Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On the subject of Top Gear it was confirmed yesterday that filming the current series is halted following Freddie Flintoff’s “horror” crash in December.

It did make me wonder if the extent of his injuries was released? It seems a bit excessive for someone just a bit banged up 3 months previous in what I assume he knew (and signed up to legally) was risky… was he more seriously injured and it kepted under wraps? Maybe he’s suing the BBC?

Edited by Genie

My favourite programme at the the moment is Hunting Hitler on quest late on Saturday night.

It’s a bunch of Americans who postulate Hitler escaped from Germany at the end of the war and ended up in Argentina.

It is the most utterly ridiculous enjoyable programme I have ever watched.Tonight episode is going to have a photograph of Hitler in Argentina,I can’t wait.I know he is going to have a moustache.

Edited by Only2McInallys

'Black Spot' on Netflix. A French take on the scandi-noir genre, it comes across like a mash-up of Spiral, Twin Peaks and The Blair Witch Project. File under 'enjoyable hokum'. 

Just watched the 2 opening eps of Rabbit Hole starring Kiefer Sutherland.

Honestly no idea what kind of show it's going to be as it was a bit all over the place. You get the usual super skilled protagonist who is set up in some conspiracy. The pretty lady who tags along and the agent who knows the protagonist and suspects there might be more to the story. Might turn out to be a Sutherland just running around doing his thing or it might be a interesting story but the first 2 eps give no clue.

Wasn't terrible thou apart from the usual need to give the male lead Tony Stark style quips to the point it almost turns into a parody. God i hate that shite.

• Like 1

Just finished The Leftovers, great ending and last episode.

Didn't think much of it all during the first season with some stupid characters and weird cults but the penultimate episode was great and I was intrigued enough to carry on, background viewing mainly, but very glad I did.

Excellent overall, and great music throughout.

• Like 2

Alaska Daily, addictive. Got through all eight episodes currently available on Disney, in two nights.

Hilary Swank is rather good.

I sense a KW.gif incoming...

18 hours ago, sne said:

Just watched the 2 opening eps of Rabbit Hole starring Kiefer Sutherland.

Honestly no idea what kind of show it's going to be as it was a bit all over the place. You get the usual super skilled protagonist who is set up in some conspiracy. The pretty lady who tags along and the agent who knows the protagonist and suspects there might be more to the story. Might turn out to be a Sutherland just running around doing his thing or it might be a interesting story but the first 2 eps give no clue.

Wasn't terrible thou apart from the usual need to give the male lead Tony Stark style quips to the point it almost turns into a parody. God i hate that shite.

It simply cannot be worse than Designated Survivor. Honestly, everyone involved in that needs to be pelted with rotten fruit on the hour every hour for a year. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rodders said:

It simply cannot be worse than Designated Survivor. Honestly, everyone involved in that needs to be pelted with rotten fruit on the hour every hour for a year. 

Never bothered with that one 

On 24/03/2023 at 09:12, sne said:

Not really been a fan of the previous two album themed special episodes on Wu-Tang but this one was really good. And Liquid Swords is a classic.

I've been pretty disappointed with S3 of Wu-Tang. Feels like a bit of a mess so far. I really don't care for the "concept" episodes for the solo albums. Felt like a swing a miss to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Yes that was absolutely dogshit writing, Italia Ricci was the only reason I finished it.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

What an actress though 👍

I've already clarified that in a previous post. It's a special kind of talent needed to pull of a character such as Wendy. In fact, I struggle to think of another actor who could portray Wendy in that way without straying into parody. 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2023 at 18:55, Only2McInallys said:

My favourite programme at the the moment is Hunting Hitler on quest late on Saturday night.

It’s a bunch of Americans who postulate Hitler escaped from Germany at the end of the war and ended up in Argentina.

It is the most utterly ridiculous enjoyable programme I have ever watched.Tonight episode is going to have a photograph of Hitler in Argentina,I can’t wait.I know he is going to have a moustache.

I was in Argentina a few years ago and in San Baroloche (their version of the Lake District) they are quite proud of the rumors. In fact they present it with a nod and a wink as though it's true, just an open secret.

Â