Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Finished Squid Games in lightning speed for me. Fantastic, one of the best things I have watched over the last 12 months. Only negative was the absolutely appalling acting by the VIPs, everyone else was great. Loved it a lot. 

coming soon

• Like 1

Started Stranger Things S4 last night. Seems very good, I even enjoy the school first episodes every time, the last scene build up with the basketball match and D&D was superb (hope no one claims a spoiler).

it is teetering a bit too close to genuine horror for me rather than comedy/kids horror though, I’m an absolute wuss with that sort of stuff, never watch it anymore.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

The Orville - New Horizons.

Wow. This new series is really something else. More serious, more action packed, more emotional, more frightening. It's so well written, and so reminiscent of some of the best Next Generation episodes.

Amazing stuff. Billions of times better than any new Star Trek shows (except maybe Lower Decks which I love - haven't seen Strange New Worlds yet though).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

At work, just want to go home, put the kids to bed and start watching the latest Stranger Things episodes.

I have a conundrum. My wife will kill me if I watch it without her. But then I know I could feign surprise on a second watch. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have a conundrum. My wife will kill me if I watch it without her. But then I know I could feign surprise on a second watch. 

To be fair, I would wait to watch with the other half but it is tempting! 

• Like 1

I did that with season 3 😂

My problem is I told the wife we'd watch umbrella academy first, we had a week to do it... We're 4 episodes in to it 

Stranger Things at 2.5 hours per episode will take us about 7 or 8 sittings thanks to the kids 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My problem is I told the wife we'd watch umbrella academy first, we had a week to do it... We're 4 episodes in to it 

Stranger Things at 2.5 hours per episode will take us about 7 or 8 sittings thanks to the kids 

Can totally relate to that! 

think episode 8 is around 90mins (can manage that in one sitting) but episode 9 is around 140mins, which will definitely take two sittings - that’s our weekend viewing sorted though 😂

Oh, anyone else annoyed with the sound levels though? Speech is way down (or normal) and any action or music (and yeah the soundtrack is banging) is cripplingly loud. Fine if I’m on my own but with wife downstairs not watching it, I’ve got the remote in my hand constantly flicking up and down.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'm finding out all about this.  Got a right backlog of programmes/films building up.

16 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The Orville - New Horizons.

Wow. This new series is really something else. More serious, more action packed, more emotional, more frightening. It's so well written, and so reminiscent of some of the best Next Generation episodes.

Amazing stuff. Billions of times better than any new Star Trek shows (except maybe Lower Decks which I love - haven't seen Strange New Worlds yet though).

I’ve not started the new ones yet, but really enjoyed the previous series. It’s not LOL funny, but it was a more than decent watch. 

Â