What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

also, at the end of the day loyalty is a two-way street as well............. id say across football there are a lot more players who are sold when they dont want to leave clubs as opposed players forcing moves........

Your comment regarding James Milner a few pages back is a disgrace imo

I thought it was fair. He has got a massive square jaw !!

You'll look pretty daft if he stays

How?? Look back through my posts, im not a fan of Milners and never will be - also, staying or going has no bearing on the squareness of his massive jaw

What?!?

This has to be a wind-up! (the not rating him bit, he does have one seriously square jaw thing going on)

no wind-up, i think hes a steady player. I think the hype he gets about being the next messiah is way over the top. He'll never be a topclass player on the level that players like Gerrard got to, but to listen to the masses hes better than Maradona

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a massive fan of Jimmy's, I love the way he plays football with heart and soul for 90 minutes.

Putting aside my personal feelings for a moment I have to be fair and say that if Milner goes to Man city for an inflated fee then he will have benefitted Villa as well as himself, it's not a one way street.

Some of the abuse from the odd poster indicates that they fail to recognise that football is a business not a hobby. Man city may well win the league this year and it is their perogative to spend as much of their billions as they like in order to pursue success. Don't blame Milner for that, football is his job and he's bloody good at it!

I still hope he stays though. :lol:

also, at the end of the day loyalty is a two-way street as well............. id say across football there are a lot more players who are sold when they dont want to leave clubs as opposed players forcing moves........

How?? Look back through my posts, im not a fan of Milners and never will be - also, staying or going has no bearing on the squareness of his massive jaw

What?!?

This has to be a wind-up! (the not rating him bit, he does have one seriously square jaw thing going on)

It's immensely attractive. A proper man face.

What?!?

It's immensely attractive. A proper man face.

Lucy.. Afternoon, I don't believe we have been formally introduced! :D

Aston Villa's inertia suggests James Milner is off to Manchester City

• Villa fail to offer England midfielder new contract

• Manchester City set to increase opening £18m bid

Stuart James

guardian.co.uk, Friday 16 July 2010 22.01 BST

James Milner has not asked for a move, but Aston Villa appear to be doing little to keep him out of Manchester City's hands. P

Aston Villa appear increasingly resigned to losing James Milner after it emerged the club is yet to offer the England international a new contract in the face of interest from Manchester City and that there are no talks scheduled between the two parties.

Milner remains a key target for City, who are expected to return with an improved bid after their opening offer of £18m, plus a further £2m in add-ons, was flatly rejected in May. Villa met Milner and his representative shortly after that bid was received to discuss his future, but the club's desire to hold on to the 24-year-old midfielder did not extend to them presenting him with a new deal and improved personal terms. That situation has remained unchanged.

Martin O'Neill, the Villa manager, said towards the end of last season that the club was keen to reward Milner, who has just entered the final two years of his contract, for his progress following an outstanding campaign which culminated in him being named PFA Young Player of Year. O'Neill had suggested talks would take place after the World Cup finals yet there has been no indication that when Milner returns at the end of the month, after being given an extended break following the World Cup, that he will be presented with a new contract proposal.

It appears that within Villa there is an acceptance it is all but certain Milner will seek to move this summer. Stewart Downing said on Thursday that he suspects his team-mate has "probably already made his decision" and earlier in the week O'Neill sounded pessimistic about Villa's chances of keeping Milner out of City's clutches. "Eventually, if players do want to leave the football club, or any football club for that matter, then it becomes more difficult than ever before," he said.

Milner is understood to be surprised at O'Neill's remarks because of the inference that he is agitating for a move away from Villa Park, despite the fact he has never pushed to be given the chance to join City.

Whether that stance changes should City fail to meet Villa's asking price, which is believed to be in excess of £25m, remains to be seen, although it seems highly unlikely the former Leeds trainee will submit a transfer request.

