Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So Gb and GB are different?

1d5741309ea65303b436ce736f0acca10c88b065

Like Limpid said, they are.   It's also why broadband providers will often very deliberately advertise their speed as X number of 'gig' as they are happy for their customers to believe that they are talking about gigabytes. 

So Gb and GB are different?

1d5741309ea65303b436ce736f0acca10c88b065

Like Limpid said, they are. It's also why broadband providers will often very deliberately advertise their speed as X number of 'gig' as they are happy for their customers to believe that they are talking about gigabytes.

I feel abused after learning this...

Finally got a HTC desire 820. Simplyelectronics got them in this morning. Never used them before so fingers crossed. Nearly went for the ascend mate 7 but couldn't justify the extra £100.

For £269 the 64GB version is an absolute steal, well worth the wait. It's not quite the flagship killer though because my 'OK goggle' command only works whilst the Google app is open. It's a little niggle and a known issue I can fix it myself, but I can't imagine any flagship having such an issue. It's also not likely to get lollipop for a few months. But the performance and a the screen are incredible, and although CM isn't as appealing as it used to be due to Google catching up, it's still an excellent OS. Overall it's a 9/10 for me, flipping awesome.

• Like 1

What is the point of the devices section on the google play store as there is practically out of stock.

Really really poor Google.

I might get some tshirts made up with "Google - Not available in your country" printed on them.

• Like 4

I've got Google Now always listening (through the google now launcher, thanks rev) but only when I change the language to US English, is this standard? It does actually appear less accurate, and when I put on a stupid american accent it works slightly better. Any idea how to get it to work in the queens English?

My s3 is on its last legs and I'm looking for a new phone, problem I am finding is there isnt a great deal of good small handsets.

Ideally want a phone with a sub 4.5 inch screen. Only real contenders I have seen are Z3 conpact, S5 mini and HTC One Mini. When looking at these i am worried that they will become slow and clunky like my s3 did after 18months.

Â