Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:
  Hide contents

I thought he did it personally, the police may have planted some of the evidence but if you review the rest of the evidence the documentary left out I would probably have said guilty if I was on that Jury.

Not sure on the kids involvement as its really dependent on if Steven did murder or kidnap that woman.

Making a Murderer.

Spoiler

Beyond reasonable doubt? Nonsense. As has said he not clever enough, people just confuse and take the time he'll never confess because he didn't do it, well didn't do it how they tried to claim, unless he bleached a whole garage and house, in every corner oh and nobody noticed a car key after 6 searches of a small room, which didn't have any of the owners DNA on it.

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:
2 hours ago, VillaForever1970 said:
  Hide contents

Beyond reasonable doubt? Nonsense. As has said he not clever enough, people just confuse and take the time he'll never confess because he didn't do it, well didn't do it how they tried to claim, unless he bleached a whole garage and house, in every corner oh and nobody noticed a car key after 6 searches of a small room, which didn't have any of the owners DNA on it.

Yeah that pretty much sums up my feelings. 

Hide contents

I'm astonished that any confession from Brendan was taken seriously. Like I said that bit really upset me because, like you, I'm pretty certain he did nothing wrong, and nothing he said was worth anything because he just said what the cops wanted him to say.
If any of them ever get out, it will be Brendan. 

Spoiler

Just look at the other evidence that wasn't included in the documentary, I found this on another website so I'm only assuming its correct but some of it is quite damning.

— The documentary said that part of Avery’s criminal past included animal cruelty. To my recollection, it didn’t specify exactly what that animal cruelty was. I know that for some of our readers, knowing is enough to want to see Avery get the death sentence regardless of whether he murdered Halbach: He doused a cat in oil and threw it on a bonfire (this is not relevant to the murder trial, but it certainly diminishes the sympathy some of us felt for him).

— Past criminal activity also included threatening a female relative at gunpoint.

— In the months leading up to Halbach’s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.

— Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn’t want to go out to Avery’s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.

— On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

— The bullet with Halbach’s DNA on it came from Avery’s gun, which always hung above his bed.

— Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he’s purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he’d had a tumultuous relationship — at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).

— Here’s the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey’s illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach’s car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don’t believe the police would plant — or know to plant — that evidence.

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:
  Hide contents

Just look at the other evidence that wasn't included in the documentary, I found this on another website so I'm only assuming its correct but some of it is quite damning.

— The documentary said that part of Avery’s criminal past included animal cruelty. To my recollection, it didn’t specify exactly what that animal cruelty was. I know that for some of our readers, knowing is enough to want to see Avery get the death sentence regardless of whether he murdered Halbach: He doused a cat in oil and threw it on a bonfire (this is not relevant to the murder trial, but it certainly diminishes the sympathy some of us felt for him).

— Past criminal activity also included threatening a female relative at gunpoint.

— In the months leading up to Halbach’s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.

— Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn’t want to go out to Avery’s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.

— On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

— The bullet with Halbach’s DNA on it came from Avery’s gun, which always hung above his bed.

— Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he’s purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he’d had a tumultuous relationship — at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).

— Here’s the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey’s illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach’s car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don’t believe the police would plant — or know to plant — that evidence.

Some of those points are mentioned in the program and its clear Avery wasnt perfect, but beyond reasonable doubt? Come off it.

Spoiler

Explanation for the 2 police officers who were specifically not meant to be there and been interviewed as part of the law suit? As said in the program he had a car crusher, why not just crush the car?

Currently enjoying Jessica Jones with the girly, we only really watched it on a whim and neither of us particularly enjoy the Marvel stuff, but we've burnt through it and only have one episode to go.

I know Nick Cage is having his own series which we'll watch as we like his character, and the there's The Defenders to come, I've read. Should we also watch Daredevil? Any crossovers? More superhero-y? 

1 hour ago, hogso said:

Currently enjoying Jessica Jones with the girly, we only really watched it on a whim and neither of us particularly enjoy the Marvel stuff, but we've burnt through it and only have one episode to go.

I know Nick Cage is having his own series which we'll watch as we like his character, and the there's The Defenders to come, I've read. Should we also watch Daredevil? Any crossovers? More superhero-y? 

I think Nick Cage would kill to be in anything Marvel at the most. Except Ghost Rider again... ;)

Daredevil is definitely worth watching. It's quite Batman-y, has some very good action, and effectively acts as a double origin story for Daredevil and a villain. I just about prefer it to Jessica Jones. It's not faultless but better than it had any right to be.

As for the wider Defenders stuff, there's a second series of Daredevil due next year which introduces the Punisher, played by Jon Bernthal of Walking Dead fame, a Luke Cage solo series is filming now (and may even be done) and they've just announced the show runner for the Iron Fist which should peg that as a late 2016/early 2017 release.

The series so far don't have much crossover, besides Rosario Dawson's character appearing across them (she has a much bigger role in Daredevil), there are loads of references and Easter eggs to the wider universe - subtle references to Iron Fist in Daredevil, call outs to the Avengers, that kinda stuff.

• Like 1

Who would be the antagonist in a defenders series?

I say that because the kingpin was superb but the ninja esque stuff who I don't think they really touched the surface of didn't always hit the mark, still not 100% sure that it was bullseye either

Punisher could send an already very violent show over the top too

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who would be the antagonist in a defenders series?

I say that because the kingpin was superb but the ninja esque stuff who I don't think they really touched the surface of didn't always hit the mark, still not 100% sure that it was bullseye either

Punisher could send an already very violent show over the top too

The villain for the Defenders is an interesting one. This take on the Defenders is street level fighters (traditionally the team had a way more 'cosmic' make up, with the likes of Dr Strange and the Hulk involved) so you need something that fits.

The problem is I can't think of many villains Marvel has that fit the standard and style required to match the Defenders. The Kingpin is a great villain and done very well so far, but whilst he's an imposing figure for Murdoch, the other 3 batter him in seconds. So if you go with him you have a figurehead villain with goons. Maybe someone like Taskmaster? He's a decent foe for all of them, but isn't a top tier villain that belongs in a cinematic release. Saying that I've no idea who has the rights to him.

My bet is they do the Hand, if they continue to dripfeed that group through the series, or, if they use Iron Fist the same way they used the first Cap film, to act as foundation for a lot of the plot of what follows, they might do the Immortal Weapons and do a really, really loose 'inspired by the comic' take on that plotline. That would depend on just how out there they're prepared to play Iron Fist, though, as that comic really goes down the rabbit hole of daft and keeps going. Mysterious hidden kingdoms heavily implied to be in other dimensions, magic kung fu done by a character that is basically Tony Stark with blond hair, dragons...

The Hand would be disappointing, the Immortal Weapons won't happen and would be too stupid or so far removed from the source its just a name... Kingpin and goons would be dull, Taskmaster is a good shout but is very e heavily against it happening...

It's a difficult one.

Edited by Chindie
Spelung

On 12/31/2015 at 11:51, villa4europe said:

Finished the last panthers, enjoyed it, I've seen a couple of things where token Eastern European villains have been in it but I think the war in the baltics is underused, I'd guess it's something most of us can remember

Balkans ;)

• Like 1

Â