Clicky

Manchester City prepared to raise bid to £25m for Aston Villa's James

Manchester City are preparing to step up their attempts to prise James Milner from Aston Villa by making a second bid in the region of £25 million for the England midfielder.

By Mark Ogden

Published: 10:00PM BST 16 Jul 2010

City had an initial offer of £20 million for the former Newcastle player rejected by Villa in May, but despite Villa valuing Milner at £30 million, City believe they can agree a compromise figure with the Midlands club.

And although the City hierarchy and manager Roberto Mancini are now in the United States at their Portland training camp, a new bid for Milner is expected to be submitted once the club move on to New York early next week.

Milner, who is on holiday following his involvement with England in the World Cup, has refused to be drawn publicly on his future.

Villa remain keen to negotiate a new contract with their £12 million record signing, but the 23 year-old has so far failed to sign an extension to the two years left on his deal.

Manager Martin O'Neill conceded earlier this week that it has become 'more difficult than ever' to retain the services of players who express a desire to leave a club.

Having had a £17 million bid accepted by Lazio for the Serbian left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, City will take their summer spending to close to £80 million if they can agree personal terms with the defender.

That figure will rise beyond the £130 million mark if City can agree a deal for Milner and the Wolfsburg forward Edin Dzeko, who remains a target despite the German club raising their valuation of the player to £40 million, with Juventus entering the race for his signature.

Attempts to lure the Inter Milan forward Mario Balotelli to Eastlands are ongoing and City have informed the European champions of their interest in the player. The club have yet to lodge a formal bid for the 19 year-old, who rose to prominence at the San Siro during Mancini's spell there as manager.

Clicky

Did this really need a new thread Jez?

We have 125+ pages of this already.

Combine that with the fact that thread title is a size 6 baloney, I reckon this might be locked shortly.

Personally, speaking from the experience of last summer, everything I've seen and heard about this. Smacks of Lescott circa 2009.

City "leak out" to the press early in the summer their interest in the player. Every week the rumour "Man City preparing bid, etc, etc". Bid they know will be rejected made. Then in the papers all the time "Man City readying new bid...". Seeing this every day, knowing whats on offer, it unsettles the player. When the player is unsettled it unsettles other people at the club too.

My guess is they'll wait til a short while before the season starts they'll up the ante with more serious interest. If Villa refuse to sell, it'll be on Milner to try and force the move if he wants to. If he doesn't, who knows what will happen. If he does, they'll wait and give you little time to find a replacement.

Doing it all in the public eye to unsettle your club, try and weaken you and leave it late so you find it more difficult to recover.

I could be wrong but the similarities are there, without a doubt.

Personally, speaking from the experience of last summer, everything I've seen and heard about this. Smacks of Lescott circa 2009.

City "leak out" to the press early in the summer their interest in the player. Every week the rumour "Man City preparing bid, etc, etc". Bid they know will be rejected made. Then in the papers all the time "Man City readying new bid...". Seeing this every day, knowing whats on offer, it unsettles the player. When the player is unsettled it unsettles other people at the club too.

My guess is they'll wait til a short while before the season starts they'll up the ante with more serious interest. If Villa refuse to sell, it'll be on Milner to try and force the move if he wants to. If he doesn't, who knows what will happen. If he does, they'll wait and give you little time to find a replacement.

Doing it all in the public eye to unsettle your club, try and weaken you and leave it late so you find it more difficult to recover.

I agree. I think that their approach is really disrespectful - even their official site is speculating on Milner's move. This is wrong. Not quite at the Barcelona level but not far off. Uefa really need to step in and stop this.

I agree. I think that their approach is really disrespectful - even their official site is speculating on Milner's move. This is wrong. Not quite at the Barcelona level but not far off. Uefa really need to step in and stop this.

our club captain is doing the same thing with mcgeady tho

Something we have done consistently over the last few years as well, I think though that it is more to do with the fans than unsettling somebody.

I said the whole club too. If the player has his head turned, it unsettles other people too. Fans the worst cos they don't really have a clue whats going on.