Jez

Its not exactly like he unearthed Young and Milner as gems though, is it? Both were highly coveted before they joined us; he paid nearly £10m for Young and £ 12m for Milner. They were the shining stars of a pretty abysmal transfer record.

That ludicrous price for the very average Steven Fletcher is MON at his very best though. I wonder how much he will be on? £ 70 grand a week?

Sunderland are going to enjoy the ride when he flounces out of there in three years time. I wonder what other overpaid cloggers he has in store...

£14M bid accepted for Fletcher.. typical MON signing.

Overpriced.

Knowing MON he will probably have Fletcher scoring like Ronaldo in no time.

Or.......He will fall out with him, sign another striker and play Fletcher as a last resort.

Or........He will play right back.

Alex Song is hugely under-rated in the PL. I have no problem believing he has the ability to do Busquets' or Mascherano's role quite easily.

Alex Song is hugely under-rated in the PL. I have no problem believing he has the ability to do Busquets' or Mascherano's role quite easily.

yep, he would make perfect sense for barca to sign if it wasnt for biscuits and mascherano already being there

unless they see mascherano as playing as CB all season (they are pretty weak there anyway IMO puyol is old, bartra and muniesa arent ready) i dont think they need him, they would be better off just buying a CB

yep, he would make perfect sense for barca to sign if it wasnt for biscuits and mascherano already being there

unless they see mascherano as playing as CB all season (they are pretty weak there anyway IMO puyol is old, bartra and muniesa arent ready) i dont think they need him, they would be better off just buying a CB

For all the laughs we get at the likes of Milner, Johnson and Dzeko sitting on City's bench, I think Barcelona are one of the culprits of stockpiling superfluous players they don't need as well. For a neutral like me, players of the quality of Mascherano and Pedro should not be sitting on the bench or forced to play out of position.

They really should be out trying to get a new centreback - Puyol's legs aren't going to last forever - and not go gallivanting around Europe trying to add another marquee signing to their imbalanced squad.

I expect Moutinho to be a Spurts player vehh soon now. M'Vila to Arsenal is the general concensus.

It's funny how Jean Makoun has, in a way, enabled Alex Song to go to Barcelona :)