The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Leverkusen leaked 9 goals to a less than great United team and Schalke looked poor in this phase as well. Maybe its too early to say Bundesliga is best in the world

I don't think anybody thinks it is ability wise.  I think Villa would beat a lot of teams in that league.

It's just the the whole ethos and passion and general entertainment value that's making it so popular.

• Like 1

Monchengladbach as an area didn't really appeal to me 

I must fight you.

It was a Sunday game, the town was dead (we knew this would be the case) the game was fantastic, and we're going back to watch Schalke v BMGB in April.  Ground is miles from the centre too. Don't take it personally ;)

Leverkusen leaked 9 goals to a less than great United team and Schalke looked poor in this phase as well. Maybe its too early to say Bundesliga is best in the world

Indeed. They have the best team in the world though, Bayern..and would have the 2nd best if Bayern didn't keep buying thier players in Dortmund.

I just love watching Dortmund play such a 'pretty' creative team going forward...although they've had recent defeats to Bayern and Arsenal in both those matches they created endless chances.

Mkhitaryan looks a great buy, Aubameyang gives them some pace when needed...he's very fast!

I hope they go far in the CL and smash a few "English" teams on the way.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

Werder Bremen got blasted 7 nil by Bayern Munich.

Is this the year Bremen go down. Bit like us in that for the last few years they've sold their best players like Diego and Marin and the replacements have been substandard and they've been on the fringes last few years.

Were they ever in it?  Even as somebody who hardly follows the league this season looked like it was going to be a precession for Bayern Munich. When they won in Dortmund recently it was all over bar the shouting, results which have happened since are largely academic.  I guess that's what happens when one club can just take the other's best player off of them.  If Lewandowski goes to Bayern next summer then I think this Dortmund team could break up. Maybe Klopp will feel he has taken them as far as he can and will be open to offers from a certain club from Trafford...  

Said it in the other thread, but Bayern basically have the title wrapped up until Pep leaves.

The other teams just can't compete.

Is it because of pep or because they can take the best players from every team? Even a decent manager could win the league with bayern, the only reason they didn't every other year for a while is cause they were badly run.

Doofmund
Schalke

If it wasn't for the Neverkusen game, we could have had a Nordrhein-Westfalen clean sweep.  Fun fact; between them, Max Kruse and Raffael have scored twice as many goals this season as Luuk De Jong has in his Gladbach career to date, with both of them together having cost almost half of De Jong's transfer fee.

Es ist eine lustige alte Spiel.

Said it in the other thread, but Bayern basically have the title wrapped up until Pep leaves.

The other teams just can't compete.

Is it because of pep or because they can take the best players from every team? Even a decent manager could win the league with bayern, the only reason they didn't every other year for a while is cause they were badly run.

just like at Barcelona he had an awesome base and he will get more credit from people for being a great manager. id be no Pep fan 

That was a shocking loss and completely threw the form book out the window.  That was the first time this season they've failed to score at home.  It was their first home defeat of the season. It was their first consecutive defeat of the season.  Dusseldorf had lost 4 of their last 5 games.  Now we're right back in the mix with the rest of you lot ;):P

All. Was hoping some of you can help as i'm not to knowledgeable when it comes to German football.

I'm thinknig of getting my dad a ticket to go to a Dortmund game for Christmas. The game I have in mind is Dortmund vs Hoffenheim on the 3rd of May. This will be their last home game of the season.

Does anyone know how easy/hard it will be to get tickets for say 6 people? Do they sell out every game or do they generally have tickets available as they have such a big ground? 

Also - does anyone have experience of getting tickets sent to the UK from them? Or do you have to pick them up there? 

Any help/advice would be mostly appreciated.

Â