Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

They have been pretty open about that for a long time.  I've said it a few times now, but more Nexus handsets (Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus) have been sold at this kind of price than have been sold "cheaply" (Nexus 4 & Nexus 5) so the flagship phone for £300 thing may have just been something LG were able to deliver but others werent.   I'm still tentatively interested, I'd like to hold one in my hand and see what the camera is like before I take the plunge. I do feel that the Nexus line of phones isn't as important as it once was to Android due to the way Google have moved core parts of Android to the app store rather than bundling them in system updates, and manufacturers have realised that they actually have to support their handsets after releasing them which is a welcome change from the early days.  

• Like 2

They have been pretty open about that for a long time.  I've said it a few times now, but more Nexus handsets (Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus) have been sold at this kind of price than have been sold "cheaply" (Nexus 4 & Nexus 5) so the flagship phone for £300 thing may have just been something LG were able to deliver but others werent.   I'm still tentatively interested, I'd like to hold one in my hand and see what the camera is like before I take the plunge. I do feel that the Nexus line of phones isn't as important as it once was to Android due to the way Google have moved core parts of Android to the app store rather than bundling them in system updates, and manufacturers have realised that they actually have to support their handsets after releasing them which is a welcome change from the early days.  

Agreed. Until recently I always downloaded whatever vanilla android apps where available as soon as I could. The exception with my new G3 is the keyboard, the LG one is so much better than stock so that one was ignored. 

Will be interested to see how quickly L gets rolled out to non Nexus phones. 

I really really really want the HTC desire 820 so I emailed HTC and even they don't know when it is out. Marvellous.

I've got the email address of the HTC CEO :lol: He was very helpful when I wrote to him to tell him my HTC One S went off for repair and came back with a different fault, then when it went back again it came back with a different fault again :D.

He sent me a brand new One X that day as an apology.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm using the default launcher Google Now launcher at the moment. I plan to have a play with the Aviate launcher at some point, the one I have used the most over the past couple of years is Nova Prime, which they sold for 10p in one of those ridiculous sales that used to regularly happen on the Play Store. 

Edited by The_Rev

Has anyone used any of the launchers on Android? I've started using Apex Launcher Pro to customise my home screen, etc, it definitley opens up a whole world of customisation!

I've used TSF Shell since the day I discovered it. Before that Go Launcher

Nexus 6 reviews are starting to land and they are pretty negative. I think 2015 will be the first year since 2010 that I'm not the owner of a Nexus phone.

So, Z3 owners, can I tap you up for your thoughts on the phone after living with it for a while? Is the camera as good as they say? Is having a dedicated button for the camera a big deal? Battery life? How offensive is Sony's skin and is the PS4 remote play any good?

Â