Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Seems I'm behind everyone else with Stranger Things. Only started it tonight and already four episodes in. I've always struggled with horror but this one has really got me. First time I've had shivers down the spine since the scene behind Winkies in Mulholland Drive.

Totally gripped.

• Like 1

finally finished Narcos and while its good mainly due to Wagner Moura presence I do think it is very overrated. a lot of the acting was wooden especially by some of the main characters like Murphy. also it was a story that could have been wrapped up in one extended season instead of bringing in boring side stories like Limon

as I said Moura deserves a number of awards for his role as a lesser actor would have made it worse

On 22 September 2016 at 23:30, Rodders said:

finally got around to watching season 2 of Fargo. 

Christ, it is outstanding TV. Cannot decide which season I prefer, both of the highest quality. 

"you gotta stop stabbin him" is one of my favourite lines. :lol:

It is brilliant TV, episode 9 being one of the best hours of television I've ever watched.

The last episode though? Totally pointless and a letdown. Not enough to ruin the season for me though, or to stop me recommending it to others, it was just unnecessary. I realise it must be incredibly hard to tell a story well within a specified set of episodes and to try to get the balance of pace just right though, so I'll let it off.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

finally finished Narcos and while its good mainly due to Wagner Moura presence I do think it is very overrated. a lot of the acting was wooden especially by some of the main characters like Murphy. also it was a story that could have been wrapped up in one extended season instead of bringing in boring side stories like Limon

as I said Moura deserves a number of awards for his role as a lesser actor would have made it worse

Moura was superb, as was Pedro Pascal (who I've a bit of a man crush on ever since his spell in Game of Thrones) but I think you're being a bit harsh on Boyd Holbrook. I think he was fine and has a good voice for narration, I just think his character was pretty plain compared to the other lead's. His whole rage thing and marital problems that weren't really problems were kinda blink-and-you-miss-it and after that he was pretty anonymous and was just along for the ride. Not the actor's fault, imo.

I don't think the show is overrated either. I was hooked from start to finish and ploughed through both seasons inside a week. Very good TV, especially considering the story was somewhat constrained by the fact it's based on a true story.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

god **** dammit I forgot :lol: 

It was very good.  Old school Dwarf.  Original writers too, and the cast clearly have an anti-ageing pact with the devil.

On 26.9.2016 at 01:27, V01 said:

Macguyver reboot - DO NOT BOTHER

Exorcist reboot - pretty good.

Thought the same. Exorcist can still go either way, but the start was very intriguing. Made me want to go and re-watch the original. Macgyver was similar to Scorpion in just about every way, I thought. Not for me. 

On 26/09/2016 at 11:04, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"Designated Survivor" S01E01

Really enjoyed episode 1.  Basically all of the Senate + Congress is blown up.  

There is always 1 who is kept separate so this person becomes the president but he is only the Housing Secretary. 

8/10.

IMDB LINK

" only the Housing Secretary"? Its only bleedin' Jack Bauer! 

Saw the trailer and does look good. I like to binge watch though so may wait until all episodes are out then blast through it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Finished the latest season of Ray Donovan last night. 

What a great show, with some brilliant characters. 

Already looking forward to season 5!

Voight plays the slimy dodgy father to perfection! 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Voight plays the slimy dodgy father to perfection! 

Mickey Donavon is such a selfish prick of a character but somehow Voight makes him both loveable and loathable! (he has the sneer down to a tee!)

Eddie Marsan as Terry is superb too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Luke Cage trailer looks good

Do I need to have watched other Marvel shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones) in order to watch Luke Cage?

Calling @Chindie :)

Probably not.

I haven't seen it obviously but the Netflix shows have so far had fairly inconsequential cross overs - a recurring supporting character, and some references is about it. Luke is a supporting character in Jessica Jones but I doubt much that happens there will affect his solo show.

Of course you should watch them anyway because they're great ;)

• Like 1

Agree you should watch them because they're great

luke cage looks like his set up story (although they could use flashbacks) which means that it will be before Jessica Jones, my question would be if they can keep all 4 series going and the defenders or if they'll merge them, the obvious one being cage and Jones but it sounds like using Harlem as the setting as a great use of a hip hop soundtrack they've managed to make Luke cage tonally different

Â