Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

50 minutes ago, chappy said:

Stirling is a great player, should have an IPL deal really but reckon he’s underrated as he’s Irish and out of shape.

He was absolutely unreal for Southern Brave last year as well. 

Defo underrated. 

• Like 1

Yep , Stirling a very good signing for Warks. However, I'm still recovering from the Commentator (might have been PSL) describing him as standing at "one and a half slip'.

Jimmy Anderson is all over the NZ top order so far.

Really makes you wonder how or why anyone thought it would be a good idea to drop him and Broad at a time when there’s barely anyone fit enough to come close to rivalling them.

• Like 1

12 for 4 in the first hour!? 

It's the hope that kills ya. We'll outdo them with 9 for 4. 😅  

(Just kidding. We might not, fingers crossed).

Apparently we've only won 1 of our last 17 test matches! Good grief. And I think it's been something like 10 matches since that win, whoever that was against. (Belgium?) 🤔 Will this match finally be the end of our winless run???

Edited by robby b

No. It won't.

We had a chance to get them out for less than 100 and again we haven't managed it. And for us to win a test these days that's what we need to do, bowl out the other team for under a hundred (as we have so many abject batting collapses). 🙄

Good first day at the office for Stokes and McCullum so far! Even managed to wangle Parkinson into the team.

Crawley needs to stop making pretty 30s and make some bigger scores!

25 minutes ago, chappy said:

Good first day at the office for Stokes and McCullum so far! Even managed to wangle Parkinson into the team.

Crawley needs to stop making pretty 30s and make some bigger scores!

Parkinson’s only in because Leach stacked it this morning trying to save a 4 and somehow managed to get concussion.

The Nathan Baker of cricket.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Parkinson’s only in because Leach stacked it this morning trying to save a 4 and somehow managed to get concussion.

The Nathan Baker of cricket.

Haha yes I was being facetious. Out and about this morning so had the radio comms on, sounded like a shoulder injury - bit of a fishy concussion?

5 minutes ago, chappy said:

Haha yes I was being facetious. Out and about this morning so had the radio comms on, sounded like a shoulder injury - bit of a fishy concussion?

Nah definitely an impact with the head and neck as he flipped over the boundary.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, veloman said:

Warwickshire !!! Flatter to deceive; how on Earth could they lose to Leicestershire !

Just a completely unnecessary batting display. When you're chasing 150 you can ease along at one boundary an over. Sometimes it feels that players play t20 shots for t20s sake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Last time I checked the score it was 55-0

:( 

Didn't even know there was a test match on today until now (almost 11.30pm) and a fine bowling display followed by abject batting is no surprise whatsoever 🙄

I don’t get Stuart Broads approach to batting these days.

He just swings hard at everything but he can bat, he has a century to his name (ill fated admittedly but still) and earlier in his career was being lauded as a genuine all rounder to replace Flintoff.

I know he struggled big time with that one that caught him under the helmet grill years ago but it really annoys me now that he just swings hard and gets out quickly almost every single time he bats now.

• Like 3

Â