Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well I’d say that sessions probably given NZ the win given that England will likely crumble having to chase anything above 150

I agree. Yet another England batting collapse and defeeat incoming. In fact I don't think England will ever win a test match again, unless the ICB invite some new countries to join test cricket, like San Marino, Honduras, Ecuador, Luxemburg and Bulgaria.

Edited by robby b

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In a match celebrating the life of one of the best spinners of all time (Warne) i have to say that I’ve been underwhelmed with Parkinson so far.

Shane Warne took 1/150 on debut to be fair to Parkinson after 9 overs of his test career :lol:

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

I also have a feeling we'll be out for 150. But... if Crawley manages to score nearly 50 again (like in the 1st innings) or if Lees gets that much then it might be close... if one of the middle order actually turns up this time !

Edited by robby b

I genuinely have no idea what the solution to England's batting is.  McCullum has his work cut out to transform this team, even having the bowlers bowl out the opposition for not much over 100 isn't enough these days.  Hopefully Root can bail us out again.  I feel a bit sorry for Pope, he's head and shoulders above everyone else in county cricket but at Test level he seems very Ramprakash.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, robby b said:

Both openers out for a combined 29. All over. Cue guaranteed collapse.

It's well on the way now.  Lose another soon and they'll be lucky to match the first innings score let alone achieve their third highest run chase. 

We just don't seem to have ANY batsmen who can stick around.  Even previously competent batters have gone all to hell. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s a genuine lack of technique at the moment, and possibly preparation in my opinion (with the bat).

We are reaping the rewards for neglecting the red ball game in this country for years. All the new batters are like competition winners. Crawley, Lees, Pope, Lawrence. Sibley, Hameed, Malan and Denly all average in the 20s at test level. Burns just about averages 30. Not good enough.

Stokes, Root and Bairstow (sometimes) are the only decent batters we have. 

• Like 1

Beautiful day of cricket. I mean Root and Stokes aside we are woeful, but you can also say the same about New Zealands batting. All on Root and Foakes to get us mostly there you'd think. 

60/40 to us. Instantly flip that if we lose a wicket very early tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Root needs to be there at the end of we’re going to win this.

That Broad over with the three wickets in earlier was absolutely electric. Show that to people who think test cricket is dead, turned the game on its head in an instant. De Grandhomme will be kicking himself if they lose.

• Like 1

Â