Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Have you tried a factory reset?

Whilst running the risk of looking siilly, would the potential solution suggest that certain apps are not working in harmony with this OS, or it more to give the whole phone a reboot - a la turning it off and back on again - to see if cures itself?
I believe there is a slow memory leak that requires a reboot after a while, but apart from that the only people with issues are those who did OTA upgrades rather than factory flashes.

That would be me then Darren, as I did an OTA upgrade.

My N7 has practically ground to a halt too, so I'll do a factory reset on that first, as there's little that requires backing up on that device. If it makes a difference I'll do the N5 too.

As I'm typing, the input method on my Google keyboard has automatically switched to Japanese for some reason.  :huh:

As I'm typing, the input method on my Google keyboard has automatically switched to Japanese for some reason.  :huh:

I can confidently say I've never had that happen! :)

I reckon a nice data wipe and you'll be grand. Don't forget to fastboot oem unlock while you're at it ;)

• Like 1

Really getting annoyed with Lollipop on my Nexus 5. Things have started to lag, apps are crashing, the keyboard closes on Gmail, whatsapp and bbm without notice and battery life is no better.

I'll be changing the dialler as it's more fiddly to use with one hand compared to the KitKat and returning to the homescreen see's all widgets and icons gone for a few seconds before reappearing.

This OS needs a patch and soon. Had been looking on enviously at Sony Z3 users ad their battery life. Now I just envy their stable OS.

I'm getting all these issues as well.
Me too! When the keyboard doesn't open it can be so frustrating!

I found that rebooting the phone every so often helps. It's like the animations that come with the material design are quite RAM intensive, meaning multitasking causes the phone to grind to a slow speed.

I can understand there being compatibility issues due to the sheer amount of Android hardware providers, but not this amount for Google devices. I would say that the Nexus 7 2012 is a far more usable tablet when running KitKat.

I can understand there being compatibility issues due to the sheer amount of Android hardware providers, but not this amount for Google devices. I would say that the Nexus 7 2012 is a far more usable tablet when running KitKat.

Mine is more usable on Lollipop. It needed a factory reset though.

Anyone else suffering from the curse of the randomly disappearing google keyboard? Laggy home screens and other little problematic happenings?

Don't know if its my moto g or android but its doing my swede in.

Anyone else suffering from the curse of the randomly disappearing google keyboard? Laggy home screens and other little problematic happenings?

5mtQ2DK.jpg

As for the questions, nope. It's been smooth sailing for me. Missing xposed framework though as it doesn't work with ART.

Yep on both N7 and N5.

Did a factory rest on the N7 and that's really helped, so will be doing the same on the 5.

Did a full reset of my N4 last night to see if improved (my new) battery life.

Nope.

Flat battery's seem to be a big part of my life. I don't use my work 4s very often but was always amazed with its battery life on ios7. Now on ios8 battery life is awful on that too.

Next phone will be purchased with battery life a probably the biggest consideration.

Â