What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Something we have done consistently over the last few years as well, I think though that it is more to do with the fans than unsettling somebody.

I said the whole club too. If the player has his head turned, it unsettles other people too. Fans the worst cos they don't really have a clue whats going on.

I meant when Petrov etc speak out at Villa about a player it tends to be because the deal is pretty much done and they are preparing the fans as opposed to speaking out about an opposition player in an attempt to unsettle as our friends from Manchester do.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, Milner is a completey different person to Lescott. Lescott had spent a few years at Everton before he forced his move. Milner may well leave but one things for sure, if he does it will be on MON terms, not Man Citys and thats what would make any move more agreeable, at least to me.

I meant when Petrov etc speak out at Villa about a player it tends to be because the deal is pretty much done and they are preparing the fans as opposed to speaking out about an opposition player in an attempt to unsettle as our friends from Manchester do.

Think you may be looking through claret and blue glasses there. Not heard that a deal for McGeady is done. Most players if are asked a question about a player are just giving an answer.

our club captain is doing the same thing with mcgeady tho

Without trying to justify Petrovs actions Celtic want to sell him and McGeady wants to leave so it's up for public debate.

With all due respect, Milner is a completey different person to Lescott. Lescott had spent a few years at Everton before he forced his move. Milner may well leave but one things for sure, if he does it will be on MON terms, not Man Citys and thats what would make any move more agreeable, at least to me.

I wasn't comparing Lescott to Milner as a person. I was comparing the situation to Lescotts last year. Which, when you look at it, has obvious similarities.

Lescotts move, in the end, was on Moyes terms. He was happy to keep him unless City paid what he wanted after he had made his mind up to sell but only for what he wanted.

Think you may be looking through claret and blue glasses there. Not heard that a deal for McGeady is done. Most players if are asked a question about a player are just giving an answer.

This was my take on Stan. He was asked if McGeady would be a good signing and responded that he thought he would do a good job at Villa if he did come although he didn't know whether he was or not. He is not putting a shirt on him, was not imploring him to come and we are not posting on the official site that McGeady must be keen to come to Villa Park unless I have missed this.

Personally, speaking from the experience of last summer, everything I've seen and heard about this. Smacks of Lescott circa 2009.

City "leak out" to the press early in the summer their interest in the player. Every week the rumour "Man City preparing bid, etc, etc". Bid they know will be rejected made. Then in the papers all the time "Man City readying new bid...". Seeing this every day, knowing whats on offer, it unsettles the player. When the player is unsettled it unsettles other people at the club too.

My guess is they'll wait til a short while before the season starts they'll up the ante with more serious interest. If Villa refuse to sell, it'll be on Milner to try and force the move if he wants to. If he doesn't, who knows what will happen. If he does, they'll wait and give you little time to find a replacement.

Doing it all in the public eye to unsettle your club, try and weaken you and leave it late so you find it more difficult to recover.

I could be wrong but the similarities are there, without a doubt.

I agree. I think that their approach is really disrespectful - even their official site is speculating on Milner's move. This is wrong. Not quite at the Barcelona level but not far off. Uefa really need to step in and stop this.

couldn't agree more, really annoy's me when players talk about players at other clubs.

I wasn't comparing Lescott to Milner as a person. I was comparing the situation to Lescotts last year. Which, when you look at it, has obvious similarities.

Lescotts move, in the end, was on Moyes terms. He was happy to keep him unless City paid what he wanted after he had made his mind up to sell but only for what he wanted.

I agree, Lescott did leave on Moyes terms and they were very good for Everton. My point on the personalities being different is relevant to this discusion, Lescott forced his move, i dont believe its in Milner personality to go about a move in such a way. This weakens Man Citys position.

I'm talking historically, over the last couple of years we've heard from one or two of the squad about a player and then they sign a short while later.

also, at the end of the day loyalty is a two-way street as well............. id say across football there are a lot more players who are sold when they dont want to leave clubs as opposed players forcing moves........

Your comment regarding James Milner a few pages back is a disgrace imo

I thought it was fair. He has got a massive square jaw !!

You'll look pretty daft if he stays

How?? Look back through my posts, im not a fan of Milners and never will be - also, staying or going has no bearing on the squareness of his massive jaw

What?!?

This has to be a wind-up! (the not rating him bit, he does have one seriously square jaw thing going on)

It's immensely attractive. A proper man face.

Lucy.. Afternoon, I don't believe we have been formally introduced! :D

Hi! I'm Lucy, nice to meet you.

....what a joke

can't wait for him to go, another steve hodge.

money in the bank.

Why ? What's he said?

He hasn't said anything.....I just don't rate him in the same class as most Villa Fans

....what a joke

money in the bank.

Why ? What's he said?

He hasn't said anything.....I just don't rate him in the same class as most Villa Fans

That still doesn't make him a S**** H**** ...... sorry, I Can't bring myself to say it! :oops:

Personally, speaking from the experience of last summer, everything I've seen and heard about this. Smacks of Lescott circa 2009.

City "leak out" to the press early in the summer their interest in the player. Every week the rumour "Man City preparing bid, etc, etc". Bid they know will be rejected made. Then in the papers all the time "Man City readying new bid...". Seeing this every day, knowing whats on offer, it unsettles the player. When the player is unsettled it unsettles other people at the club too.

My guess is they'll wait til a short while before the season starts they'll up the ante with more serious interest. If Villa refuse to sell, it'll be on Milner to try and force the move if he wants to. If he doesn't, who knows what will happen. If he does, they'll wait and give you little time to find a replacement.

Doing it all in the public eye to unsettle your club, try and weaken you and leave it late so you find it more difficult to recover.

I could be wrong but the similarities are there, without a doubt.

I agree. I think that their approach is really disrespectful - even their official site is speculating on Milner's move. This is wrong. Not quite at the Barcelona level but not far off. Uefa really need to step in and stop this.

couldn't agree more, really annoy's me when players talk about players at other clubs.

Agree! I also follow the NBA (the Lakers of Los Angeles as my home team) and this type of nonsense of talking about some other teams player is called TAMPERING!!! And is strictly not allowed. Huge fines are doled out on any club representative as well as individual players who talk about securing another team's player if that player is still under contract somewhere else. It's all very disrepectful and harmful to the team who is being pirated.

....what a joke

money in the bank.

Why ? What's he said?

gotta aggree... im not his biggest fan - i think the term "vastly overrated" was invented for Milner....... and his square jaw

....what a joke

money in the bank.

Why ? What's he said?

gotta aggree... im not his biggest fan - i think the term "vastly overrated" was invented for Milner....... and his square jaw

I see the backlash has well and truly started.

I guess we'll see next year when he's playing in this front 6:

------------- Toure --------------------------------

----------------------------- Barry ----------------

Silva ------------- Milner --------------- Johnson

------------ Tevez/Dzeko/Adebayor ------------

I think our Jimmy will score for fun in there and will match Lampard and Gerard's totals.

Daniel Taylor (Reporter for the Guardian - based in Manchester) says on twitter:

Expecting #MCFC to make next move for James Milner next wk. #AVFC know Milner wants to go but need to reach a compromise over fee

Link

Nothing new I suppose.