Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Aside from Test Cricket, am I right in thinking that there is a NORTHANTS supporter on here ? They look like coming up don't they? Good to have another Midland County up.(instead of bl**dy Southerners 😁)

Has there ever been an Ashes series with so few centuries? I think Smith and Stokes are the only batsmen with more than one century to their name this series, and Burns, Wade and Labuschagne are the only other batsman to have scored centuries.

Every match seems to have been characterised by lots of starts, lots of fifties, but very few batsman really camping out and playing a proper test innings. Never really seen anything like it.

Anyway, fair play to Joe Root with that wicket!

Fair play, that was a pretty good display from England all round in this test. 

To draw the series showed a bit of character, if nothing else. The Aussies were the better side overall during the series, so they’ve done pretty well to hang in there. 

Some questions to be asked ahead of the winter tours, but I still think this is a decent test side overall, with potential to be a really good one. 

• Like 1

I can’t get carried away by this win myself. Don’t think the Aussies were that up for it after retaining the ashes a few days before. 

Archer is massive positive. Denly has showed enough to retain his place as opener.  Broad outstanding throughout but has said he will retire from test cricket soon. So having to replace Anderson and Broad is massive. See a few years of transition in test cricket 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Has there ever been an Ashes series with so few centuries? I think Smith and Stokes are the only batsmen with more than one century to their name this series, and Burns, Wade and Labuschagne are the only other batsman to have scored centuries.

Every match seems to have been characterised by lots of starts, lots of fifties, but very few batsman really camping out and playing a proper test innings. Never really seen anything like it.

Anyway, fair play to Joe Root with that wicket!

Battimg is garbage these days. Too many impatient players playing Test cricket who think in one day mode

• Like 1

Â