What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

sorry city but one is taking the piss you want him that bad we'll take the 4 and the money or **** off !

'City will offer £20m plus a choice of one of four players in their attempt to lure James Milner from Aston Villa. England internationals Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips, Under-21 star Nedum Onuoha and Republic of Ireland midfielder Stephen Ireland are all being offered as bait.'

I'd be happy with £20 million + Steven Ireland, but as its Man City, I'd push for SWP aswell, I think MON would bring the best out of the lad... but being realistic... £10m + Steven Ireland + SWP

I love milner to bits but if we are in a position to improve our own squad whilst getting a bit of cash at the same time, then...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS.

I've said it plenty of times over the last few weeks. We cannot simply replace Milner with players of the same quality/skill for less money.

We need players that are already at Milner's quality/skill and unfortunately those players cost >£25m.

If there was a player available for £10m that could do the job, do people not think Citeh/Chelsea would be moving for them and saving themselves £20m?

It's only basic logic.

I'm not so sure that City in particular are being as logical about it as you are suggesting. They have foreign owners, a foreign manager, and have many foreign stars - I think they want to look more English, and James Milner is the it boy of the moment for England. I think they want to point to his signing as an indication that they are a local, British club. That's not to say we can definitely find someone as good as him for less, but I think Man City's motivation is not that he's the best they can find for 30 million pounds.

Eh,could city not just **** off!!.i could think of other players to get rid of at the club to fund summer transfers,all these rocket polishers trying to rape our club,**** off And scout your own talent..

I think his personality and work-rate have blinded some people to the fact that he doesn't have world-class technique or talent. This is not a player on the level of Fabregas here, and yet Fabregas is rated at 40m.

See, if Milner played for Arsenal I doubt you'd have that point of view. Milner is a player with tremendous talent. Equally strong with both feet, has very good close control, can pick a pass and will run all day. Yet even our own fans refuse to believe what they see in front of their own eyes.

Milner has the all the attributes to be a superstar except one...... ego.

If Milner had more "swagger" about him he would be a media darling.

I think the one thing Milner lacks is pace. Almost all top players have it.

Milner has loads of pace. You'd find very few top central midfielders that would be even close to Milner in terms of speed, Ballack, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Essien, Carrick, Alonso, Barry. None of them could get close to Milner in a foot race.

Milner has loads of pace. You'd find very few top central midfielders that would be even close to Milner in terms of speed, Ballack, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Essien, Carrick, Alonso, Barry. None of them could get close to Milner in a foot race.

Out of those players at their peak, Milner is quicker than maybe Alonso and Barry. You wouldnt expect Alonso to be quick either, given hes a passer, not a runner.

Milners got a good engine, but no pace. I never used to rate him that highly as a wideman because of his lack of pace, being switched to the middle has made this lack of pace less important and suited him.

Out of those players at their peak, Milner is quicker than maybe Alonso and Barry. You wouldnt expect Alonso to be quick either, given hes a passer, not a runner.

Milners got a good engine, but no pace. I never used to rate him that highly as a wideman because of his lack of pace, being switched to the middle has made this lack of pace less important and suited him.

He's quicker than Carrick, Barry, Alonso, Scholes, Lampard and Ballack.

Gerrard is a lot quicker than him. I'd say Essien is as well.

I don't know whether this has been mentioned or referred to and it is only paper talk and Barry is recovering from his injury but from The Times:

At yesterday’s training session in Irdning, Capello took an extended look at a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Rooney supported by Gerrard, Theo Walcott on the right wing and Aaron Lennon on the left. James Milner looks an increasingly likely starter in midfield.

That would be a brilliant formation in which Milner could thrive either in the place of Lennon/Walcott or as part of the 2 in front of the defence.

Be interesting that.

more square pegs in round holes ..a RM on the left

why not just take a LM and play him there instead

SWP is terrible, older than most think and a straight replacement for Milner?

Ya, he'd look well in CM.

Alright, quit with the sarcasm Insult removed

I'd forgotten Milner now plays in the middle and not wide.

In that case, 30m it is, we don't really need another wide man.

Wright-Phillips is far from terrible aswell.

SWP is terrible, older than most think and a straight replacement for Milner?

Ya, he'd look well in CM.

Alright, quit with the sarcasm Insult removed

I'd forgotten Milner now plays in the middle and not wide.

In that case, 30m it is, we don't really need another wide man.

Wright-Phillips is far from terrible aswell.

No need for that.

SWP looks good in 1 in 5 games, the rest of time he is wasteful or out of the game. The other 3 options, if this story is actually true, offer much better value and have good potential IMO.

The other 3 options, if this story is actually true, offer much better value and have good potential IMO.

ireland's the only option imo

come back and make a bid for richards later on if we like, but i wouldnt include him as part of this

Richards is utter wank. Can't believe his name is mentioned,

i agree, but hes also the kinda player id be fairly sure mon will go for if hes available... then we wont play him

Richards is utter wank. Can't believe his name is mentioned,

Given the right tutelage and motivation I think Richards could be one of the best attacking full backs in the world.

Maybe one day he could even be as good a fullback as Carlos!!! :lol: