Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Tokyo Vice is excellent.

I thought it was a one season wrap up but looks like it will have.a season 2 - gonna have to buy the book as I am definitely in need of knowing what happens next

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Damned if I did. And I've no idea who Nas is, but I was glad when it stopped. 

I'm going to go OT here 

For me it's the start of hip hop, not overly interested in anything that came before, its an absolutely seminal album, I like hip hop that tells a story, that tells me of the rappers life and illmatic is probably still the best example of it, its like he's a reading a book, the lyrics are so vivid it's incredible and that's before you go in to the beats and then his cadence and delivery, it's a stunning piece of work

I'm not an out and out hip hop head so it's not like I listen to it all the time or I think every tracks a banger but I'd happily say in terms of quality it's top 5 and in terms of importance I'd have it as number 1

Going back to Ozark I'm not entirely sure where it fits beyond the idea that she was sleep deprivated and she's not sleeping because sleep is the cousin of death (the name of the episode and Nas lyric) 

Edit - there's a documentary on the album called time is illmatic, its good, not too long either 

Edited by villa4europe

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd happily say in terms of quality it's top 5 and in terms of importance I'd have it as number 1

Christ. That is actually the best that godawful genre produced? 

I'm genuinely baffled. 

• Like 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

"We Own This City" has started but I'll wait til they've all aired before bingeing.

Same here, looking forward to it thou.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nicho said:

What a show Ozark is!

Great end to the series, sad it’s over. 

Without any spoilers  - does it actually END, with no teasers for another series? 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Without any spoilers  - does it actually END, with no teasers for another series? 

Spoiler

It does end and well for me. It could have another series if they wanted one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

What a show Ozark is!

Great end to the series, sad it’s over. 

I'm on episode12 of the final series and will finish the series this weekend. As you say it is brilliant.  

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

How many times did people say "I hope Wendy dies" while watching Ozark? 

I'm currently on around 12 times an episode 

She’s played so so well! She is such an odious cow 😂

this show is one of the greatest ever with two of the best characters in Ruth Langmore and Marty Byrde. 

Both are phenomenally acted. 

we’ve just started the first episode of season 4 part 2. It really is brilliant. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

this show is one of the greatest ever with two of the best characters in Ruth Langmore and Marty Byrde. 

Both are phenomenally acted. 

we’ve just started the first episode of season 4 part 2. It really is brilliant

Three eps into this final (?) batch, and yeah, it's very good. I have some questions, though.

1. How did they dispose of Xavier's body? 

2. After the Darlene/Wyatt murder, the farm was a crime scene, crawling with police. And they didn't search it and find the heroin?

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Three eps into this final (?) batch, and yeah, it's very good. I have some questions, though.

Reveal hidden contents

1. How did they dispose of Xavier's body? 

2. After the Darlene/Wyatt murder, the farm was a crime scene, crawling with police. And they didn't search it and find the heroin?

Spoiler

1 - good point. It’s not like they were in the Ozarks and I can’t imagine the pharma boss would be much help. 

2. My guess is that the local cops know about the set-up and turned a blind eye (bearing in my mind the sheriff was on the payroll until he was killed)

It’s no doubt been observed before but it’s a curious quirk that while Bill Grundy wouldn’t have been happy losing his job and the subsequent demise of his career following that interview, if it didn’t happen, he probably wouldn’t be remembered now. 

Strange how things play out.

Â