK counterparts

BBC iPlayer

Dunno, I like marmite, but Vegemite is absolutely gross

• Haha 1

Just finished Deadloch (think it was recommended on here). Absolutely brilliant. Aussie TV seems to be in a league of its own the last 10 years, seen loads of great programmes from there over the last couple of years. It's on Amazon Prime, for those interested.

• Like 1

Solo Leveling is rather good if you're into that type of stuff. Typical Anime setting with monsters and a hero with hidden abilities and so on. It's a bit similar to One Punch Man but without the humor and not really similar at all :)

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Gave up on true detective after 4 episodes. Utter bullshit. They've just taken the name and made a completely different show. 

Yeah it is bollocks tbf. Although there's only two more episodes so I'll end up sticking it out. 

• Like 2

Opening 2 eps of Halo S2 was a big jump in quality compared to S1 which was kinda pap. Opening 2 eps of Tokyo Vice S2 was on par with S1 which was quite good.

2 hours ago, Milfner said:

Yeah it is bollocks tbf. Although there's only two more episodes so I'll end up sticking it out. 

Same

But it sounds like that's exactly what they've done (well in reverse) they've made a show and then the hbo marketing team stuck the TD name on it and the executive producers name on it, there's some reshoots in there too apparently and some references shoe horned in but the only TD thing about it are the car shots 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â