Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Mad Men and Silicone Valley was awesome. GOT was shite.

Great ending to Mad Men. Finished perfectly.

I did too, I really liked the end. 

Spoiler

I knew Don had to go back to what he loved, advertising and I love how he used his experience in the retreat to make that iconic coca cola ad. 

I knew Don had to go back to what he loved, advertising and I love how he used his experience in the retreat to make that iconic coca cola ad.

It's not totally clear that that's what happened. There is a viable theory (one I'm not really on board with, mind you) that the Coke ad is illustrating how advertising continues on.

It's not totally clear that that's what happened. There is a viable theory (one I'm not really on board with, mind you) that the Coke ad is illustrating how advertising continues on.

It's not clear like many endings that require people to exercise their mind and connect the dots at little bit. It's pretty obvious to me and you what the writers wanted to imply. They can also enjoy people trying to come up with some other possible scenarios. But McCann Ericson made that coke ad 4 months after when the ending of Mad Men is set. Also it's such a famous ad that they want to sort of end with Don making his masterpiece. 

• Like 1

Silicon Valley was good this week but I can't help feeling they have compromised this season with a view to extending the show later on. Not much has happened so far and its quite irritating knowing its another year to wait for things to really kick into gear.

• Like 1

Silicon Valley was good this week but I can't help feeling they have compromised this season with a view to extending the show later on. Not much has happened so far and its quite irritating knowing its another year to wait for things to really kick into gear.

Ya I really thought it would kick on this year but no joy, best episode of the season so far though.

It's not clear like many endings that require people to exercise their mind and connect the dots at little bit. It's pretty obvious to me and you what the writers wanted to imply. They can also enjoy people trying to come up with some other possible scenarios. But McCann Ericson made that coke ad 4 months after when the ending of Mad Men is set. Also it's such a famous ad that they want to sort of end with Don making his masterpiece. 

Yeah I saw it as this too. 

Ya I really thought it would kick on this year but no joy, best episode of the season so far though.

The let blaine die swot analysis was hilarious, i paused it and read most of the notes

• Like 1

The let blaine die swot analysis was hilarious, i paused it and read most of the notes

didn't think to do that but will tonight.  :thumb:

they are all here 

http://tinyurl.com/q9tzmoe

Edited by Folski

On Mad Men.

I think the ending showed how hollow his new found happiness is. He is left with nothing but himself. The key contrast is between the montage and Don's final scene. Everyone has moved on and found happiness among others, Don is alone. Whether he left to make that Coke ad is immaterial. FWIW I don't think he did; the show avoided revisionist history and I see no reason why it would end on that. There are enough ambiguities to suggest he may have done but I don't think it matters. If it did, they would have shown it.

• Like 1

Anyone watch Forever? It's annoyingly been cancelled after one season but I really liked it, was extremely clever and funny. Ioan Gruffudd was very good.

I'm halfway through and I do enjoy it but I can see why it's been cancelled, Gruffudd and his 'son' aside, the other characters are pretty useless or cliched and the policework is pretty amateurish relative to many of the shows out there. If that had been better it had potential, as Ioan plays the lead very well.

Started watching Sopranos last week, trying to space out the episodes, it's not a show I can binge on, but it's superb stuff.

Watched first episode of Wayward Pines. I like it.. I think! It gave a lot away in the opening episode...

Just finished Gomorra.

I genuinely cannot recommend it highly enough.

Absolutely breathtaking TV.

Bloody excellent show. Soon get used to the subtitles. Ciro is brilliant. Cant help but root for him over the numpty savastano's seeing as Don Pietro seems to make bad decision after bad decision, and Genny is a joke for most of the season.

It's like a darker more gritty italian version of the sopranos. Any more foreign shows like this i may have missed out on? 

Only 1 season in and for me, its already near 'the wire' / 'sopranos' / 'breaking bad' in terms of how gripping it is

Romanzo Criminale, set in 70's Rome, is meant to be another good one, but I've never seen it myself. Really enjoyed Gomorra, hope they do another season.

• Like 1

season 2 of Gommorah has been confirmed for 2016 so i heard...

Another show i stumbled upon this week was 'The thick of it' with Peter Capaldi.

Cannot believe i missed it first time round. I binge watched all of it over 3 days. First couple of seasons had crying with laughter. Brilliant tv.

Was raving about Gohmorra on here ages ago. One of the best TV shows I've seen in a long long time.

HOWEVER

Having since watch Romanzo Crimanle, I was EVEN more blown away by that. It really is perfection. 2 seasons of brilliance and defo belong with the Wire and Sopranos. It ends spectacular as well with all loose ends tied up which is a rarity. I urge anyone who likes Gohmorrah or The Sopranos to watch it.

thanks chaps, Romanzo Crimanle sounds right up my street, im trying to 'acquire' it now but cant find any versions with uk subtitles. also, is it a tv show based on the film, or does the show pick up after the film?

I'm finding Game of Thrones abit underwhelming so far this season, and with Mad Men over im looking for something new.

Having said that....4th June......Hannibal season 3 baby yeah! 

Edited by carlitobrigante

Â