Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Acquired "The Buccaneers" from the high seas, didn't think I'd like it but it's OK, more for the ladies I think. A bit Downton Abbey like.

Still, it has Christina Hedricks' fantastic cleavage so I'll be watching til the end.

Recently found out Upstart Crow has two more seasons I'd missed so smashed through them, really funny script and Mark Heap is teriffic.

Then discover that the BBC have shitcanned it.

Futtocking barstables.

23 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I enjoyed Beef but felt it faded in the later episodes.

Have one episode of Boy Swallows Universe left, also enjoyable. Just 7 episodes is a plus.

Just came here to say I'm half way through and it's brilliant so far.

On 05/02/2024 at 21:51, Mr_Dogg said:

I enjoyed Beef but felt it faded in the later episodes.

I’ve got one episode left and I can’t bring myself to watch it because I’m enjoying it so much, I don’t want it to end. 
Without having seen the final episode, I currently have the opposite feeling to you. For me, it’s got better with every episode. 
Opinions, eh? ;)

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

I’ve got one episode left and I can’t bring myself to watch it because I’m enjoying it so much, I don’t want it to end. 
Without having seen the final episode, I currently have the opposite feeling to you. For me, it’s got better with every episode. 
Opinions, eh? ;)

I just felt it got a bit chaotic but overall if felt fresh, and was enjoyable viewing.

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Enjoyed Loudermilk a lot. Just ended too quickly. 

It's only stopped because the network it was on closed. Farrelly is on record as saying that he has a vision for 7 seasons and everyone involved really wants to do S4, they are just trying to get a studio to do it. Amazon and Netflix are both showing it so maybe one of them might take it up if the figures look good? There is hope for more

• Like 2

Started James may our man in India, it's pretty decent, the Japan one was very good, the Italian one didn't do a lot for me but India has a lot of potential 

To me that's what TG / GT was at its best and it largely didn't know it, it's a travel show  

I've got three episodes into Loudermilk and decided it's pretty dreadful :D

It's nice he's still making money from his Office Space character but it's pretty light on jokes

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Started James may our man in India, it's pretty decent, the Japan one was very good, the Italian one didn't do a lot for me but India has a lot of potential 

To me that's what TG / GT was at its best and it largely didn't know it, it's a travel show  

Japan is by the far the best of those. India isn't bad but it's far too rushed and it does have the feeling that there was a Indian government rep just off camera or dictating what they did or did not do. You can't cover India in 3 episodes of a show. It's still decent but they could have done more with it.

The Japan one is peerless, they actually cover a decent chunk of stuff and pick up on a load of niche things. Plus, well, hey Bim!

True Detective not really doing it for me still. I'm not a huge horror fan so it might be that. If it was a stand alone series called 'Night Country' perhaps I'd buy into it a bit more. It's just not very True Detective-y at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really enjoyed Beef.

Waiting for True Detective and MotA to finish before getting into them.

Might need something else to tide me over if I finish Loudermilk before then, which I am enjoying although like most US shows it's not particularly funny (though I haven't seen Office Space so I'm not getting repeated gags @Davkaus) except the kid (not baby!) breastfeeding was hilarious.

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Might need something else to tide me over if I finish Loudermilk before then, which I am enjoying although like most US shows it's not particularly funny (though I haven't seen Office Space so I'm not getting repeated gags @Davkaus) except the kid (not baby!) breastfeeding was hilarious.

I was a bit harsh last night (think I was in a bad mood, can't remember why ;) ), but I'm with you - it's entertaining enough, it's just not funny. It's not that there are repeated gags, it's nothing to do with that film, it's just he does appear to be playing the same character with his outlook, attitude, mannerisms, etc, it's the only other thing I've seen him in so he might be a much more versatile actor than I'm giving him credit for :D I'll probably end up giving it a few more episodes unless I find something else to watch.

American humour just doesn't seem to do it for me with very few exceptions - Always Sunny and Curbed your Enthusiasm are hilarious, and we've been watching Reno 911 which I think is absolutely fantastic.

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was a bit harsh last night (think I was in a bad mood, can't remember why ;) ), but I'm with you - it's entertaining enough, it's just not funny. It's not that there are repeated gags, it's nothing to do with that film, it's just he does appear to be playing the same character with his outlook, attitude, mannerisms, etc, it's the only other thing I've seen him in so he might be a much more versatile actor than I'm giving him credit for :D I'll probably end up giving it a few more episodes unless I find something else to watch.

American humour just doesn't seem to do it for me with very few exceptions - Always Sunny and Curbed your Enthusiasm are hilarious, and we've been watching Reno 911 which I think is absolutely fantastic.

Have you not seen Band of Brothers? Actually he's an alcoholic in that too so it's probably the same character :D

Curb is about the only US sitcom I find actually funny. Friends back in the day actually and I still find a lot of them funny probably through nostalgia as much as anything.

Edited by fightoffyour

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

American humour just doesn't seem to do it for me with very few exceptions

I think the humour in Loudermilk is very British, I suspect there are huge swathes of America that just wouldn't understand it

Â