468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Richards is utter wank. Can't believe his name is mentioned,

25mil + Ireland would be a good deal IF we are going to sell to Citeh. Maybe 24mil +Ireland+Richards.

IF we are going to sell to citeh, and do a player swap as well, then I reckon MON will have a word with Dunne and suss out who fits best. He's had a year in Martin's hothouse and will have an insight that could be invaluable.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the one thing Milner lacks is pace. Almost all top players have it.

Milner has loads of pace. You'd find very few top central midfielders that would be even close to Milner in terms of speed, Ballack, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Essien, Carrick, Alonso, Barry. None of them could get close to Milner in a foot race.

Out of those players at their peak, Milner is quicker than maybe Alonso and Barry. You wouldnt expect Alonso to be quick either, given hes a passer, not a runner.

Milners got a good engine, but no pace. I never used to rate him that highly as a wideman because of his lack of pace, being switched to the middle has made this lack of pace less important and suited him.

He's quicker than Carrick, Barry, Alonso, Scholes, Lampard and Ballack.

Gerrard is a lot quicker than him. I'd say Essien is as well.

I dont think hed be quicker than Scholes, Lampard and Ballack at their peak.

My nans quicker than Carrick so he doesnt count :)

Anyway, dont suppose it matters.

Given the right tutelage and motivation I think Richards could be one of the best attacking full backs in the world.

I agree with this. Potentially Richards is a fantastic RB.

25mil + Ireland would be a good deal IF we are going to sell to Citeh. Maybe 24mil +Ireland+Richards.

IF we are going to sell to citeh, and do a player swap as well, then I reckon MON will have a word with Dunne and suss out who fits best. He's had a year in Martin's hothouse and will have an insight that could be invaluable.

Didn't think of that. Not sure if I could see Martin asking Dickie for advice either though at the same time

Eh,could city not just **** off!!.i could think of other players to get rid of at the club to fund summer transfers,all these rocket polishers trying to rape our club,**** off And scout your own talent..

well said sir!!!!

I'm not sure where all the newspapers are getting their "Milner's head is turned" stories from. England players want to stay focused on the World Cup.

That's why I hope these talks don't piss Milner off. Hopefully he'll understand that we can't afford to wait a month during the WC to look at who to sign. Maybe they'll explain that they want to build the team around him, and view him as our main man, etc etc.

I think the one thing Milner lacks is pace. Almost all top players have it.

Milner has loads of pace. You'd find very few top central midfielders that would be even close to Milner in terms of speed, Ballack, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Essien, Carrick, Alonso, Barry. None of them could get close to Milner in a foot race.

Out of those players at their peak, Milner is quicker than maybe Alonso and Barry. You wouldnt expect Alonso to be quick either, given hes a passer, not a runner.

Milners got a good engine, but no pace. I never used to rate him that highly as a wideman because of his lack of pace, being switched to the middle has made this lack of pace less important and suited him.

He's quicker than Carrick, Barry, Alonso, Scholes, Lampard and Ballack.

Gerrard is a lot quicker than him. I'd say Essien is as well.

I dont think hed be quicker than Scholes, Lampard and Ballack at their peak.

My nans quicker than Carrick so he doesnt count :)

Anyway, dont suppose it matters.

He is quicker than them for sure. He use to run the 100m when he was younger. Not that been a top cm is reliant on been quick.

Now I voted no sale under any circs but I am very surprised,

Personally, as I have argued on here, I don't think Milner is anything special. I think he is a good player, but no means great and there are many many players out there that could be better.

So why vote stay ?

Not for Milner himself , but for the message it sends out to Young / Gabby and any prospective purchase.

Why am I shocked.

Because reading the thread, people are up in arms about selling him, then you look at the poll and 60odd percent (is it 61 ?) say they want him sold as long as we get 30 million.

Wierd

I want to keep Milner, and if we have to sell I'd rather do it to anyone but City, even at a slightly lower price.

But...

"How about £15m plus Hart plus Onuoha plus Ireland?"

Deal.

Id take that lol, i'd value that at around £45m???

If he starts in the WC and plays very well, i guess his value could go up that high.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Claret75 not Jellybean (same keyboard different people :))

A friend of mine who works at the sh*tty city has told me that as a last resort they are prepared to offer......

£30 million plus onuoha, ireland and richards as they are that desperate for him. They think that is a £45 mill total, ohh yes to that!!!! Would still tell them to do one though as i think the boy is class!

£30m for James Milner!

:crylaugh:

This beautiful game of ours is being ruined. However, we have to get on with it. We could really build a squad with that money and get a very decent replacement. Shame Delph got injured because I would have given him the job of filling the void.

I'd sell for that kind of money. Wakey wakey now, everyone. Thirty Million Quid for James Milner. That's more than what Manchester United paid for Wayne Rooney.

I'm strangely unbothered by this speculation.

I mean I'm all for replying to Citeh with a firm '**** off'. But the thing in the back of my mind is if he does go, it'll be for obscene money, the kind of money that added to the kitty can make big things happen to a side (even if it's spent on 3 players say).

And if he doesn't, we've still got Milner, who is as far as we are aware one of the most professional players in the league. It would be an enormous surprise to find that reputation unfounded.

If, for instance, we do sell him for circa £30m, we'll be ripping off Citeh. I like Milner, I like his attitude and his work rate and his ability, and I like that it's Villa that has made him come into his own. But £30m odds worth of player? Nah. Certainly he's worth more than we paid, a lot more now, but I'd figure his value straight up probably at the mid 20s. Double our outlay say. Another 5/6m on that isn't insignificant, and also is most likely an example of Villas hard ball attitude these days - you want him, you'll pay through the teeth for him. We did it with Barry, we'll do it again and again. If he does go, we'll make sure Citeh pay to our liking and not theirs.

And if he doesn't... well, 20 odd million of CM with time on his side still isn't something to be sniffed at.

A friend of mine who works at the sh*tty city has told me that as a last resort they are prepared to offer......

£30 million plus onuoha, ireland and richards as they are that desperate for him. They think that is a £45 mill total, ohh yes to that!!!! Would still tell them to do one though as i think the boy is class!

ill have me some of that!

I could see O'Neill being interested in Richards in any deal / looking at purchasing him in his own right.

I wouldn't be myself as he's not actually learnt anything about being a defender since he came into the side, relying more on his physique when all the best defenders use their brain first. He said Carew was the hardest striker he'd ever had to defend against not long ago. Not being disrespectful to Big John (he is after all a handful for any defender), but I still maintain his difficulty with Carew was because he tried to outmuscle him rather than outplay him. And until he learns to defend with his brain he'll get nowhere.

Probably the reason he looks more reliable as a RB to be honest.

If he learns though, world class potentially. And right up O'Neills street - English, an athlete, and seemingly down to earth if with a bit of swagger. Perhaps Richards is exactly what O'Neill is at the moment looking for in a RB. Maybe even one he's coveted for a long time?

Given the situation that is the exact deal i would want. Out of the players being pushed out of City those three are talents that we could potentially develop brilliantly.

But i am hoping that MON and Randy really hold out and try to squeeze these guys for all they are worth... if we try for too much we may just have to keep Milner :)

Given the situation that is the exact deal i would want. Out of the players being pushed out of City those three are talents that we could potentially develop brilliantly.

But i am hoping that MON and Randy really hold out and try to squeeze these guys for all they are worth... if we try for too much we may just have to keep Milner :)

We all see Milner as a player who can help get us into the CL and with a deal like that he can :lol: cant see them doing it myself