Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yawn: May aswell lock this down for a week or so until something happens, right now it is painfully slow. It's going to break out at some point but it's becoming tiresome just speculating, if the ITK thread was going it would at least add a bit of fun.

Sky sports Rumours has us about to table bid for Andre Pierre Gignac , 11 Mill , I know its unsubstantiated Balls but, wondered what you all thought of this guy??
My first thought was who?

Scored quite a few goals in the fesnch league, but i think he is crap, he looked for for france(who didnt) in the WC

He was the worst player on the pitch in the first leg of the Ireland-France qualifier. He also looks slow and overweight...

Sky sports Rumours has us about to table bid for Andre Pierre Gignac , 11 Mill , I know its unsubstantiated Balls but, wondered what you all thought of this guy??
My first thought was who?

Scored quite a few goals in the fesnch league, but i think he is crap, he looked for for france(who didnt) in the WC

He was the worst player on the pitch in the first leg of the Ireland-France qualifier. He also looks slow and overweight...

In that case we will probably sign him :D

Aston Villa under the new UEFA rules would not be eligible to participate in Europe, is it any wonder why we have a sell to buy policy?

No Phil, it cant be a reason like that, or because of the recession, or due to the fact that we never manage to fill the ground so we can get the revenue in that we need.

It's because Randy doens't trust MON with the money, however he is happy to keep him on as manager in the mean time, surely that is obvious?

I would respectfully suggest that should the owner had lost trust in the manager to the extent that he is not giving him responsibility for identifying new signings then he would have removed the manager by now, or MON would have walked

Apologies, I was taking the pee out of previous posters claiming that the lack of signings was down to Randy losing faith in MON.

I think Gignac would do very well with the wide service we have and has enough strength to play the English game, but 11m is too much, given how poor the French WC showing was and that he's not at a club like of Lyon or Bordeaux. ~7m would be worth the gamble, imo.