Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Liking Lollipop atm. The only thing I dislike is the fact that when you hold the power button there's no option to make it silent or vibrate. Just a minor thing. Really looking the way it looks though.

I always thought that was a bit pointless before as the volume button on the other side does exactly that.

I've had to change the keyboard back to the old style one, really didn't like the letters not being seperated.

Yeah the keyboard has taken a little getting used to but I like the look of it. I mainly use the swipe feature anyway.

I've noticed that the Twitter app has gone noticeably slower when loading things since the update, reckon they'll update the app to fix this i hope.

Quite a few people are having problems

Clicky

I said earlier that Football Manager wasn't running properly after the update. I reported it on the SI forums and they said as much. They've noticed the problem. Something to do with the "Run Time Environment" changing, whatever that is. So that's probably affecting other apps too.

Edited by Stevo985

I like the keyboard. But then I have been using it since the beta appeared months ago. Like any new os, it takes a bit of getting used to, but overall it is great. The smoothness and speed is very noticeable tha ks to ART. Was dog poor slow on my nexus7 (2012) but did some tweaking via developer options and it works a treat now. My bro in the us has a nexus6 and says it is disgusting good on it.

I don't like the lock screen notifications. Its a good option to have, but I don't like the big rectangular box popping up, and its either that or no notifications.

I preferred just having the icon at the top of the screen

Yeah lollipop final on the nexus 5 isn't great. Hopefully there's a patch on the way. The dev preview seems like it was better.

It's fine for me, no issues at all.

Did you guys do the OTA or flash the factory image?

I got the factory image the day it went up and it's been perfectly fine, way better than the dev preview for me, so maybe the OTA is leaving things behind that it shouldn't be. Might be worth wiping the cache and seeing if that resolves anything.

Flashed from factory. Not sure the last time I did an OTA.

My issues:

Constant launcher redraws

Waze and maps stops Google play music playing and vice versa

Bluetooth streaming randomly redirects audio out of the speaker but thinks it's still over BT

Can get very slow and boggy sometimes

Google now voice search can get really confused sometimes, stopping and starting the listening for voice

Inbox doesn't notify me of new mails even though all settings are correct

Lots of other weird stuff

I was going to wipe tonight and not restore the cloud backup, see how it goes with minimal apps. I can only imagine I've got some dodgy apps causing all this stuff because no-one else seems to have this many issues.

Weird, I'm using Waze and play music all the time whilst driving, and haven't had any issues with that (nor the bluetooth issue). Even when receiving phone calls as well they all work together how I'd expect, so you definitely seem to have something odd going on.

I have had inbox not notifying me of emails though, I just assumed it doesn't tell me about all the crap that it bundles together with all the other crap I haven't read.

Anyone managed to go for a Nexus 9? My dad's in the market four a new tablet as his 2012 7 has died a death. Read the reviews which I mostly read as 'we expected more but it's not necessarily a bad machine' more then anything else. Must admit I kinda like it myself in all honesty.

I have the Nexus 9 and I like it. Its a big upgrade from my nexus 7 2012 edition.

I think most of the sniping was down to the price being so much higher than the Nexus 7, I got mine for £289.00 from Currys with an O2 Priority code but I think they have reduced the price by £10.00 and if you order online you can use a code to knock of an extra £20.00

Thanks. That was my thinking as well in truth.

An iPad is out of the question. The 2012 Nexus 7 is really showing its age so it needs retiring, the Nexus 9 seems the best step up. He doesn't want a Samsung device and the Sony tablets don't inspire either so there isn't much choice. Don't like the price but I think we'll be keeping an eye on the deals this week and leading to Christmas - it can't be selling well, that's for sure. Though perhaps they always expected that...

Weird, I'm using Waze and play music all the time whilst driving, and haven't had any issues with that (nor the bluetooth issue). Even when receiving phone calls as well they all work together how I'd expect, so you definitely seem to have something odd going on.

I have had inbox not notifying me of emails though, I just assumed it doesn't tell me about all the crap that it bundles together with all the other crap I haven't read.

Clearing data for Google Search has cured the launcher issues.

The rest will probably be environment specific so may well be due to my pioneer stereo being a bit old.

There is definitely a bit of a display corruption issue with Waze though, it's pretty well documented.

Â