Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I use it all the time. For some reason I'm not self conscious about talking to a phone. ;)

I like the smart unlock, being able to have trusted places is long overdue. The tabs in Chrome going into the recently used apps menu got turned off instantly.

Each time I unlock the phone it brings up the phone dialler, that's annoying.

EDIT: found the answer to my own problem, depends on which direction I swipe as to which app is launched after the unlock...

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

another quirk, I had a friend request from someone on FB, I didn't recognise her (she wasn't fit) so just ignored it. Now, after the update we're friends...

Absolutely nothing to do with android.

Battery on my Nexus 5 is shocking and was before the update and really like what I have read about the new Moto X but who the hell is selling it.

If you have battery issues then the Moto X is the same capacity as the n5 and almost the same skin. Buy something with replaceable batteries (or just a bigger battery).

I've got a QI charger at work so just sit it on top of that all the time but it's definitely gotten better with Lollipop. I've often wondered about extra charger packs for emergencies though. Something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/13000mAh-External-Technology-Portable-Motorola-Black/dp/B00BQ5KHJW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417041560&sr=8-3&keywords=mobile+battery+pack13,000mAh will keep it going for a few days.

Woken up this morning to find my contacts all messed up.

Some contacts on my phone are now listed as Whatsapp contacts only, and vice versa.

With an incoming call, some numbers come up as numbers, and not the contact person's name. Annoying and very unexpected.

Battery on my Nexus 5 is shocking and was before the update and really like what I have read about the new Moto X but who the hell is selling it.

If you have battery issues then the Moto X is the same capacity as the n5 and almost the same skin. Buy something with replaceable batteries (or just a bigger battery).

Possibly but my Nexus 5 used to be fantastic on battery. Not sure if its signal, wifi or just battery fatigue.

Woken up this morning to find my contacts all messed up.

Some contacts on my phone are now listed as Whatsapp contacts only, and vice versa.

With an incoming call, some numbers come up as numbers, and not the contact person's name. Annoying and very unexpected.

I called my wife yesterday and she said I appeared on her phone as "unknown" number. You've reminded me to look into whether my phone is set to withhold my number since the update.

Â