Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I can’t get carried away by this win myself. Don’t think the Aussies were that up for it after retaining the ashes a few days before. 

Archer is massive positive. Denly has showed enough to retain his place as opener.  Broad outstanding throughout but has said he will retire from test cricket soon. So having to replace Anderson and Broad is massive. See a few years of transition in test cricket 

Listening to their interviews after the match, they seemed pretty gutted to me that they hadn’t won the series. It’s not so much the bowling department for England that concerns me as the batting. Hard to see where the big scores are going to come from.

• Like 1

England were pretty crap with the bat, bar some individual performances, throughout the whole series so they must be elated with drawing the Ashes. 

Australia on the other hand must be gutted they didn't finish the job properly. 

It's frustrating, that England have drawn the series because they've played badly throughout and made some individual and team errors (shot and batting line up  choices particularly). 

If only they'd got their act together, we couldve been celebrating a series win. 

however, regardless of the series result, the Stokes inspired headingly match was fantastic! 

48 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Australia were pretty crap with the bat too barring the obvious.  Their openers were horrendous.

Yea, I can't see Warner or Harris really coming back from this.  Warner had what?  One 30-something to his name?  And Bell used to be called binary!

What other options have they got?  their 3 & 4 look well set, their bowlers are pretty great. 

If they get 1 or 2 decent batsmen, they'll be extremely dangerous. 

More or less, England are in the exact same position - find openers, everything else looks ok, bar a mid-order rejig and **** Bairstow off :P  

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, I can't see Warner or Harris really coming back from this.  Warner had what?  One 30-something to his name?  And Bell used to be called binary!

What other options have they got?  their 3 & 4 look well set, their bowlers are pretty great. 

If they get 1 or 2 decent batsmen, they'll be extremely dangerous. 

More or less, England are in the exact same position - find openers, everything else looks ok, bar a mid-order rejig and **** Bairstow off :P  

Warner made 61 in 1 innings alone but made 34 runs from his other 9 innings. Flat track bully and a complete knob to boot. Be glad to see the back of him, the sight of him upsets my serenity!

19 minutes ago, snowychap said:

The worst of the British press. They and the Daily Heil really lower the tone of so called journalism to new levels. It’s not that other papers don’t occasionally overstep the mark ie the Guardian with their comments on Cameron’s son. But these two seem to positively relish being offensive on such a regular basis

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

F**k all newspapers.

No such thing as impartiality any longer, they're all propagating something or someone.

Actually I don’t expect newspapers to be impartial, nice though that might be. They never have been historically. But I do expect a little bit of human decency in their reporting. Have to say, I have traveled pretty extensively in both Europe and the USA....our press are simply the worst. 

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sibley should hsve played himself into the test squad 

Absolutely. Top run scorer in CC1 even before his 215* 

Northeast and Ballance the other picks from the CC1 stats this year. Pope is averaging 70 plus but only played 4 games. 

Hassan Azad from Leics seems decent? 

I guess I am in the minority on this topic but that spike nosed Northerner Lloyd ruins the commentary for me. Did you hear his erudite comments when Luke Fletcher ran on ? Utterly puerile; Brian Johnson, Richie Benaud  et. al. must be turning in their graves. A bit sorry for Notts, their year has been a disaster; but Warks up to THIRD from bottom now !!!!!!

Â