What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Looks like its over Man City depsite all their money, have failed to bully us out of our player. This is an important message to other clubs who might also attempt the same strong arm tactics.

Make no mistake about it, Cooke will be scratching his head over this one. lol. Well done MON and the rest of the management team, you play a mean game of poker. £30m or .... off!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like its over Man City depsite all their money, have failed to bully us out of our player. This is an important message to other clubs who might also attempt the same strong arm tactics.

Make no mistake about it, Cooke will be scratching his head over this one. lol. Well done MON and the rest of the management team, you play a mean game of poker. £30m or .... off!

I concur.

they are trying to play hardball, i dont understand why milner wont sign a new deal with us. why not say look james we revived your career and we wnat wnats best for the club, sign the contract so you get more money and if you still want to go next summer, then fine. this keeps all partie shappy you leave and we get more money for you as a club, as next season your valuation will drop.

i dont see why milner wouldnt do that, he will earn more for this season

But his valuation wouldn't drop if he signed a new contract, it would go up as he would be contracted to us for longer. Just as it will go down when he only has a year left on his contract, like with Barry. So if he doesn't sign a new contract, he knows there's more chance of a big club buying him next year. Like with Barry. And increasing his wages a bit for one year with us is nothing compared to the raise he'd get at City in a year's time.

That's why he won't sign a new one, just like Barry didn't.

Get in, I am happy about that if true. Though I won't be sighing with relief until the window closes and he is still here.

Hopefully it is just the wage bill that is a concern and Randy is still willing to sign a couple of players as long as fringe players leave, as mysteryman has suggested.

Oooo that scumbag word removed Milner looks like he might be staying which MON doesn't seem fussed about.

Have we any money now?

WTF Jez?

Grow up mate, seriously. You're acting like a **** 10 year old, it's pathetic - and that goes for the rest of the people making these comments too, to single out Jez is a little unfair but it's the only one I've seen this morning.

Oooo that scumbag word removed Milner looks like he might be staying which MON doesn't seem fussed about.

Have we any money now?

WTF Jez?

Grow up mate, seriously. You're acting like a **** 10 year old, it's pathetic - and that goes for the rest of the people making these comments too, to single out Jez is a little unfair but it's the only one I've seen this morning.

Perhaps i should have put a ;) after that first sentence ;)

I dont agree with people slagging him off, neither did i agree with people slagging off Barry before he left.

Have we any money now?

WTF Jez?

Perhaps i should have put a ;) after that first sentence ;)

I dont agree with people slagging him off, neither did i agree with people slagging off Barry before he left.

Fairy nuff, angry rant retracted.

Hang on wasn't there a good few pages on this thread all about MON trying to push Milner out the door? I wonder if those people will carry on complaining using that theory to justify it?

I'm glad we take this stance, we have good players and I'm sure we will continue to buy good players and standing up to the likes of Liverpool and city really does send out an excellent message.

Oh and it's nice to hear that randy and the chief exec are heavily involved in transfers. Maybe now we can stop putting the sole blame for wages on just the manager and make out that poor randy has no idea.

But his valuation wouldn't drop if he signed a new contract, it would go up as he would be contracted to us for longer. Just as it will go down when he only has a year left on his contract, like with Barry. So if he doesn't sign a new contract, he knows there's more chance of a big club buying him next year. Like with Barry. And increasing his wages a bit for one year with us is nothing compared to the raise he'd get at City in a year's time

exactly only suggetsing maybe signing a 2 year deal so we receive a good sum too. i reckon we will lose about 10m if we sell him next seaosn.

this to me suggest we dont want any city player including ireland. i would happily take 20m and ireland. i think city would too

I would think , or perhaps I should hope, any opprobium directed Milners way was conditional on him leaving, handing in a transfer request etc, and with all the rumours you never knew precisely where he stood. I would have angry with him for joining those arseholes and wanting out. I would still like him to sign a new contract if he ultimately does stay - which is far from certain - as if he doesn't sign, it indicates he still wants to leave, but is ok with waiting a year to get his move.

Why do I have deja vu here?

Fair play to the board for not folding but do we really need an unhappy player around? Worse would involve a deadline day move that would leave our season plans severely dented.

The best option here would be to plan for life without him, then if we can keep him for another year then great. As a bonus he should be offered a year’s extension to his current contract on improved wages, just enough to cover us better for next summer.

I'll believe it when the window shuts and he's still here but will me made up if he does stay. This could just as easily be MON's mind games again showing Citeh that if they don't take him it's not going to upset the Villa camp - something they are probably relying on right now to strengthing their negotiating hand.

Was happy when I heard the latest today, but ,

Mancity board arnt going to argue over a couple of million, they have been paying well over price since they got there, The only time they argued was over Lescote, and the way that transfer was drawn out till the start of the season totally messed up evertons season. Think they may want to do the same to us.

This wont be over till transfer deadline day.